• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

Worst business decisions ever.

7. NEW Coke​

Rupert Murdoch, News Corp Billionaire, bought it and attempted to make it too profitable too quickly. Essentially, over-saturating the site with annoying ads would be its downfall. The year 2008 was Myspace's peak, with 75.9 million unique visitors. But it just couldn't survive following the launch of Facebook, especially as the ads alienated users.

Murdoch sold Myspace in 2011 for just $35 million after buying it for years for $580 million. The tycoon has made many significant decisions in his time; this was not one of them.

Atari is still in existence, but it never truly recovered from the video gaming crash 1983. If only they'd branched out by taking the Apple.

• Math mayhem destroys Mars probe – in 1999, the Mars Climate Orbiter hit the planet's atmosphere and burst into flames. After 10 months in space and a budget of $125million, its failure resulted from one simple mistake. During the design phase, the probe's speed had been calculated in metric units. When building the thrusters, however, the engineers programmed the speed in imperial measures.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
In one software company I worked for, the CEO and three other employees started a brand new secret startup having something to do with LinkedIn and nothing to do with our company. They dedicated 100% of their working time and resources toward it. As far as I know, it folded pretty quickly, especially after the CFO caught wind of what they were doing. The employees involved were also responsible for things like ensuring that projects were making it out the door, so we ended up having a lot of backed up features and updates that were lagged by several weeks since we couldn't find where any of these guys went

Another company I worked for would arbitrarily reform the team structures every 6 months, which is a great recipe for relearning and readapting everything while delivering nothing

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
In one software company I worked for, the CEO and three other employees started a brand new secret startup having something to do with LinkedIn and nothing to do with our company. They dedicated 100% of their working time and resources toward it. As far as I know, it folded pretty quickly, especially after the CFO caught wind of what they were doing. The employees involved were also responsible for things like ensuring that projects were making it out the door, so we ended up having a lot of backed up features and updates that were lagged by several weeks since we couldn't find where any of these guys went

Another company I worked for would arbitrarily reform the team structures every 6 months, which is a great recipe for relearning and readapting everything while delivering nothing
We are the family slogan makes me angry.

Virtual Cafe Awards