Worst medical care experiences?

Never going to the doctors again. This entire thread reads like a modern version of "witch doctor" and also of medieval bloodletting practices. Don't worry our leeches have papers and certificates that entitle each one to practice medicine on you.

Virtual Cafe Awards

housepoopr

I woke up during a colonoscopy; I could feel it inside me. I was shaking and screaming. No anesthesia that day, so I got a shot of something instead. I woke up. Happened in Kaiserslautern, Germany.

I had to get my colon checked and the protagonist was 6' 5" with sausage sized fingers. I couldn't help screaming at him to hurry up. He even asked if a totally adorable young Asian doctor gal could watch. I denied this request. I yelled in surprise when the procedure started and he was like are you okay, finger in place still, and I yelled at him to dude hurry up. Not fun.

Davis Monothan AF base. As an army tool; I had to go see an AF Colonel for Wisdom tooth extraction. I got shots, but could still feel the extraction because I was awake for the extractions. He yanked my bottom teeth, while I was awake. He used my jaw bone for leverage. One of the teeth broke during extraction. I couldn't do more than moan and groan because it hurt so bad. The rest of the extraction was not fun either but the feeling of metal pliers on my back tooth, the pressure and the sound, I can almost feel it.

gsyme

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Not really a bad medical experience, but this sorta reinforced that people are all human and that having a respected profession like "doctor" doesn't make you any better than anyone else:

A long time ago, probably around 2010, I was fucking off on Torchan or something and went to a board for /i/ shit and raids.

Someone had dropped some basic dox for this airline pilot girl he was mad at and was making a PA request for us to go harass her or something.

Because of the mentality of "not your personal army", I used to the email address to just sorta reach out to the intended victim and make sure she was aware someone was trying to spread her dox on Tor and get her harassed.

She replied and didn't seem too surprised by it, but instead figured it was this really weird indian doctor guy she had briefly dated just prior and broken up with. She says he's a really needy guy that can only get off if he's cross dressing. Like would refuse to fuck her unless he's dressed like a girl. Real weird shit.

Me and this airplane lady go back and forth a bit and she mentions that she has pics of him crossdressed and I get her to send them to me. So I take these and drop Dr.Pajeet's dox and CD pics back in his own PA thread on the imageboard.

I don't think anyone did anything, and no further lulz were had from it, but as I was sitting there as a little x-teen year old kid that works at 7-11 and lives in the ghetto, that I just mediated a dispute between a fucking degenerate doctor and an airline captain that fucks around too much. Like these people were garbage, but made a degree of magnitude more money than me and had prestigious roles that people usually find respectable.

Really kinda equalized humanity right before my eyes to see this doctor dressed like a woman and being a tremendous faggot on camera like that and then having the balls to go off and make PA requests on imageboards. Like I have no real respect for doctors-as-doctors anymore, or anyone just based on their title or role. Lol.

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Earlier this year I burned my hands real bad. Partner had pulled something out of the oven while I was doing dishes and I didn't realize it had JUST come out of the oven, so I grabbed it full force with the intention to take it to the sink and wash it out. It was 450 F or about 230 C. Tried to do normal burn first aid on myself, but it hurt so bad that after nursing it for about an hour or so the pain was still increasing so I went to the urgent care place down the road. It's a Sunday night so the place is empty, there's a single other group in the waiting room and they're waiting for someone to be discharged - but I still had to wait for over an hour. Finally go into the back area, and wait some more. Doctor shows up, tells me my hands are burned, pulls out his phone to take a picture, and leaves. Whole thing was less than 5 minutes and he neither treated me at all, nor told me what to do in the coming days. Oh and of course he had multiple insignia on his scrubs and lab coat to let you know that he's a Harvard Man.

Thankfully a nurse came in later to bandage me up properly. He recognized that I was no narc and said things like "I can't tell you what to do because I'm not a doctor, but..." and gave me far better advice than the actual doctor (who just wanted me to go see another doctor).

Fuck doctors. The only requirement to become a doctor is to be good in school, which is not inherently capable of preparing you for practicing medicine.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
I really don't like going to the doctor but I can't say I've had any really terrible experience. I live close enough to a hospital that's actually really good. When my sister was going through chemotherapy we learned that people travelled from quite a ways to get cancer treatment at this hospital because it's that good. My worst experience was probably at a hospital away from home when I was at college. I was playing racquetball with some friends and at one point when the play was dead, one of the guys hit the ball anyway which caught me off guard and slammed into my eye. Immediately it filled with blood and all I saw in that eye was a reddish yellowish liquid haze. Went to the hospital and the doctor looked at my eye, called it a scratched cornea, and left it at that. I didn't challenge him on it but I was worried about a detached retina because my mom's vision had gotten fucked over for a few years because of malpractice on that exact same issue. Thankfully it really was just a scratched cornea but the confirmation bias of the doctor was probably my worst medical experience, as small as that is.

I do have to say though, what I've noticed is that doctors know fuck all about nutrition. Like it's hilariously bad how terrible they are about giving diet advice. In most scenarios, some doctors will be good with a thing but others wont, but for some reason, I have never met a doctor that can do more than point to outdated food information. Actually got really annoying because my sister who got cancer also has type 1 diabetes and while in chemo, we were technically not able to regulate her insulin because by hospital rules the doctors had to be the ones to regulate anything and they went off the charts for sugar intake to insulin dose. Now if you know anything about managing your own insulin you'll know that those charts are really a guide more than a rule. So what ended up happening is that the doctors would order too much insulin to be put into my sister and she was getting massive lows all the time because of it. Eventually it got to the point where the nurses would kind of just let us do it instead and just not tell the doctors about it.

Bonus stories (that weren't horrible experiences but I want to share them anyway):
Once I had a muscle spasm in my shoulder that was so bad I started to puke because of the consistent dull throbbing pain. Went to the ER and they gave me muscle relaxants and pain relievers and let me tell you, I had the best nap of my life that afternoon. Eventually got the issue fixed at my chiropractor.

Right before my dentist was about to remove my wisdom teeth he realized that the latest X-rays of my mouth were two years old so he got a fresh set. Looking at the updated photos he learned that on the right side of my mouth the roots of my wisdom tooth had grown into my nasal cavity. The actual procedure went well but recovery was so annoying bc I essentially had to be extremely careful to not create a pressure differential between my nose and mouth bc otherwise the stitchings would pop. Recovery took about twice as long as your normal wisdom teeth procedure and I got so desperate for food that was more substantial than shakes and yogurt that I took some leftover jambalaya that my family had and threw it into the blender until it was a mush. Tasted quite good after about a week of liquids.

Virtual Cafe Awards