Write your game ideas.

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
* A Zelda spinoff game starting Ganon. Rarely i've seen games with an enemy as main protagonist. We need more zelda spinoff games in general covering minor characters like those DS Tingle games.
* A kingdom game with a Zelda skin. Imagine Link protecting Zelda from greeds instead of crown and also using his master sword to slash some of those and cutting grass to find rupees in the position of coins. The chests require keys which are scattered across islands to collect diamonds and ambient versions of zelda tracks play in background. But it would require permission from Nintendo to use their IP which is achievement for indie game devs like the case of Cadence of Hyrule spinoff.
* A professor layton esque Infinity Train game with cutscenes. I think it will not be anyway because the show ended after 4th season which is sad why there are unsolved mysteries. It could work if cartoon network picked up a good studio to develop it.
* Not a new game, but super princess peach port on Switch. I loved how the gameplay was different from the usual super mario, the aesthetics and the emotional manipulation mechanism to clear obstucles and fight bosses but it carries that stupid stigma.
* An Hindi mythology game developed by Supergiant games. For a region with very ancient and rich mythology, it's suprisingly underrepresented in video games with very few games (3-5 games come to mind) cover it. Combine the gameplay of Hades, the music of Bastion(Combination of traditional music and alternative rock) and artstyle of Pyre and you have an instant success.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Sidewinder91

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've been toying with making a PS1 style JRPG. I don't really have much planned out, though I've got a general idea.

The basic idea is that it would be similar to Xenogears. You have a party of characters who can fight on foot, but who later get access to mechs, there are towns, an overworld, and at some point in the game you'd get to traverse the world in a giant airship.

Unlike Xenogears though, the world would be inspired by more post apocalyptic stuff. Battle Angel Alita, Trigun, and some Fallout. Ships would be very similar to Legend of the Galactic Heroes, while the Mechs would be more inspired by VOTOMS, rather than Gundam.

I actually started making it for a game jam, though I wound up quitting fairly early. I didn't have enough time, and I generally work best when I've got a lot of prep-work done before I start development. Got a few work in progress videos, though, if anyone cares.

View: https://youtu.be/_Sxsu92iauI

View: https://youtu.be/-0y8XQRqj54

View: https://youtu.be/TZaSLbX5iHU

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
I've been toying with making a PS1 style JRPG. I don't really have much planned out, though I've got a general idea.

The basic idea is that it would be similar to Xenogears. You have a party of characters who can fight on foot, but who later get access to mechs, there are towns, an overworld, and at some point in the game you'd get to traverse the world in a giant airship.

Unlike Xenogears though, the world would be inspired by more post apocalyptic stuff. Battle Angel Alita, Trigun, and some Fallout. Ships would be very similar to Legend of the Galactic Heroes, while the Mechs would be more inspired by VOTOMS, rather than Gundam.

I actually started making it for a game jam, though I wound up quitting fairly early. I didn't have enough time, and I generally work best when I've got a lot of prep-work done before I start development. Got a few work in progress videos, though, if anyone cares.

View: https://youtu.be/_Sxsu92iauI

View: https://youtu.be/-0y8XQRqj54

View: https://youtu.be/TZaSLbX5iHU

This is really cool, it looks exactly like a PS1 game. (That's a compliment.)

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
For my game ideas:

I wanted a game that simulated the "summer childhood" vibe kinda as if it was a lighthearted version of Earthbound. TO MY SUPRISE, this game type of game has already been made and I couldn't be more happier!

1661026237585.png

Another idea I had was simply just alternatives to the mainstream AAA games we have now. HATE call of duty nowadays? Try out Unlisted or Squad. I don't want to completely rely on the AAA for these game genres.

And my last game idea would be to take a book and adapt it to a video game. And I think it could work out well. Imagine a 1984 game and you actually got to see and play in that world. Another book I would like to see as a game would be The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. You would play through the story line and it would be like an aventure game where you fight mythical beasts and get cool swords and stuff. Also with battle royals being dominant, I'm suprised we haven't gotten a "Hunger games" battle royale.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RustedZaku

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
A tactical FPS set within a dieselpunk/fantasy alternate history where Europe and much of Asia has been consumed by a war between different occult warlords, taking place primarily within the 1940's-1980's. Being one of the few countries not totally ravaged, the American government has authorized the mass production of haemonculus like soldiers to throw against these warlords in fear of their war spreading to America and wanting to prevent the immense hazardous events and wastes produced by the weapons and rituals used by the other sides. Think of it something like a mix between Republic Commando, older Rainbow Six games, Ghost Recon, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars with Necrovision, Clive Barker's Jericho, and Hellboy thrown into it. I also took inspiration from that one Command and Conquer Tiberium fps game that was cancelled a while back. The player character controls squads, platoons, and can request some armored support thrown into the roster as well to fight against an entire array of different supernatural creatures.

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
A cyberpunk "visual novel" that is essentially 2D RuneScape but without any combat, puzzle or skills. Just pure exploration and world interaction. I have actually started the pre-production for that game a few months ago. That being said, the game will probably need a lot of time in the oven. Perphaps I will be able to release a demo next year if everything go as planned.

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Since I was like 13 I always dreamed about this super cool zombie game in RPG Style that I keep expanding upon while daydreaming lol. WIth a semi sandbox overworld but organic limitations ( you only get a set amount of fuel due to it being expensive and rare, your piece of shit car breaks down in the middle of nowhere, you get tired or your team doesnt trust you enough yet to get too far away with you from the hubworld etc). It borrows a lot of elements from George A. Romero movies and the first few seasons of TWD (before it went stale).

You can like choose between 1 of 6 different characters at the start, each being super unique and drastically changes the playstyle. Like you have a techy girl that has drones like rc cars and flying drones, that relies on stealth and avoiding combat. Or that Operator type of guy that has a dog and generally tries to uplift everyone. Than a grungy kind of guy thats mostly unphased and calm but swears a lot. The game starts 5 years after the apocalypse and the hub world is a unfinished city build on an island (if you guess which movie this is from you are my friend) which is completely autark and by actions your group do you can influence what type of settlement it becomes.

However you are not supposed to be that super hero group, in fact you are rookies that get tasked with bog standard supply runs where you have to provide collateral for your weapons at the armory and your first car is either a rundown toyota hilux, lada or one of those shitty vans from the 90s. And your group makes jokes about the cars like "I hope I get bitten later so I dont have to get back into that crammed and farted up trunk again"

You can customise cars, add a turret, armor, music, storage space etc and you get better cars later on like buggys, a truck, a jeep (must go faster voice line included) etc. You can also customise your guns and gear. You can take small requests from citizens before you go out for official supply runs, like that one guy wants cigars or the other one toys for his kids. If you find the requested items you can either sell them to HQ to improve your standing or give them to the quest giver to improve standing with them and unlock special quests on either side. Like your supervisor sees the cigars and says like "Damn what I would give for those" And you have to choose. You surely find cigars again but right now you are a nobody among many others and you need to stand out. Or you get a hero of the citizens and get a greater pool of options.

You can find Survivor NPCs and add them to your Group or have citizens join you etc. Theres like 20-30 and each one has their unique twist. Basically the plot is that you try to get by in the post apocalyptic Capitalism world. After successful runs HQ trusts you more as well as the other scout/supply teams and you arent the butt of jokes anymore and get actual interesting missions like investigating small towns and mark good loot and build outposts that improve supply lines. Later you can even stop being a rentoid and buy a house in the Zone etc etc. Its a somewhat ironic and different take. There would be like mood in your team you have to keep an eye on, exhaustion of your characters etc etc.

You can also find like lost supply drops by the military, you could use them yourself or give them to HQ to improve equipment for everyone and even unlocking like a fast response team with trucks and helicopters you can call in if you get surrounded by zombies or face too much resistance. However it all boils down that you uncover that zombies mutate into almost monsters and you can find their nests and stuff. So its a horror game but with human emotions and some jokes here and there but without coming across ridiculous or forced humor. (Imagine the guys from the neet music video in a zombie setting, or basically any group of tweens in todays late stage capitalism)

Virtual Cafe Awards

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I wanted a game that simulated the "summer childhood" vibe kinda as if it was a lighthearted version of Earthbound. TO MY SUPRISE, this game type of game has already been made and I couldn't be more happier!
I would so. There are already games like Doraemon games.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org
* A Zelda spinoff game starting Ganon. Rarely i've seen games with an enemy as main protagonist. We need more zelda spinoff games in general covering minor characters like those DS Tingle games.
* A kingdom game with a Zelda skin. Imagine Link protecting Zelda from greeds instead of crown and also using his master sword to slash some of those and cutting grass to find rupees in the position of coins. The chests require keys which are scattered across islands to collect diamonds and ambient versions of zelda tracks play in background. But it would require permission from Nintendo to use their IP which is achievement for indie game devs like the case of Cadence of Hyrule spinoff.
* A professor layton esque Infinity Train game with cutscenes. I think it will not be anyway because the show ended after 4th season which is sad why there are unsolved mysteries. It could work if cartoon network picked up a good studio to develop it.
* Not a new game, but super princess peach port on Switch. I loved how the gameplay was different from the usual super mario, the aesthetics and the emotional manipulation mechanism to clear obstucles and fight bosses but it carries that stupid stigma.
* An Hindi mythology game developed by Supergiant games. For a region with very ancient and rich mythology, it's suprisingly underrepresented in video games with very few games (3-5 games come to mind) cover it. Combine the gameplay of Hades, the music of Bastion(Combination of traditional music and alternative rock) and artstyle of Pyre and you have an instant success.
Why a Super Princess Peach port only and not a sequel as well? Imagine a sequel with more playable characters (Rosalina, Daisy, Toadette), the villain being Bowsette and the final battle being the protagonist and Bowsette turning gigantic.

And yeah, SPP is criminally overlooked for a Mario spinoff and misunderstood with the haters whining about it being "too easy" (yet they have no problem with Kirby games being easy) and "sexist".

SpheralBloom

I'm not a femboy I swear
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I've been getting into old animation recently, and I'm surprised there hasn't been some kind of Roger Rabbit game of some kind. It would probably feel like eternal damnation to develop but if done right, it could be a work of art.
In terms of everything surrounding the idea, like worldbuilding, mechanics, characters, etc., my mind is kind of all over the place. I'm always jumping from genre to genre to see what would fit best and be fun I'd really want it to be set in some kind of noir world like Roger Rabbit. The contrast between these colorful animated characters and a dark, realistic world was really interesting. There's a lot more room for exploration there worldbuilding wise.
When it comes to gameplay, that's where I'm stumped. I would want it to be a boss rush that has you fighting toons in realistic settings. And maybe they can utilize real world objects and people in the fight. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not the most developed idea but it would be my dream game

Virtual Cafe Awards

jaedaen

Stay a while, and listen.
Reaction score
Awards
A game that starts up as a typical action game with badass moves, and you are forced to confront several people that need to die for some typical action game reason. The rest of the game is narrative focused and about you dealing with the trauma of having killed several people. There are moments in later chapters where you play as grieving loved ones of the deceased, some handling it well and in therapy, and some becoming self-destructive and ruining their own lives. It has to have some ultra-violent name too for the bait and switch that doubles as a good name for a PTSD simulator.

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
And my last game idea would be to take a book and adapt it to a video game. And I think it could work out well.
Reading the Aubrey-Maturin books made me want a game about being a ship's captain during the Napoleonic wars. I'm honestly shocked that there have been more games made about submarines (Silent Hunter, UBOAT, Cold Waters) than surface-level ships, and that of the few ship-themed games out there only a handful are set during the age of sail. Everyone loves pirates, so why isn't the setting more popular?
Maybe it has something to do with water physics being hard to simulate and the actual mechanics of sailing being seen as too complicated for the average gamer to understand. I don't know about the first point, but there's a really cool tech demo called A Painted Ocean that does a pretty good job of simulating sailing an 18th century square-rigged frigate using a Dwarf Fortress-like interface of keyboard commands. It's barebones in its current state, but I could see the concept becoming really intuitive if it was combined with a good tutorial (you could frame it as a mini-prequel set during the player character's time as a midshipman) and an AI "first officer" you could use to automatically trim the sails based on a given course or heading (the demo already has something like this.)
Now take that and combine it with a Silent Hunter-style dynamic campaign based on carrying out different assignments for the Admiralty (or the Marine Impériale) and working your way up the ranks. Add some kind of crew management system that simulates morale and gives sailors and officers different personality traits and skills that can help or hinder you. Throw in Paradox-style random story events and sidequests. Create expansion packs based on being a privateer or civilian trader. There's so much you can do with the concept.
MV5BMTQ4MzczMDY5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDY0NzgyMw@@._V1_.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org