ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
>He thinks 'total chaos' can exist
>He implies the most conservative periods in history weren't 'ever-changing'
>He classifies things with vague, relativistic language like 'good' and 'bad' without definition
>Muh video game industry is different!

Wow, Millennials are doing a really good job at becoming Boomers.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Moon-Watcher777

愛している
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
One things for sure. The time for discourse has long since past. The replies in this thread only verify how ensconced people are in their state fabricated socio-political identity. I am no exception to the rule myself. The social cohesion looks to be completely dismantled. If you find yourself having the same political and social opinions of every major world power, fortune 500 company, and youtube/ticktoc starlett. Your not part of the "resistance". You are what some would call a Useful Idiot.

Virtual Cafe Awards
One things for sure. The time for discourse has long since past. The replies in this thread only verify how ensconced people are in their state fabricated socio-political identity. I am no exception to the rule myself. The social cohesion looks to be completely dismantled. If you find yourself having the same political and social opinions of every major world power, fortune 500 company, and youtube/ticktoc starlett. Your not part of the "resistance". You are what some would call a Useful Idiot.
Its my professional prediction that our world will erupt into violence and chaos in the near future once all hell finishes breaking loose. It just takes for someone to pull the pin off that grenade for things to go thermo-nuclear.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The overton window has shifted. For those of you like myself who have been holding on to the idea that things will eventually return back to normal. This is the final pill.
Because of that I will ask a question: Why should the system care about your opinion at all, if you just exist as a tax cattle, buying the products and just going along with the system? You need power, leverage and collective action if you want any change in the world.

Talon

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
There was never a normal to return to.

What's normal? Forever wars? Stock market crashes ruining any meager savings or retirement plans my generation manages to have? The addiction to consumption that drives individuals into crippling debt? Being afraid to go to school or the movies because some psychopath wants to get a bigger kill count than the SSRI zombie before him?

If we were truly going to return to any kind of normal we'd all live like Amish people. No tech, small insular communities, long days tending the fields and other forms of backbreaking labor without electrical tools for both men and women., and likely a foundation of some kind of faith-based philosophy that binds the community together. The world has always been chaos and every generation believes they will be the last thinking the end of the world is just around the corner.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

existence as we know was never "normal".

normal was back is the garden of eden. everything after that has been abnormality, flux, change, growing pains and chaos.

the world will return there someday

People on both sides are saying this. As things get worse, the general temperature rises - people of all stripes get their own specific brand of hotter than they were. Even someone totally uninterested in politics falls under this pattern. Maybe they stop caring about committing a petty crime or getting into a fight on the street instead of going to a protest. Same thing. Things heat up universally.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
"Normal", like things have ever been "normal" since the dawn of time. The present is chaos, so is the past, and future. There will never be a "normal" day on this Earth no matter how much you ask for it. Finally, my true question is.... What is "normal"?
I think people just want peace. There's no peace in this modern world. Things aren't conducive to peace. There's nothing aiming to be eternal. There's nothing absolute. People are adrift in a reality that has no meaning for them. They have nothing to fight for either. Their lives are reduced to pleasure and comfort. Man became ephemeral through his ephemeral aspirations and actions. He can do as he wishes and defines what's real and true, so he ends up a victim of himself through his ever changing nature and not having a clear north to guide his life thus being subject to his own spiritual tantrums. Normality is when people's lives had meaning and a north, something strong to aspire to. Today most people don't have that; their lives oscillate between work and pleasure never going beyond ephemeral mundanity.

Virtual Cafe Awards

<SIXX>

BXRN LXST CXNTURY
Reaction score
Awards
I think people just want peace. There's no peace in this modern world. Things aren't conducive to peace. There's nothing aiming to be eternal. There's nothing absolute. People are adrift in a reality that has no meaning for them. They have nothing to fight for either. Their lives are reduced to pleasure and comfort. Man became ephemeral through his ephemeral aspirations and actions. He can do as he wishes and defines what's real and true, so he ends up a victim of himself through his ever changing nature and not having a clear north to guide his life thus being subject to his own spiritual tantrums. Normality is when people's lives had meaning and a north, something strong to aspire to. Today most people don't have that; their lives oscillate between work and pleasure never going beyond ephemeral mundanity.
Wow, you wrote this so beautifully. I completely agree I will say I am a victim of this though. Im 27 now, and I am figuring a way not to become successful but rather how to help all of us succeed. May seem like a far fetched dream but fuck being like everyone else, ill at least try to aspire for something better regardless if its alone or with others who got my back.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ThyOde17

Tree Spiking Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
I don't see any way out of this other than bloodshed. Between this video, and a talk I listened to recently posted by @TRXTR in another thread, it is comically incomprehensible how fucked we actually are on all fronts. If it wasn't so hilariously overwhelming, I'd be terrified.
Thanks for sharing the video on here. I did not see the other thread so adding it here as well is great. Will listen to all of it when I drive to school or work later.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I think people just want peace. There's no peace in this modern world.

They have nothing to fight for either. Their lives are reduced to pleasure and comfort.
You have to make up your mind. The second sentiment doesn't align with the first sentiment.

People think they want peace, but they don't want peace. Peace is what your second sentiment is. Ease, pleasure, comfort, strifeless, mundane. If there was no peace, they would have something to fight for.

The sad part is, peace shows the true colours of society. Most people are cattle, good for little more than taking orders and doing what the leaders tell them to. When not under command, their sanity wanes, they become directionless and useless. The only thing they are good for is being a cog in the machine and when they don't percieve that machine as working towards a future that is better for them, but only those that hold the machine, they become depressed and irate. That is why so many fall victim to militant groups, on all sides of the political spectrum. They look for a new leader to bow down to, a new god, a new holy word to obey with all the littme mental capacity they have, simply because that thing promised them that doing so would improve their life.

Most people are forever a cog in the machine. That's how they are built genetically. In the modern era we have all the tools, the boundlessly free knowledge, the safety net to break free and pursue goals that benefit us, yet these people still bow dosn to the system and beg it for their next set of orders.

When we are in strife, we are each a brilliant star aiming for a greater good, but when the strife ends and peace comes, the 1,000,000 grunts of the army are left with little more than their wounds and memories of their dead friends and family.

Virtual Cafe Awards

saintdinnah

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Maybe it really is the pleasure and comfort that make people believe the world is not "normal". To much of it even. Life is so easy now that it makes simple hardships look like the end of the world for people, because these people only want pleasure and comfort. They don't fully understand that the world is too easy now. Because it's so easy, they begin to believe that the world is hard, not normal, and painful to live in. When in fact it's very easy to move around this world and do things. All you really need is to believe it.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Goopie likes to remind people to stay hydrated and I like to remind people that in the absence of any real criminal masterminds, the feds love to groom and entrap alienated teenage schizos into committing crimes and one should be wary of any calls to violence especially against specific people or places.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Goopie likes to remind people to stay hydrated and I like to remind people that in the absence of any real criminal masterminds, the feds love to groom and entrap alienated teenage schizos into committing crimes and one should be wary of any calls to violence especially against specific people or places.
Oh, so, you are admitting that Goopie is your alt account? Who could have thought.

Virtual Cafe Awards