• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

"Youtubers that turned religious" Thread

Venomnik0

Weary Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
If I had a nickel for every time a creator deleted their entire channel and "went to christ", I would have two:

Gexup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_kkjeiCGjY

and now Jidion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDKoRBtJU-M

Yeah the other is way less cynical than the other but it's odd to me that it both happened twice and why these now sudden "christian" youtubers deleted their entire history with no regard to archival or keeping some form of a legacy. I know it's their choice but it's still odd to me about the whole deleting videos thing is it truly required in Christianity and i'm just unaware or is this something else entirely?

Anyways, is there anybody else who did this as well or are these just really specific cases?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I never fully understood people who changes beliefs just because of a mild crisis, usually people like these in protestant churches likes to act "holier than thou" for reasons i can interpretate as "the first world syndrome", you galsighted yourself into believing satan was pounding your ass raw for a few months and that jesus relieved you form the pain ok we get it, good for you, but can you just not make it your entire persona? Is depressing to see.

But oh well, what do i know, as my good old fella El Jesús said: "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"
1701348542856.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Venomnik0

Weary Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I never fully understood people who changes beliefs just because of a mild crisis, usually people like these in protestant churches likes to act "holier than thou" for reasons i can interpretate as "the first world syndrome", you galsighted yourself into believing satan was pounding your ass raw for a few months and that jesus relieved you form the pain, can you just not make it your entire persona? Is depressing to see.

But oh well, what do i know, as my good old fella El Jesús said: "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"
Exactly my reasoning. Its odd that you decide to upend your entire channel and destroy your own legacy to just suddenly be faithful to god. It's a strange and depowering kind of situation in a way that almost feels counter to belief and faith for some reason. Do you really need to make "God" your entire identity and tell your fans to go fuck themselves?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Exactly my reasoning. Its odd that you decide to upend your entire channel and destroy your own legacy to just suddenly be faithful to god. It's a strange and depowering kind of situation in a way that almost feels counter to belief and faith for some reason. Do you really need to make "God" your entire identity and tell your fans to go fuck themselves?
Tbh i don't oppose to creators getting into a religion, anyone can do anything they want, the thing is like getting too much into it and just sending all progress and content from the past into the trash because of your religion, i can interpretate it like "yeah, i submitted to my new construct i need now obey and delete everything" like, it wasn't even a decision fully made by themselves, like bruh are you a man or a dog?

why they simple do not create an alternative account dedicated to talk about religion and that's it, being religious doesn't mean that you should bury who you are or who you were, if then what would make it different from a pagan cult? It's really something i genuinely don't understand, is like wasting all your talent into a topic someone else already talked about better, with more structure and more edition, what you'll ended up saying is trivial and really does not add anything to the big scheme of things related to religion, again, to me at least makes no sense.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Venomnik0

Weary Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
bruh are you a man or a dog?
"A man chooses, A slave obeys"
200.gif

why they simple do not create an alternative account dedicated to talk about religion and that's it
He did:

Though what bothers me the most is the comments. Absolutely copy paste, "im ok with this godbless you bro". This sounds so odd to me because at any other time or place we'd be all pissed about this situation and be busy archiving all their posts just to spite them i.e. Gexup but we're all ok with it now?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
"A man chooses, A slave obeys"
200.gif

He did:

Though what bothers me the most is the comments. Absolutely copy paste, "im ok with this godbless you bro". This sounds so odd to me because at any other time or place we'd be all pissed about this situation and be busy archiving all their posts just to spite them i.e. Gexup but we're all ok with it now?
I want to believe is clickbait and he does respect others beliefs and is open to actually be informed by others perspective
1701349504276.png

Because if not, something i cringe hard about, is christians who are not tolerant and just goes to eachother throats, yeah who the fuck cares what others do, focus on your own if christianity saved you and made you a better man, show us, if not, don't waste people's time into a sectarian level of circlejerking, because you didn't changed, you just painted your façade with purple and white clothing, is kinda like the phrase "there is no hate like christian love" and is usually a very pretentious kind of hate like "eugh, dirty pagan i'm better than you because i believe what deidity of the current age i decide to adore" and then treat others that are not in their close circles like that, it's really truly dissapointing for something that in paper promises so much.

this are the signals i'm getting from it, is not even religion anymore, is more of a matter of respect really, if you live in a glasshouse, don't throw stone, truth as old as time itself.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Don't forget I Kasoy I, he was one of the OG Runescape player-killing legends. His channel is wiped and most of his videos are gone, but there are some reuploads that exist. 2 Hit Fever will always be a classic to me, and never fails to fill me with nostalgia:

View: https://youtu.be/dZ7m6_iQsFM?si=liwIizPxmupj3tUC

Anyway, sometime around 2009 or something he converted to Christianity and denounced everything. I do have to give him some credit though, he did this a good decade before becoming "Trad" was trendy, so I believe his conversion to be more genuine than a lot of people these days

Virtual Cafe Awards

Venomnik0

Weary Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Don't forget I Kasoy I, he was one of the OG Runescape player-killing legends. His channel is wiped and most of his videos are gone, but there are some reuploads that exist. 2 Hit Fever will always be a classic to me, and never fails to fill me with nostalgia:

View: https://youtu.be/dZ7m6_iQsFM?si=liwIizPxmupj3tUC

Anyway, sometime around 2009 or something he converted to Christianity and denounced everything. I do have to give him some credit though, he did this a good decade before becoming "Trad" was trendy, so I believe his conversion to be more genuine than a lot of people these days

I wonder how much of it managed to be archived because with Gexup I know a large majority of his videos were save. When I looked up Kasoy I only found like 4 videos unless that's all he uploaded.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
in any case, is not ever about religion is about how you change as a person.

Rev from the vinesauce crew is actually an evangelic reverend for example, and i love him because he is the only one in the vinesauce crew who actually plays touhou.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xALEqWDKCpY

Virtual Cafe Awards

Venomnik0

Weary Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
in any case, is not ever about religion is about how you change as a person.

Rev from the vinesauce crew is actually an evangelic reverend for example, and i love him because he is the only one in the vinesauce crew who actually plays touhou.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xALEqWDKCpY

You can be a man of god and still play and enjoy things. This just goes back to my point way back about religion and how it's hyper focused on avoiding hell rather than self discovery or comfort.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
You just made me realize how much youtube and internet culture changed in the last 14 years, man, back in the day everything was so fucking simple, or at least it seemed to be.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Venomnik0

Weary Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
You just made me realize how much youtube and internet culture changed in the last 14 years, man, back in the day everything was so fucking simple, or at least it seemed to be.
Truly was. You can upload a shitty quality video and people would still come in droves. Now everything has to be so high quality and high budget or else you would never "compete".

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Truly was. You can upload a shitty quality video and people would still come in droves. Now everything has to be so high quality and high budget or else you would never "compete".
I like to blame cringe culture for that, we were deceive by the big corpos into liking ultra high quality media right away that we forget the spirit of youtube was to be basically "the new tv for the people by the people" hell the old slogan used to be "broadcast yourself" people could do and upload anything they want and the community would have rejoiced by the fact someone is starting to share content in the community and helped to build it while making interesting topics to talk about, wasn't an attention fest or a drama machine, just good old "le funny content"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzLIUgnKY40

Virtual Cafe Awards
Yup ↑
Also, reminds me of cca 2016 christcuck twittooroos who got Vatican flag and cross on profile
Idk how much if them are truly Christian and how many are "(K-aren)ristians", do anyone know? If you are Christian, do you argue til death and don't accept POV of others?

Also yes, top nocth with that 2009 comparison
I remember mildly, how YT used to b full of beheadings videos and movie maker lyrics, cringe people singing or random stuff haul , setup filming
Miss those days / when drama was Bieber and Lovato and Gomez, not wars or prices ...
You had to have decency back then, not like nowadays when you need to be right...

/Noatagia

Virtual Cafe Awards

Venomnik0

Weary Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
What's that?

Don't they always say their religion is the correct one and that they will go up to heaven only during the rapture?
yes, but no
"dont be dick shinji" XD

Virtual Cafe Awards

divineandconquer

When the world crashes in, into my living room.
Reaction score
Awards
Deleting all of your YouTube videos is not a requirement to be Christian. It seems to me that the first YouTuber JiDion was a prankster, and he decided that removing his previous prank videos would be better than keeping them online where others could mimic and cause trouble. I think both of them wanted to purge their channel to remove temptation or their past "sinful" self, which is online for everyone to see. If the channel was still up, they may fall back into making more videos, which they believe is wrong or unhealthy. From what I've seen, this behavior is common to those who dedicate their life to Christianity, where they remove all worldly pleasures in their life.

I do think that Gexup (from what I gather he is a gaming YouTuber) could still make gaming videos and follow Christ, as long as gaming hobby is not excessive and gets in the way of God. I'm not a fan of prank videos, so I don't think JiDion should go back to making them while believing. His citing of Proverbs 26 seems to be reasonable.

I hope this answers your question.

Venomnik0

Weary Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Deleting all of your YouTube videos is not a requirement to be Christian. It seems to me that the first YouTuber JiDion was a prankster, and he decided that removing his previous prank videos would be better than keeping them online where others could mimic and cause trouble. I think both of them wanted to purge their channel to remove temptation or their past "sinful" self, which is online for everyone to see. If the channel was still up, they may fall back into making more videos, which they believe is wrong or unhealthy. From what I've seen, this behavior is common to those who dedicate their life to Christianity, where they remove all worldly pleasures in their life.

I do think that Gexup (from what I gather he is a gaming YouTuber) could still make gaming videos and follow Christ, as long as gaming hobby is not excessive and gets in the way of God. I'm not a fan of prank videos, so I don't think JiDion should go back to making them while believing. His citing of Proverbs 26 seems to be reasonable.

I hope this answers your question.
This absolutely does really. Really watching the video itself further it really does make sense in a way especially since he was partially responsible for the Jidion clones that pop up every now and again and that audience still got others (and archives definitely).

Gexup is entirely other thing though. His farewell video was less of a "farewell" and more of a fuck you. Maybe his gaming addiction was so bad that it did interfere with other things. Who knows really.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kyou

prodaucet by 戯画 2004
Reaction score
Awards
Deleting every trace of yourself online and changing your whole identity because of your own unbearable beliefs? What kind of doofus would do something like that? ahaha~
she is so me.jpg