silktrader
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About Agora Gang Tags

• i really should take my workouts more seriously and actually do stuff which will build muscle more often but sometimes i feel like just walking for 3 hours straight
    floozy
    floozy
    carry a bunch of heavy stuff with you while walking and you can build muscle too!
    赤い男
    赤い男
    walking is really great too, anyways make sure to consume enouugh protein for an optimal muscle build, because with only reaching muscle fatigue is enough to develop hypertrophia.

atm focus in beginner to intermediate exercises for 6 months, and if you reached a decent progress do whatever objective you want for your body, honestly rn i'm building but not doing bulk.
    big_ping07
    big_ping07
    do pilates!!!!!!!!
    programmers and programettes. thanks for the posts, appreciate the advice. w3schools is free so thats an automatic plus in my book. i have more questions. what do you think of other free sources of code-learning such as freecodecamp or the odin project? and after the obligatory html and css what do you believe to be the best language one can learn?
    programmers and programmetes. how would one go about self learning coding? im not aiming to be those types who go "WOWZERS BRO I GOT A 200K WFH JOB FROM NOTHING BUT THIS RANDOM BOOTCAMP ON THE INTERNET" i just want to learn the basics so i can know how to make personal sites and choose your own adventure games.
    sinaptica
    sinaptica
    Then, create a very basic "choose your own adventure" game with what you know at this point.
    Keep it trashy and ultra simple. This will be your first real, from the ground up project. Experiment. Investigate.
    Do not take it seriously.

Then for a more serious project, look for a suitable library to kickstart it, there's many.
    Investigate which one is covering your needs, and stick to it.
    Ensure it's at least mildly popular and it has good documentation. Also, some sort of community going so they can help you.

Vorple is specifically targeted to interactive fiction, Grue too.
    sinaptica
    sinaptica
    You could also choose a more general type of library to help you with things like input, sound, etc.. there's plenty.

Evaluate, choose and stick to one. Experiment. Play. Master it.

If you want to make a career as a software engineer, or understand how JS works, learn C first.
    If you just want to make games, read the book I suggest, it will teach you the basics of programming *and* the basics of JS.

At this point you should learn the basics of GIT.
    sinaptica
    sinaptica
    Do not spend too much time in places like codeacademy and the likes. Give it a go, by all means, but do not let the gamification trap you, It will make you think you are leaning a lot. Instead, dive directly into making things and solve the problems as they arise, this is how you learn.

Most important of all, manage expectations and frustration and never give up.

Should you need to ask technical questions online, do yourself a favor and start by reading this.

Good luck!
    voicebox status: screaming
    emotional status: crying
    bladder status: pissing
    butthole status: shitting
    testicle status: shooting ropes
    life status: living it
    Cookie GIF by Leon Denise
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…