Camcorder Found Footage Thread

Viennese Café Culture

Cosmopolitan Ingenue
Reaction score
Awards
Camcorders are the pinnacle of nostalgia. They capture footage and display it with a near-universal aesthetic of the recent past that evokes memories even if you're unfamiliar with the scene in the tape. It's all about the vibe the tech captures. This thread is for the posting of any old VHS, VHS-C, Video8, Hi8 etc. etc. footage that you stumble across on the interwebz. Also general camcorder discussion because they are wicked cool.

Here's an example.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards

Viennese Café Culture

Cosmopolitan Ingenue
Reaction score
Awards
Obviously we need to start off with a classic.

View: https://youtu.be/RYbe-35_BaA?feature=shared

In the words of Robin Sparkles, "Let's go to the mall today"

View: https://youtu.be/WdV3waKvDD0?feature=shared

These are really something special. Drop any more of this style that you have! While I like the archival stuff it can be a little voyeuristic and impersonal at times. I want the world I'm seeing to be explained to me by someone living in it.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Pepsi (Enjoyment)
Reactions: tcp

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
I really want to head out to some of the places near me and take some footage. All I need to do is find a decent camera setup for that sweet aesthetic.

...and to be brave enough to appear on film.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtMR524m0BM

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Viennese Café Culture

Cosmopolitan Ingenue
Reaction score
Awards
I really want to head out to some of the places near me and take some footage. All I need to do is find a decent camera setup for that sweet aesthetic.

...and to be brave enough to appear on film.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtMR524m0BM

If you need some guidance vis a vis camcorders I am happy to help. 12voltvids is also a good channel to tune into if you're looking to learn about the real guts of the tech. Wish it was viable to run a place that's some sort of hybrid camcorder repair workshop and coffee house, but I don't think the demand is there.

Also, this channel is a goldmine.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org

Oh to be a kid on an NYC sidewalk in the 90s.

I'm sure there are sidewalks you can be hanging out at now. I always enjoy seeing how excited people were to see video cameras back then. Nowadays everyone assumes the worst (and probably rightly so).

If you need some guidance vis a vis camcorders I am happy to help. 12voltvids is also a good channel to tune into if you're looking to learn about the real guts of the tech. Wish it was viable to run a place that's some sort of hybrid camcorder repair workshop and coffee house, but I don't think the demand is there.

Also, this channel is a goldmine.

Absolutely heart breaking.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Wish I knew about this thread earlier, I have a bunch of home movies and vacation tapes I've incidentally thrifted over the years. If I remember to digitize some I'll post here, there was a neat one I found where it's some bros chilling and playing Punch Out

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
Wish I knew about this thread earlier, I have a bunch of home movies and vacation tapes I've incidentally thrifted over the years. If I remember to digitize some I'll post here, there was a neat one I found where it's some bros chilling and playing Punch Out
You are now obligated to scan and upload this by next week. Thanks.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Viennese Café Culture

Cosmopolitan Ingenue
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deckade

aspiring bussin neo-hypefluencer
Reaction score
Awards
Lonely planet globe trekker, 90s travel vlogs that feel free, and are filled with hippies, the excitement of travel, cults, and weird, good natured interactions. Might not be strictly found footage but they're pretty free form

View: https://youtu.be/neo_H7gj3cM?si=SfXOsrL9TsPWiKWy
<-Indian one with cult hippies

The china one got taken down but i'll search my private trackers and upload it to yt :)

WKYK

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Reaction score
Awards
Website
wkyk.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards

Viennese Café Culture

Cosmopolitan Ingenue
Reaction score
Awards
Genius idea, I'm gonna start doing this whenever I have time to kill. Here's a short one I found already:

View: https://youtu.be/eiWim5UT8dU?si=jCia7gdHuci0D1A5

Ooh, didn't think to search DSC. Using this term I have come across some weird ones. There's this video which sometimes lists at either 1m50s long or 10h, is full of random audio glitches, and ends with buffering after 1m20s...

On the same channel there is this silly comedy sketch that I can't understand but I'm sure the vibes are good...

Virtual Cafe Awards

Viennese Café Culture

Cosmopolitan Ingenue
Reaction score
Awards
Popping in with some more videos I've found. The first is a clip from what I assume to be a wedding in Asia. Whole thing is uploaded in segments on the channel.

The second is this super degraded archive of drag racing. Channel isn't purely camcorder footage but has some interesting HD stuff on here.

Virtual Cafe Awards