Introduce yourself!

Oxide

Information Warfare Slave
Reaction score
Awards
Hello strangers and new acquaintances!

I am a sailorpilled information warfare slave and cyber angel with too little and too much free time. I grew up in the late 2000s using the warm eggshell desktops of my humble farm home. In 2018 I was exposed to vaporwave through citypop and Lain and it has been a prominent aesthetic to this day. My favorite subgenre of vaporwave is Webcore and I stumbled upon this website due to trying to find a guide to the combat of DisillusionST. I'm still trying to figure it out :^). In my free time I like to play video games, workout, shoot, listen to music, and look at flowers/birds. I hope that I can contribute a little to the liveliness of this site and become a friendly face to you all.

Ciao!
-Oxide

P.S. My profile picture is from the music artist Riki. She has a very unique sound. Check her out!

Esme_0071

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hello strangers and new acquaintances!

I am a sailorpilled information warfare slave and cyber angel with too little and too much free time. I grew up in the late 2000s using the warm eggshell desktops of my humble farm home. In 2018 I was exposed to vaporwave through citypop and Lain and it has been a prominent aesthetic to this day. My favorite subgenre of vaporwave is Webcore and I stumbled upon this website due to trying to find a guide to the combat of DisillusionST. I'm still trying to figure it out :^). In my free time I like to play video games, workout, shoot, listen to music, and look at flowers/birds. I hope that I can contribute a little to the liveliness of this site and become a friendly face to you all.

Ciao!
-Oxide

P.S. My profile picture is from the music artist Riki. She has a very unique sound. Check her out!
Welcome

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
I am a sailorpilled
Ye jus' won a powerful enemy, landlubber
1713488504631.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

7soumna

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey all. I've seen and heard of this place a few times (disillusion, webrings, some other forums n whatnot) and decided to finally check it out. Been lurking for a bit and this place seems nice ^^

I like spontaneously doing a bunch of random things, but I spend most of my time playing games, listening to music, programming, n browsing the web in search of interesting stuff. I play lots (I mean lots) of different games, but my favorites are usually unique indie games. Feel free to ask me for some game reccs. style is substance :D

There seems to be lots of cool people here n some discussions that interest me, so I'll try and get to know some of you. Have a good day/night

henki

B̴̪̹̠̼̻̭̊͑̍E̵̪̫̾̎ ̷̯̇N̵̡̢̳̯̟͌̂̋̄O̸̹̠͗̐́͆T̴̠̤͚̦̱͂ ̶
Reaction score
Awards
Website
savelife.in.ua
hi hello!
I'm henki or whatever, because I keep making up new nicknames for every forum/site I join.
now I'm trying to remember anything about myself to write it here.

How did you find out about this place?
It was a a disturbing dream.

I'm very normal about video games, especially Elder Scrolls series, certainly not obsessed for years and not going insane about Morrowind. occasionally, I still play Sims 2 or 3, because since 7 y.o. I'm into building stuff there.

I never have played D&D myself for many reasons, but I have homebrew cryptids and characters for my smol D&D-like setting. and also Mighty Nein! I'm still in the process of watching it, 20/141 episodes lol, but already insane.

I'm into webdev, but nothing serious, just for fun, experiments and sorting my information. I'm not comfortable to share my sites in public, but you can ask me to do it personally, if ya want. I'm paranoid about privacy, so please if you somehow know me from other platforms, then don't share it here. ㅇㅁㅇ

few things to know if you want to talk: I'm non-native english speaker, dyslexic and prefer kinda parasocial interactions (forum posts and replies, not personal messages). I mean, you may write me for any reason or question, but not for talk, please :D
russians (i don't care about ethnicity, it's a political nation and about living within imperialist society) and communists, just block me, and we're all be okay. it's not ironically triggering my war PTSD. I'm not planning any "arguing" or whatever, I just don't want to interact.

Last edited:

cone

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
hey whatsup i'm cone.

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

cool genre of music with very nice aesthetics

What subgenres are you most into?

barber beats, mallsoft

googling vaporwave forums

What do you do for fun?

math, programming

ccrabchan

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I have been using the net since 2006. It used to be a lot of fun and I explored a lot of places and learned a log of things. Ever since 2013 things started to get worse but I didn't pay attention to it. Nothing ever gotten better, everything just keeps getting worse. 9 out of 10 of the forums and sites I used to visit i the past are all dead. I have lost contacts to all of my friends. Now I'm alone with an old device. Lonely mind. Sad mind. A worn out body at most. I'm still in denial I keep living in the past. But nowadays more people using the internet but the number of active people feels like it's going down. I just want to be happy.

venr0s

professional vinesauce enjoyer
Reaction score
Awards
Website
kyurems-webroom.neocities.org
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?

What do you do for fun?
depends, really. i like a lot of things!

was browsing the leaky ring one night, saw a cool button that was on someone's site and now i'm here. funny how that works out.

What do you do for fun?
many things, mostly fandom related. the thing i'm most proud of, though, is my fanfic writing.

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
I have been using the net since 2006. It used to be a lot of fun and I explored a lot of places and learned a log of things. Ever since 2013 things started to get worse but I didn't pay attention to it. Nothing ever gotten better, everything just keeps getting worse. 9 out of 10 of the forums and sites I used to visit i the past are all dead. I have lost contacts to all of my friends. Now I'm alone with an old device. Lonely mind. Sad mind. A worn out body at most. I'm still in denial I keep living in the past. But nowadays more people using the internet but the number of active people feels like it's going down. I just want to be happy.
You can always can get new friends here, welcome to the road.

Virtual Cafe Awards

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
depends, really. i like a lot of things!

was browsing the leaky ring one night, saw a cool button that was on someone's site and now i'm here. funny how that works out.

What do you do for fun?
many things, mostly fandom related. the thing i'm most proud of, though, is my fanfic writing.
Welcome to the sandbox, i'm curious about those fanfics, are they on wattpad?

Virtual Cafe Awards

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Vector

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, all. I'm realizing I never actually came here to make a post when I first joined. Here's my take on these

I'm not a big sitcom guy, so I'm not really sure which to say. Maybe How I Met Your Mother? I can get down with an endless search for love. Maybe more Malcolm in the Middle or The Office because I like the idea that mundane life is kinda dumb.

No thought; head nostalgic. I like music that is light on lyrics and still makes me feel something. Vaporwave tends to do that a lot.

Mallsoft 100%, especially the tunes with background noise like people talking and shit.

From some article about the dead internet theory that linked a long post from this site about it. I wanted to use >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk less and force myself to read and talk more positively. This place is nice. There's some chuckleheads, but I don't really linger into threads that could devolve into chuckleheadery, so that's no issue.

What do you do for fun?
I'm a grad student, so weed and video games to distract me from a 30-pager that's been on my to-do for a while now lol

Last edited:

Mirchicom

Also goes by Aocoa
Reaction score
Awards
Website
mirchipub.neocities.org
Introducing Myself: here are some prompt responses:

I believe the most telling response I can give to this is that I cannot for the life of me think of a single sitcom I have watched, I know I've watched them, I can see flashes of them in my mind, but trying to name one specifically feels like trying to catch spilled grain from a river.

Like most people I'm assuming I got introduced to Vaporwave through "Macintosh Plus - Floral Shoppe リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー" back in 2011, the genre and aesthetic hit tiny middle school me like a freight train and permanently ruined my ability to look at palm trees without thinking about that album, not that I'm saying that's a bad thing it's probably one of my favorite visual aesthetics alongside of Frutiger Aero, the whole Windows 95-Xp look essentially, I grew up using decade old hardware as late as 2009 upgrading from windows 95 to XP in late 2006ish (Tiny little midget me was heartbroken when support for windows XP was ended, still ended up using the computer until 2016 though lol), because of this the whole vaporwave aesthetic is very much familiar to me (having grown up in south Florida helps in this regard)

Also it just sounds good as music :D

I like Retrowave mainly but I'm not too exploratory with my music so there is more than likely stuff I haven't discovered and would also like,
Open to suggestions essentially

I wanna say something niche and interesting but I found out about this place from the "This is the Most surreal RPG" video after playing disillusion

What do you do for fun?
Art mainly, a lot of pixel art, lately I've picked up 3d modeling, creative endeavors, big fun

This place looks lovely though and is a blessing for my niche interests to find and I look forward to being here :)