Recent content by nsequeira119

1. nsequeira119

What do you think would help break the violent crime wave across america?

I didn't know there was currently a crime wave, either in March of 2023 when this thread was started, or currently, about a year later. I guess it goes to show how comparatively peaceful my corner of the nation is. Anyway, the answer is the same as it's always been: the funding of...
  2. nsequeira119

I can prove im God to anyone with Adderal

It seems everyone is taking Adderall these days, although I can't say I've ever imbibed it. Must be interesting or something.
  3. nsequeira119

Why Sunset Shimmer is a Christ Figure.

I suppose you could have a point there. I don't watch My Little Pony or follow the teachings of the Christian faith, so I don't know which character is designed to represent what. It very well could be that she's meant to be Jesus- many fictional characters are subliminally intended to serve as...
  4. nsequeira119

Internet Archive Alternatives?

Might I recommend the Hypnagogic Archive? It literally attempts to archive every piece of information ever created Some would say it archives too much
  5. nsequeira119

Corruption In The Aesthetics Sphere

The more you post on this thread, the more I'm convinced that you're actually just very perverted
  6. nsequeira119

This is a pretty based take, I guess. It might seem that I'm giving too much credit to the Aesthetics Wiki- and I'm sure they don't have as much influence over aesthetics as they probably think they do. I do think that resources like the Consumer Aesthetics Research Institute are generally more...
  7. nsequeira119

I've already made 2 full Rollerwave albums. I wouldn't call them Vaporwave because they're not Vaporwave, the same way Synthwave isn't Vaporwave. I would never call Rollerwave Vaporwave, that would be stupid. Would you call a Synthwave album a Vaporwave album...? Would you call Heavy Metal...
  8. nsequeira119

That's why I said "for the most part." I use qualifiers when necessary. I would, however, place 1969 as the cutoff point of their prevalence. This is why I hope to shine a light on Rollerwave... because so much IS lost to time, clearly. Where is a music genre which slows and loops samples from...
  9. nsequeira119

As opposed to trends people don't make up...?
  10. nsequeira119

I have a strange sense of dread when I create data

This is an interesting viewpoint. I'm sure you're not the only one who feels like this- it would be sort of close-minded to view the creation of data only as a net positive, there are undoubtedly potential downsides to it. Different mediums, for instance, take up more data than others. Raw text...
  11. nsequeira119

Strange Faces

I've always been a big fan of the Wyoming Incident faces. Whoever made them clearly knew how to get into your head
  12. nsequeira119

Reject modernity, embrace the obsolete

It must be fun to view the Internet like that. Sometimes, on extremely rare occasions, some website like Twitter or Instagram will load up in very basic HTML in my browser, with none of the flashy bells and whistles, and they basically look like old 90s sites. I have no idea why they do this, or...
  13. nsequeira119

You have no idea what you're talking about, your perception of history is clearly distorted. Hippies didn't last until the late 1970s, they ceased to be for the most part around 1969, due to multiple factors including the Manson murders and the Altamont concert. What you're referring to- 1970s...
  14. nsequeira119

Cyberpunk...? They're not cyberpunk. Death Race 2000, to the best of my knowledge, had nothing to do with Wacky Races. It is, like Rollerball, a critique of mass media and televised sports. This was a common theme throughout the 1970s (the Super Bowl was a relatively new concept at the time, and...