Recent content by StoicCabal

1. StoicCabal

Just wait until you find out how many of those products are sold by sellers in China instead of...

Just wait until you find out how many of those products are sold by sellers in China instead of "actual" sellers
  2. StoicCabal

Why is Microsoft trying to shoehorn us into Windows 11?

You're probably thinking of Windows S, a short lived, cutdown version of Windows 10 that ran on select MS Surface tablets. You could basically only install software from the MS store, and they were heavily curated.
  3. StoicCabal

The Romantacization of Mental Illness and Victim Culture

Because they're kids most of the time, or people that failed to grow up in any meaningful way. (the funkopop collecting types that soy out over nintendo games)
  4. StoicCabal

You're absolutely right, I should've clarified that I was referring to companies that still host on-prem as opposed to Cloud. Corporate internal networks however, are still primarily on-prem, so my point somewhat stands as far as employee machines are concerned. Additionally, more startups are...
  5. StoicCabal

The Romantacization of Mental Illness and Victim Culture

I think a lot of it stems from our recent shift into a culture of mass pathology has led to tons of Munchausen cases where kids and the more lonely, to pathologize "quirky" personality traits and embrace/celebrate it in order to make themselves standout and be unique individuals. And our...
  6. StoicCabal

Just watch out if you've got an Nvidia card, drivers aren't open sauce, so you might run into issues with your own personal config that aren't easily fixed. Especially once you're diving into things like Wine/Proton for gaming.
  7. StoicCabal

Talk about your earliest Internet memories

My earliest memory with the internet has to be dialing up with AOL to register my copy of Lucasart's The Phantom Menace on my PC and hearing my mom talking thru the phone lmao
  8. StoicCabal

Do your research on the company, hiring managers love it when applicants ask genuine questions...

Do your research on the company, hiring managers love it when applicants ask genuine questions about the company.
  9. StoicCabal

Dead Malls

Necroing this thread, our local area is seeing the mall finally shutter after years of struggling. Some people have been visiting and taking walks thru one last time before it closes. It's always eerie to see malls so close to death that stores that have long since gone, still have their...
  10. StoicCabal

The current state of Agora Road

At least on a forum, the bad actors become pariahs in their respective communities. Whereas mass-media social sites like leddit or twatter, the bad actors just meld into the background noise. That's why I value communities like these, it's easier to self-police when conversations are confined...
  11. StoicCabal

The current state of Agora Road

I would like to think of Agora as a waystation that everyone stops by on their travels. Much like Love's is to truckers and crosscountry travelers in the US, Agora can be that place where we all gather and share what we found while exploring the wider internet.
  12. StoicCabal

My personal favorites to hate are the novels about contemporary political figures as if they're...

My personal favorites to hate are the novels about contemporary political figures as if they're all Kissinger-level political magnates, and not opportunists like the majority of them actually are. Ffs, there was a book about Secretary Yellen that called her a "trailblazer" lmao
  13. StoicCabal

Yeah, the light political books all seem to have the same running theme of "boomer makes...

Yeah, the light political books all seem to have the same running theme of "boomer makes surface-level observation based on a single day on Tiktok". It gets very old after about 15 of them.
  14. 1714939576590.jpeg

1714939576590.jpeg