Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe

赤い男
赤い男
I did, i always do, everyone i meet any person i always says "bro play persona 3 is the best in the series" its ending still makes me cry.

Also play nocturne too is kino game
lain is here
lain is here
赤い男
赤い男
Thanks brother, is my mission in this world to recommend people games i find really good lol.
shinobu
shinobu
Now it's time to play the real best game: Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei for the MSX
Thank me later
赤い男
赤い男
the snes port is better.
lain is here
lain is here
@shinobu Believe me, I'm planning to get to the Megami Tensei and Shin Megami Tensei games eventually. Being more of a VN-fag than a JRPG-fag though, the Persona games presented themselves as more approachable for me, which I think is how I found myself working backwards.
赤い男
赤い男
To be fair, you are right by starting playing persona 3, you see many people sees persona as just "megami tensei spin off" but in reality it's a completely separated franchise from SMT due to the fact it isn't a shin megami tensei at all (it was only called smt persona in the west as a marketing move) Persona is just Persona, so beginning with the game before getting into shin megami tensei is quite necessary in a way, because SMT are indeed kinda hardcore in some way, specially the original Megami Tensei, which nowadays i do not suggest people to play because is cancer (play the super famicom port instead the original Famicom, is horrible)
赤い男
赤い男
So my tip as an SMT Warlord is.

Finish persona 3 and 4 first (you can play 5 but i don't know if you will like it), then start playing smt, i highly suggest you to play either the first shin megami tensei for the super famicom, or go with Nocturne, Nocturne is the hardest of the franchise but at the same time is the best introduction to the series, after that, you can play any game you want, because every game is self concluding (except smt 1 and 2, you need to play 1 to understand 2)

Also, please when you can, play Soul Hackers, that was the best smt for the PS1 era
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers Review - IGN