Internet Archive Alternatives?

nobodyhere

I was thinking about how KiwiFarms has been excluded about IA, and it's made me rethink my opinion of IA. As long as IA has the ability to exclude certain URLs from their archives, no website is safe from utter erasure.

So... are there any no-holds-barred archive networks you're aware of?

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
I was thinking about how KiwiFarms has been excluded about IA, and it's made me rethink my opinion of IA. As long as IA has the ability to exclude certain URLs from their archives, no website is safe from utter erasure.

I think archive team has their own archive for some stuff - although you will probably need to download some torrent if you want to acess archived data.

What they archive is on a project-basis, so they don't have everything. For example, I believe they don't have any achives from Kiwifarms. I think they only archive stuff when it is endangered.

Shantotto

TTD Militia
Reaction score
Awards

the guys at the farms have been using https://archive.ph/ to archive keffals & friends tweets. don't know if its no-holds-barred but i think its worth mentioning

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
If you need something done right, do it yourself:
Also ditto on archive.today for webpage snapshots that you intend to share with others.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Alone

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
When are we going to archive all of agora?
I mean running HTTrack on this website is not the hardest thing to do. When I need to archive specific page, I just use a Firefox extension called SingleFile, it create a self-contained HTML of a given page (meaning images are directly encoded into the HTML file).

nsequeira119

DNW Expert
Reaction score
Awards
Website
tinyurl.com

Might I recommend the Hypnagogic Archive? It literally attempts to archive every piece of information ever created

Some would say it archives too much

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards

Why not do it yourself? It may take a bit of wrangling depending on a websites settings but if I see an aging website, something interesting, etc. I do a simple wget command to get it all, make all the links local if I ever want to mirror a site.

Virtual Cafe Awards