Captain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Awards About Agora Gang Tags

• Best thing you can do is virtu signal into the internet void while doing nothing to help anyone. At least you can think you've made a difference and make yourself feel good. Might as well have an Ukraine flag out front so you can say you're helping. Everyone wonders why things suck today....its because a lot of you think this hollow shit does something. Get out there and fix the problems instead of shouting at people on the internet about how moral you are.
    Had a Corolla rental. It felt like stepping in a car from 2002 in a good way. We need more of that vibe and less of the "I have a $60,000 car to be better than you". I haven't felt that at home in a car in a long time. Does anyone else miss the car brochures from the old days? "You could be these people in your new 2000 Cavalier!" lol
    StoicCabal
    StoicCabal
    Living in the Chicago burbs, I'm surrounded by people that drive "luxury" brands, which are really just imports from European brands (Mazda, Mercedes, etc.)

They usually are the worst drivers too lmao, worse than the plague of hybrids and teslas you find when you get closer to places like St. Charles or Northbrook.

I think even cars from the mid/late 10's weren't so bad since the digital displays they used were usually pretty simple. Now we gotta worry about if Ford is gonna brick your car with a software patch.
    Captain
    Captain
    The fact the Tesla has the #1 selling car in the world says a lot about the douchbagery that has swept the world. I miss the humbleness of the 90s and early 00s.
    Ashman
    Ashman
    What car can drive from point A to B. alright to repair (no DRM) and is quite cheap?
    IMG_6771.jpeg
    This guy is lucky he didn't kill anyone. He got in to drive away and realized he didn't tighten the ratchet straps. I'm pretty sure he was on the phone asking someone how to tighten them and how much to do it. What a beta!
    Screenshot 2024-04-13 225711.png
    For a bunch of people talking old web this old internet that.........you sure don't live the lifestyle. It's Saturday night at 11pm EST and there is nobody online in the chat. You have to do better. AOL would be ashamed of you.

Dial Up The Struggle GIF
    I don't think I've seen the word "aesthetic" used as much around here than in the last week.
    • Love
    Reactions: alk
    I was mostly a Mac person my entire life...when that actually meant something. Though in the last decade I have come to appreciate Windows as my favorite retro platform. The fact I can still run apps from 1995 on Windows 11 is something a Mac can only dream about. And before someone says Linux....I was a pRoFfEsSiOnAl UNIX admin (IRIX, Solaris, some AIX with Apple Network Servers) many years ago and have had my fill. Having a SGI Octane (IRIX) as a workstation in its relevant period tops any Linux vibe that can be had today (no matter how big of a hoodie you wear). There's just something about Windows 95-Vista that I didn't appreciate back then. And now for some reason it's like an alternate reality nostalgia for me. Strange.
    A new matrix movie....let me guess....Neo removes his genitalia and has various pronouns?
    I remember looking up at the stars much like tonight in 1999 checking the time on a Sprint PCS TouchPoint phone. I was thinking how big the world was and how I could never fully know it. I was thinking of the internet and how amazing it was that I could talk to someone anywhere at anytime. I could almost see cyberspace in the night sky. But even that did make the world seem smaller, it made it even bigger any more mysterious. I remember the feeling of anticipated adventure of life that lay ahead of me and the mystery of it all. The air was quite, but I could feel , almost like a 6th sense, the data overflowing out of the phone lines above my head. This is the feeling I chase but will never feel again. This is nostalgia. Unfortunately in our hyper connected social world, it will never feel big again. I will chase nostalgia until I can't any longer. The internet raceway of telephone lines above my head is quite and I can feel it's absence like a loud silence making my ears bleed. That world is gone.
    Why is this place the "I found Jesus" forum now??? It's really killing the vibe.
    Captain
    Captain
    Kind of like how the transgender mafia took over the Gay and Leabian world and turned it into a battle field. Gays and Lesbians no longer have their own movement and it's all about the mentality I'll now.
    no_chill
    no_chill
    Oh thats a good one! @Captain very rarely talked about but yeah. Theres also many "LGB drop the T" like movements. Let alone actual feminists that despise the fake men.
    Ross_Я
    Ross_Я
    Alright, and your implication is? Christianity will be divided even further or something?
    Sorry if I don't quite get it, I'm so far away from LGBT both geographically and... interests-wise, I have no idea what is their movement and mentality is about.,
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…