30-Day Playlist

GENOSAD

...or something equally edgy.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
genosadness.neocities.org
Way back in middle school, I found this thing called the "30 Day Music Challenge." Calling it a challenge of any kind is really a stretch, but this was back when the idea of doing things for a challenge was really starting to kick off (ALS ice bucket challenge, for example), so I guess the title was made just to get people to engage with it.
Anyways, it's a simple concept: Every day for a month, you listen to a song based off the prompts in the image below:
1710092780574.png

It's something that I didn't think I'd ever do again, but every March, life would repeatedly find a way to send this image back to me so that I'll do it again. Ever since, it's been something of an annual tradition for me.

You know what to do: List off your 30 songs, and either listen to one a day or just listen to them all in one sitting. Here are mine; note that I go off of artists instead of bands:
  1. Fire Lake - Dirge for the Planet | To be honest, I don't really have a favorite song at the moment, but I've been playing through the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series recently, and this song has been living in my head for the past month or so. It's a song of comfort, but a song of mourning. "Dancing on the ashes of the world, I behold the stars..."
  2. Chainsmokers - Selfie | Didn't realize it's not as bad as "Closer" or that one song they made about New York or some shit until after I posted this, but it's still just not good.
  3. 2 Mello - I Wanna Kno | I blasted this shit when I went to PR to see my family, and it's an all-around great song for warm weather. Funkadelic, upbeat, but not to the point of it being annoying. Never fails to get me moving.
  4. Dalton Bantz - As Seen on TV! | One of those love songs that makes me think I'll never find love
  5. Sunny Day Real Estate - Seven | My best friend since 4th grade showed this one to me, and whenever it comes on I like to imagine that it's this sick anime intro with me, him, and another mutual friend of ours. The 3 of us are on a hill with a tree, it's sunny outside but rain is falling down. We get wasted as fuck while shadow creatures try to kill us, and we kill 'em all in the midst of drunken rage.
  6. Droppin' Around in Green and Purple | Reminds me of the basement of my best friend's house, where we would watch YouTube Poops and South Park on his Xbox 360. That's where he showed be this mashup, and it went hard as fuck.
  7. Yumi Matsutoya - Haru Yo Koi | First time I drank sake. I hate how this makes me sound like a total weeb, but when I tasted it I saw into another fucking world, it was unreal.
  8. Captainsparkelz - Revenge | An all-time hood classic; shame that Usher had to rip it off and make money off of it. I did actually perform this at a karaoke bar for my uncle's birthday when we were all wasted.
  9. Hall & Oates - Out of Touch | "I Wanna Kno" could also take this spot, but I've known this song for a long time, so I have more of a history with this one. Absolute goove, Hall & Oates have a nice catalogue.
  10. Alicks x Selerac - Love Song | Anything by Alicks is enough to put me at ease, so this one just kinda came to mind when filling out this playlist.
  11. Scarza - Sub Solar | Personal reasons... I knew Scarza, but when he quit making music he deleted everything from the net... But he did give me a personal copy of his music archive, which I'm eternally grateful for.
  12. idk, something by Taylor Swift | Yeah, just never liked her stuff. Not exactly horrible, just super overrated.
  13. Zebrahead - His World
  14. Rupert Holmes - Escape
  15. Pola & Bryson - Way Back
  16. Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
  17. Pixies - Where is My Mind?
  18. anything by Death Grips, it'd be hilarious just to hear them on public radio
  19. Swami Sound - Refuse
  20. Perturbator - The New Black / Retrogenesis
  21. Bambara - Serafina
  22. Кино - Дерево
  23. Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
  24. Maxine Cyrin - Where is My Mind
  25. The Vestibules - I Don't Want to Go to Toronto
  26. nothing lol
  27. Bôa - Elephant (drums)
  28. Darondo - Didn't I
  29. Millo Torres y El Tercer Planeta - Oh Nana
  30. Перемотка - Здравствуй

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
I will use iteroni instead of youtube

1. Hayki - rainbow on the wall
2. Ezhel -Kuvet
3.Gorillaz - Feel good
4. Dream on
5. Chibi chibi chaba chaba(don't really knew the name)
6. Sokrat ST - Gregoryen
7. None comes to mind right now
8. Patron - Yagmasam da Gurluyorum
9. i can't dance at all
10. Hollownest OST
11. Flort - Rasta baba
12. Don't really have a band i hate.
13. Kasane Teto - Teto territory
14. that depends entirely on if they know my internet persona or IRL but Pouty face - pretty boy or Chernikovskaya Don't believe in tears
15. Genuinely no idea
16. Ezhel - Irezumi
17. Muslum Gurses -Colume Yagmur oldun
18. Sehinsah -Sayin turk
19. Saian - Battle Royalehttp://iteroni.com/watch?v=5Xls0FqDzBM
20. Gazapizm -Zani
21. Blur - Moroccan people revolutionary bowl club
22. Anil Piyanci Inan isterdim
23. I don't wanna get married soo never thought about that
24. Overkill - rotten to the core
25. Dual core 2 wycked
26. i can't
27. Contra - Efsane (i would like to play it with piano)
28. NIN thats what i get
29. Ceza - Yerli Plaka
30. it was the same song one year ago.

It is mostly turkish rap

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ross_Я

Slacker
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Fun. With more than 20000 tracks in my list, I've only heard three tracks from GENOSAD's list (9, 16, 17) and two from llillilll's list (3 and 29). By God, there are truly too much things in the world for one man...

And therefore, I wonder, if there's even a point of taking my time and writing my list? Like, asking GENOSAD here: what's the point? I'm looking at your list of songs, and most of them are totally foreign for me. I do not quite get the idea behind them, and therefore all I have is a list of senseless text. I definitely won't go listening to 27 songs I do not recognize. Maybe one or two, but not 27.

You've asked on your profile post: how about I start walking through it daily and explaining my choices? Well, I think it should've been done in this thread to start with. More nuanced reasons would've at least provided an interesting read. And one song I want to listen to from your list is Zebrahead's one, precisely because you've said why you've chosen it and provided some background.

I'm not taking a jab at you or anything, GENO, you are cool. But I'm definitely having troubles with "make-a-list" thread. Like, there's a thread around here named simply "Movies" and most people there simply listed their top five. I've bumped that thread and actually tried to talk about movies a bit... but everyone just jumped in with their own top 5. To the point that I've actually regretted bumping the thread.

If anything, I just wonder: do people really find making lists fun? For me making a 30-song list would require a rather massive amount of effort and a lot of time, which I would hate to spend in vain, knowing that people will just skip through the list without clicking even one from it and then forget all about it. Like, just number 1 - your favorite song - is nearly impossible choice for me. I'm definitely overthinking it, but out of so many songs that I genuinely like, it would be quite a hard time to pick just one favorite.

So instead of making my own list (so far, at least), I'll just point out that you have one cool radio if it plays Mississippi Queen often. And it's fun that Feel Good Inc. makes llillilll happy - the song has such a miserable motive (and video clip), that I never really saw it as a "feel good" song.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

GENOSAD

...or something equally edgy.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
genosadness.neocities.org
Not sure how the Hell I missed @Ross_Я post, but...

And therefore, I wonder, if there's even a point of taking my time and writing my list?
Simple: It's fun. When we do something that seems to have no ultimate value or goal, it's just because we want to or we find it to be interesting for some reason. That's not to say that you should find it fun or be shamed for not doing so; just that "fun" can be a valid point to doing things.

Well, I think it should've been done in this thread to start with. More nuanced reasons would've at least provided an interesting read.
Yeah, as I said in today's post, I originally did it in case anyone else would be interested and would want to make their own list, but at this point it seems a bit pointless. Maybe I'll do one for tomorrow and ask people if I really should keep going with it. I mean, I get enjoyment out of it, but I also don't want to keep doing it if it's just going to take up space or come off as reaction-farming.

just number 1 - your favorite song - is nearly impossible choice for me.
Fun fact: It's nearly impossible to me, too. If I'm absolutely pressed in making a decision (like I was for this), I just choose whatever song I've been listening to and enjoying the most as of recently. As I said with "Dirge for the Planet," it's just been living in my head because I've been playing through the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and because I'm working on a story that takes place in the post-apocalypse. I'm probably going to be sick of hearing it by the end of this month and I might even forget about by next year (as I have with every "favorite song from this time last year" song). But, as of right now, it's a song that I like and have been listening to more frequently than others, so it fits the bill in a functional sense.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ross_Я

Slacker
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Simple: It's fun.
I guess I have a different idea of fun after all... Besides, I feel like I would put up too much heart and soul in a post like this... Feels a bit too personal with questions like "a song that reminds you of someone".
Yeah, I'm still contemplating if I should go for it.

Virtual Cafe Awards