How transhuman are you willing to go?

How transhuman are you willing to go?

• Total voters

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Considering there seems to be an implicit consensus among posters here that the world is headed into the transhuman age, I'm curious as to how far people here will go if the tech allows it. Why did you choose the option you picked?

Personally I would only use external body modifications since they don't mess with the human body unless I lost a limb and had to replace it with a robotic one. All other options seem too unnatural for me to be comfortable with. As soon as the distinction between human and tool fades I get wary.

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I'd take robotic limbs if I needed them but I'm not letting Zuckerberg fuck around with my consciousness.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I do not want to upload my brain into VR, but i really like the idea of implants to become better, faster, stronger, replacing my organs and the flesh of my limbs, by the machine, i want also an external device to improve even more those capacities, idk, perhaps an exosqueleton, or a power armor, i really like the idea of becoming a cyborg tbh.

Perhaps when i reach a really old age (70+) i should upload my brain into a fully robotic body, like in metal gear to prolong my existence a little bit, i don't want to become information on a VR world tbh, let's enjoy the last days of the flesh a little bit. :melhpy:

Virtual Cafe Awards

cynthiune

DM me cool y2k / tiled desktop wallpapers
Reaction score
Awards
Nope nope. Not for me. I'm gonna remain as I am for as long as I can. By the time i'm like 85, or whenever I feel like I'm ready to die, I'll leave my cabin and upload my brain to a cybernetic body and live out the rest of my days simply observing where we go as a species. I hate where we're going but at the same time I'm so absolutely curious what happens in the far future and I'd like to see it, even if I hate it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

DeathToMicroWaves

Are you being held hostage by a spider?
Reaction score
Awards
It depends on how far you want to go because I would happily become a enhanced human things like taller, stronger, bigger dick etc. but when you start to put robots or a.i in your body that is were I draw the line of what is acceptable.

Virtual Cafe Awards

spaceghost

foreign ramen exchange student
Reaction score
Awards
i went for internal and external body augmentations because who wouldnt want better vision and to be much stronger/faster/more of an elite specimen in general/master chief. i also voted for frequent use of augmented reality under the assumption that i can control everything that is being displayed and how/when, and that i can read people's vitals visually:pepeDS: and i dont want my AR powered by googlecostanzayeahrightsmirk

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I'd be willing to go a long way- I have no illusions about the arbitrary line between natural and unnatural, and I don't think the human form is somehow special.
However, I would only do so on my own terms. I won't let anyone else mess with my brain or perception, and I won't change anything without full control of the consequences.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Hraelth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I hate the Archons.

Virtual Cafe Awards