IRL Sidequests

big_ping07

I ♡ Broth
Reaction score
Awards
On my morning mainquest, titled "Morning Matcha," I noticed a neighborhood dog barking in the background. After a minute of pondering, I realized that this dog is ALWAYS barking when I'm starting my day. It's a super faint bark, but the immediate neighbors have got to be sick of this. And then appeared a sidequest, titled "Find Fido." This quest promised 25 EXP in exchange for finding the location of this barking dog. I thought this was too little EXP to divert my attention from my mainquest. Regardless, I accepted this quest on the terms that the dog must still be barking after completing my mainquest. I then ventured off into the dungeon, acquired the matcha latte with ease and swagger, and safely made it back to my domain. +420 EXP! haha yeaaa fugg yeah. The dog was still barking. So I followed the sound. Turns out Fido lives across the courtyard. +25 EXP! fugg yeah. gonna lvl up soon.

Have you picked up any IRL sidequests? What did they entail? How much EXP did you get?

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
wasnt there a thread, Living life like videogame, Gamification of Life - or so?

Virtual Cafe Awards

big_ping07

I ♡ Broth
Reaction score
Awards
wasnt there a thread, Living life like videogame, Gamification of Life - or so?
idk my man, you're expert when it comes to thread finding!
but i want this to be sidequest specific.

embarking on a journey (going out for cigarettes)
10 EXP per cig, 15 EXP per menthol. 20 EXP per joint. 30 EXP per blunt. thoughts?

Virtual Cafe Awards

big_ping07

I ♡ Broth
Reaction score
Awards
Can we make shit up for random shit we do or do you decide.

About a week ago, i saw a old man struggling to carry a bag of groceries and i carried his groceries to his home.
great clarification! you decide how much EXP.
there are a lot of factors that i don't know. for this quest, EXP is dependent on the distance traveled, weight of the groceries, etc. if i took on that quest, i would've gotten upwards of 1000 EXP me thinks.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
great clarification! you decide how much EXP.
there are a lot of factors that i don't know since it's dependent on the distance traveled, weight of the groceries, etc. if i took on that quest, i would've gotten upwards of 1000 EXP me thinks.
I give myself 200 XP because it wasn't THAT heavy of a grocery and we didn't walk that long, just about 200 meters or so.

Virtual Cafe Awards

happyhappy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
pure-awfulness.neocities.org
I live in a village (neighborhood) with a bunch of village elders (old people) so whenever I frolic (go on walks) they approach me asking me to complete quests (give me miscellaneous jobs). For example, tomorrow I must visit the wise enchantress (old lady who lives down the street) and help reclaim her land (front yard) from overgrown corruption (trim the grass with a weed whacker).

Amadis

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Been putting all my exp from sidequests towards CON (gaining weight) and after taking this set of sidequest a new skilltree has opened up for me from the Morbid Beast house of knowledge. (the doctors are concerned). The only problem is in my grind I've neglected this game's economy and cant afford the class specific gear. Have any of you guys gone through the side hustle questline or maybe put some points into Steal? Im just concerned about locking myself out of future quests at this point and ending the game low level.

big_ping07

I ♡ Broth
Reaction score
Awards
on today's morning mainquest (making breakfast), i noticed the bananas are overripe. i used one to eat w/ my pancakes. but idk what to do with the other..... until "banana bread" sidequest appeared. easy points. it's currently in the oven. i was promised 50 EXP, but i think i'll get more because i added walnuts and streusel on top =w=

Virtual Cafe Awards

pupok

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
[Paperwork]
Go to the Serious Business Office
Exchange your old Document (old) for the new Document (new)
(Optional) Stop by the Supermerchant for supplies
(Optional) Return to your Dwelling
+1200 EXP
Got Document (new)
Got Energy potion x4
Got Juice
Lost Document (old)

Lost 25 G

[Botanical unrest]
Obtain the Gardening tools
☐ Trim the Disorderly foliage (28/50)

Virtual Cafe Awards
I used to regularly get asked for directions every time I went for a walk. You got +230 XP each time even if you failed the wisdom check to give correct directions, so it was an easy way to farm. Nowadays everyone carries an item that makes the quest optional, and the meager +5 XP for getting a car to stop to let you cross the road isn't enough.

• Coffee (Like)
Reactions: 56k