Laptop stickers

Markovian Parallax

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
There was a time when I was a bit obsessed with stickers :LumPog: But I'm thinking about removing it now. Doesn't look as good on silver as on black.
IMG_20231221_192625_9.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Max Chill

Involuntary Hikikomori
Reaction score
Awards
Honestly, the <= T420 rule only applies if you are THAT paranoid for the ME chip system and or the classic keyboard, which is very important for a lot of people but for many more it isn't. Anything T440 and upwards can manage modern software quite decently for cheap if you buy refurbished with Windows 10 pre-installed, even with low specs like 8 gigs of RAM.
My only issue at this point is can I swap out its keyboard for the X220 one?

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
I might be the only person alive who thinks stickers on laptops are stupid. I didn't really think so before, I even thought it was a neat idea, but seeing them every day on campus has made me think otherwise.
What I think is chiefly bad is they encourage people to judge you based on them. I see a person with a bunch of anime stickers, I immediately form an opinion on them. I know it's not right but I do, and I know everyone does the same thing, after all the person with these stickers is essentially making sure you know they like this character and that brand before you can even know their name.
On the flip side, it is also a little part of this whole culture of people identifying themselves with the media they 'consume'.
Not to mention, they look terrible. I don't know what people are on, but spewing a bunch of stickers on your laptop looks ugly as hell. Except for andreixyz, I'm no fan but I can see he is thoughtful of his composition. But generally, people put no such thought into it. Also putting stickers with fat white outlines on black laptops is awful.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I might be the only person alive who thinks stickers on laptops are stupid. I didn't really think so before, I even thought it was a neat idea, but seeing them every day on campus has made me think otherwise.
What I think is chiefly bad is they encourage people to judge you based on them. I see a person with a bunch of anime stickers, I immediately form an opinion on them. I know it's not right but I do, and I know everyone does the same thing, after all the person with these stickers is essentially making sure you know they like this character and that brand before you can even know their name.
On the flip side, it is also a little part of this whole culture of people identifying themselves with the media they 'consume'.
Not to mention, they look terrible. I don't know what people are on, but spewing a bunch of stickers on your laptop looks ugly as hell. Except for andreixyz, I'm no fan but I can see he is thoughtful of his composition. But generally, people put no such thought into it. Also putting stickers with fat white outlines on black laptops is awful.
asdf.png

Except for andreixyz,
There is a sticker of a character/brand/whatever you like on his laptop, isn't it?

Virtual Cafe Awards

andreixyz

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
andrei.xyz
Initially, it was a sticker resembling a space invader on the macbook light logo, which with the help of the translucent black plastic cover I had, made the space invader glow, similar to the picture.

d1d2531c30f78042b3c99f1c1eede42f.png

Unfortunately, the plastic cover broke and a buddy peeled off my sticker while drunk.

So i started again with the AS sticker, which is the logo of one of my favourite bands, Alternosfera, and then started to fan out gradually, as I received them (most of them were gifts from friends or from friends' bands).

I know it looks chaotic, but it's a laptop that's 11 years old, so I don't care about the looks of it anyway. On the same note, I do have an identical backup laptop (also 11 years old, I just use them for browsing) and it looks like this:

IMG_8750.jpg

Currently, my main laptop is an M2 Max macbook which has no stickers (at least for now)

View attachment 70424
Check what i got. I have one more TP i should repair and when i do i will actually stickerbomb it like i did my computer case. That one will be more onpage with this thread.
Finally someone accomplished what they said they wanted in a thread!!
Thinkpad T420
I'm so glad to own that. Peak keyboard all around. As much as I want stickers. I don't really want to ruin the overall aesthetic or rather stand out too much

Virtual Cafe Awards