The Load-Bearing Relationship

microbyte

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
microbyte.neocities.org
I found this article recently (more accurately it was in my feed, as I think the publisher writes some good stuff, such as this):
https://www.palladiummag.com/2023/12/15/the-load-bearing-relationship/
It's TL;DR is that the amount of romantic relationships are going down because of the whole "set strict boundaries" thing, and to hate "entitlement" and "I never signed up for this" sort of hate for your fellow people.
I think it puts it a lot of things I've both seen discussed here, and a lot of stuff I have personally been thinking about lately into more concrete words. And it can be expanded to saying that a lot of the current problems and divides and "SJW" stuff is all a sort of result of people believing more in the "contractual relationship", and that you can't just get along with someone if you didn't already sign up for it. Essentially, people don't like each other (but not necessarily dislike) because of shared stuff (such as being family), and believe that neither party in that relationship can expect something from the other, due to it not being a relationship by choice[1]. And people loosing that bond with everyone leads to splintering and division in a society, which is what we're seeing now.

[1] "I didn't ask to be born", >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
I found this article recently (more accurately it was in my feed, as I think the publisher writes some good stuff, such as this):
https://www.palladiummag.com/2023/12/15/the-load-bearing-relationship/
It's TL;DR is that the amount of romantic relationships are going down because of the whole "set strict boundaries" thing, and to hate "entitlement" and "I never signed up for this" sort of hate for your fellow people.
I think it puts it a lot of things I've both seen discussed here, and a lot of stuff I have personally been thinking about lately into more concrete words. And it can be expanded to saying that a lot of the current problems and divides and "SJW" stuff is all a sort of result of people believing more in the "contractual relationship", and that you can't just get along with someone if you didn't already sign up for it. Essentially, people don't like each other (but not necessarily dislike) because of shared stuff (such as being family), and believe that neither party in that relationship can expect something from the other, due to it not being a relationship by choice[1]. And people loosing that bond with everyone leads to splintering and division in a society, which is what we're seeing now.

[1] "I didn't ask to be born", >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk
In my opinion, I believe a lot of it is down to feminism. It's undeniable that feminism as a movement has affected both men *and* women. First Wave Feminism was focused primarily around granting the same legal rights for women in things such as voting etc. I personally agree with the motive of first wave Feminism. Now second wave feminism coincided with the sexual liberation movement. This has encouraged more promiscuity, has encouraged abortion(among other subtle preachers of antinatalism). This has also denigrated the feminine mindset and denigrated the masculine mindset. The women at this point wanted to be equal not only in legal terms, but also in sexual and financial terms.

Now you have third wave feminism. This is promiscuity and sexual liberation cranked up to 11 with open marriages, poly relationships, lots of cheating etc. A lot of these women from the damage already caused by 2nd wave feminism grow up in broken households. As a basic example, the percentage of kids in single-parent households in Western countries is over 20%, I believe in America this is 25% so many kids grow up in single-parent households or are weaponised against the other. You now have a reversal of the legal element, as women are given much more legal pass and preference in the western judicial system which is supposed to be an icon for "justice is blind and fair". Does this western ideal match reality? Not really.

So that's sexual liberation tackled. Lets now discuss hypergamy. So it's no surprise women tend to marry and date upwards in social class. This means the top 20% of men. However overrepresentation of the top 1% of men in social media has corrupted the perception of top men- AND, equality in job opportunities and wages has also meant women seek a man who can provide more than they can financially- while at the same time using this same basis to complain about oppression or inequality. This is the death spiral of endless hypergamy mixed with endless equalising.

You then also have the SOYence of freezing eggs. This is seen and advertised as a guarantee of children in your 40s or 50s. This is an unbelievable bastardisation of having kids... as so many women will unfreeze their eggs in 1 or 2 decades from now and find a disastrous reality as their biological function is denied from them. They have had their femininity robbed, their youthful virginity robbed, and their childrearing ability robbed. This latter point is why Men tend to date women in the 20s(even between age gaps of 30 year old and 20 year old).

Now you'll notice here also that women have become more disagreeable as they push their advantage further and further- more aggressive. More... Masculine. And likewise, Men as they have folded over backwards, have become more permissive, more feminine. So you have a role reversal of the genders- with each trying to accomplish what the other is better at... no wonder so many men have poor testosterone and so many go LGBTQ.

This 3rd wave feminism has also given rise to women feeling entitled to the best, feeling they are oppressed and demanding equality in wages, pushing their legal rights further and further and against equality, demonising Men which contributes to the hyperstition of Men demonising women as well.

An interesting point arises thus, that a lot of these points are levied against the *western* men and women and their culture. If you look at marriages in the Philippines as an example they are for more stable, with far more children growing up in stable families with good traditional and strong Christian values. And as a result some men are well aware of the issues above with western women and look to women in those other countries. Unfortunately interracial marriages tend to collapse a lot quicker- but most of the studies on these are interracial between two people of the western culture... so I wouldn't blame a western white woman for divorcing a western black man in their "hood" culture.

Unfortunately there's no statistics or papers on the stability of relationships in "mail order brides" or in those of "passport bros and sisters"- but I would suspect both know what they're getting into, and that the cultural and language differences are lesser than the gender and cultural differences within the West. Granted, there's the point of "financial abuse" regarding visas, but typically with the west's very generous and very foreigner-leaning legal systems. I mean look at Ireland's recent riots for goodness gracious! A guy who violated visa laws and leached on welfare causing crime! And the media thus labelling the Irish who rioted on this point as "far-right" for wanting stability on their streets!

Overall this topic is extremely complex and dives into race, culture, demographics, business, biology and religion. I personally believe those who support the evils of 3rd wave feminism are themselves, antinatalists and preachers of death. I also believe those who support the blatant lies of egg-freezers as preachers of death. I also believe the damage is not going to be possible to reverse for the next 2 generations of children due to the issues of single-parent households, and these sort of issues being inherited by children onto their children as their parent role models teach them poorly.

The race, foreign culture, demographics and religion points are more nuanced and may or may not have as much of an impact... but I still believe that a country having a poor visa policy, harms foreign culture and demographics. The reason so illegal immigrants are criminals is because just by working they are criminal- so something should be done about this(not to the point it drops standard salaries for that country though), otherwise they might as well pollute with more minors like drug trade and whatnot. On the point of Religion, I believe, the UK at least... is a pagan-christian nation, with the paganism more deeply rooted in the language, expressions, actions and behaviours of the natives, and the Christianity being attached after(much like how the Norse Eddas were introduced with a point by its Christian writer that they are heretical to believe beyond mythology and storytelling). The corrosion of Christianity as a "joke"(not helped by Protestants and Catholics making more of a joke of their traditions supporting LGBTQ in their own churches) has also corroded monogamy which has supported polygamy which has all of its issues associated with it.

This video talks culturally about how polygamy sows the seeds for warfare and violence- and how it's part of why Africa is such a shithole as described in the Empire of Dust documentary.

This is a whole-ass essay I could write as a blog, but the short of it is I personally condemn 2nd and 3rd wave feminism as direct causes, and that the other points are more nuanced causes.

This degradation is so manufactured that it's all so tiresome...

Virtual Cafe Awards
similar thread i think?
(meaning, "on" quick fads, this feelz, smell of fakeness and forced thing)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chomsky Honk

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've noticed this sentiment when I've read or watched commentary on films like "500 Days of Summer" and "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". For some reason people interpert these film as anti-romantic, saying things like "both Scott and Ramona are terrible people", "Tom is selfish". And it's funny, because in both of these stories characters overcome all the prejudices and find the true love.
And how a lot of people hate "boomer" music like The Beatles, because of the love songs and their unrealistic expectations on relationship.
It is just that romantic love and it's thrill and passion is one of many things that we are getting robbed by our conformal and materialistic culture. It seems that the things that in the past was treated as nobel and spiritual are just the matter of psychiatry nowdays.

Yes stole m
I've noticed this sentiment when I've read or watched commentary on films like "500 Days of Summer" and "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". For some reason people interpert these film as anti-romantic, saying things like "both Scott and Ramona are terrible people", "Tom is selfish". And it's funny, because in both of these stories characters overcome all the prejudices and find the true love.
And how a lot of people hate "boomer" music like The Beatles, because of the love songs and their unrealistic expectations on relationship.
It is just that romantic love and it's thrill and passion is one of many things that we are getting robbed by our conformal and materialistic culture. It seems that the things that in the past was treated as nobel and spiritual are just the matter of psychiatry nowdays.
yes you stole my words
Its as if tried to excuse art or existence by these science bs
How can we tell speak preach science when
Nature dont need that ´ it just is
If universe works in our meagible sorts of POV
it is then extra stupid or evil or either have bo emotions
We have all ´ but there is nothing to prove here
We sex and we have urges etc but it is who we are ´ it was there first
No reason no excuse
If man teied to do man as universé god dis it´ we wont be movin anywheré esp in this hypermoralist´ cult elitist´ stupid philosophical ´´all has meaning´´ new reality
Feels fake and psyop imho...

Virtual Cafe Awards