Agora Road Travelogue (April '24)

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Welcome to the 9th mensual Agora Road Travelogue!
Initially inspired by the Bring Back Blogging movement, this is an Agora Road version to encourage y'all to WRITE STUFF!
  1. Commit to writing 2 blog posts in this month of April.
  2. Indicate, in some way, that you are participating in the Travelogue on the blog post you are submitting.
  3. Upon publishing your post, you must comment in this thread your 1) Article's title 2) Link to article.
  4. Consider joining ZinRicky's RSS feed like a baws
Q: What if I don't have a website to publish on?
A: Feel free to submit blog posts here on the forum. But its BIGLY encouraged to make one! It's not too hard to start, don't let perfect get in the way of good, let your crude initial aesthetic be, let your content shine. The Personal Web thread may be able to point you in the right direction.

Q: Am I limited to 2 posts?
A: No, but you will need to submit at least 2 otherwise you're a poser and will be publicly shamed

Q: Any restrictions on content?
A: Other than the content being one's own, no, but please do not abuse this.

Thank you to all who participate, write away!

Previous Threads: August '23 | September '23 | October '23 | November '23 | December '23 | January '24 | February '24 | March '24

Prior Participants: @Voicedrew | @Some_porcupine | @RisingThumb | @andreixyz | @shrapnelnet | @HammerKoopa | @whiteVHS | @imacop | @grap | @Jade | @no_chill | @microbyte | @agoratoad | @nakadashi | @ZinRicky | @niuenso | @Devastatia | @Noxy | @Alixie

Helpful Articles: reasons to write and publish | How I approach crafting a blog post | Blog about what you want | Some blogging myths

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Reasons to Blog

#1 IndieWeb Carnival (Deadline: May 1st)

None other than @RisingThumb is the host for the month: April 2024 - "Good Enough" ~ the Drop in Quality's Siren call . Follow the theme, get it to risingthumb@risingthumb.xyz, and he'll include it at the end of the month in the roundup post.

#2 Y2K Quarterly - Issue #2 (Deadline: May 1st)
This independent literary magazine is looking for submissions that are set, reflect upon, or remind of the early 2000's (1997-2007). They accept all types of fiction, poetry, non-fiction, essay, art, etc. as long as it is 1999 words or less. Multiple submissions allowed! Consider reading Issue #1 for inspiration.

#3 Tales of Agora Road - Ezine #4 (Unknown)
Click on the link for the thread details, but basically @IlluminatiPirate collects submissions from travelers about: Nostalgia, Internet Oddities, Album Reviews, Aesthetic Galleries, Opinion and Short Stories! Consider participating!

#4 muse ariadne (Weekly Writing Prompts)
"i'll post a new prompt for members to write anything they'd like in response to and post on their personal websites. if you can't make it to every week, that's totally alright-- this is low pressure. we encourage regular participation, but the joy of this club is to inspire creativity and a reasonable amount of accountability"

#5 Lainchan Web Festival (PENDING)
The Lainchan Webring [#1 & #2] has officially started their own blog festival! The second iteration is currently awaiting a host.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
maybe this is shit, but let me see (now when i reread this how i write it up from paper - it is kinda Machiavellian, even if i am not sure, never read anything from him, only know the broad sense of the(m) noun...)

1/4/24, 0/45 Agora travelogue, April I.

=Internet: Between Owning and Renting=
Or, "Packet(Light)switching and Clickbait"/life for rent

you make web. do you own it? do you rent it? what are the Terms? and isnt this similar to real life? ah yes. dont let me (get) started on "Overlords (Neofeudals)", buying out physical media... "renting is the king!" as if they said... (bleh, vile!)(a)

it is, internet. and real life too. you own, or rent, or both. (/a >) it starts with homes and ends with (TV) Cable, phone "Stuff"; ends with internet and wifi box - router... you rent then - your "Place/Platz" on the IP map, among other/-s things. IPv4 or v6, you are "in"; your "Block", (even with) number too...

Terms apply. but what can be done, if there are, rather bad "Easter eggs" (when we have Easter now, in Western Church...)? as i said; those Overlords from earlier - how we "let that slide" - the Cabalists (TINC) to get (so) normalized - as the rent (physical; home), hypo or PPC, P2W are too?!

is this what we wanted; or there really wasnt any Other option that to [agree] on Reaganite Neoliberalism - so (in past) wanted - and so exploitable (that was the plan?)?!

"Too many cooks...", differences, soc. values and types... man to man wolf? / but is there other way?! ah, those darn (Frutiger) Aero promises! (i'd hate those too, if they were ever *realized*, i am sure...) / for there are always ulterior motives, e.g.

- promises are only good if you dont know the reason why they are (not) even *realized*... (b)

(/b) "we got you what you wanted, it would be now nice if you [paid back; for "progress"; this luxury..."]...

therefore: "suck *the means* up, the [future once promised] finally arrived/came (to be)!" (/b; /a)

ref.:
View: https://twitter.com/MKatorin/status/1678641211362488322
View: https://x.com/MKatorin/status/1678642611911897088?s=20
View: https://x.com/Mean_n_Pervy/status/1678704948689682432?s=20

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

niuenso

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
niuenso.com
Unsurprisingly will do my part to post at least twice this month. Not going to be hard.
The first one is already up on the site:

- Pay per scroll

The second one will more likely than not go up today.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
5/4/24, 1/33 - agoraroad travelogue - april II.

=LOST; IN THE DREAMS OF "NPC-LESSNESS"=

What did you want to be as kid?
I wanted to be(...) astronaut, artist (Warhola, Rothko), scientist, archaeologist... Until the time I forgot about it, stopped to care, or when I ended Elementary (sch.) - (...) and someone, iirc my memory right, asked maybe, "And now (after,) what?" And I kinda listened to that.
I was kinda "gifted", but really what you imagine, the genius kid... (/*)
Random facts memory, great (over-)imagination, pop-sci Space (universe) buff, interested (to my later ircks with it) in everything...
But teacher, now i recall, said and I realize it now, trully, the "C-graders employ A-graders; and if you will be even the one-in-milion, then...[don't be dick?]..." (And the rest is - I forgot, but I can, and maybe you so, deduce the subtext, context...)
I was up in my imaginations about those (and other) new science discoveries... That got old and aged like milk, nowadays... e.g. space elevator, aerogel, nanotubes from carbon, flu virus can potentially cure cancer if [journbros eye-boggeling yap]... - did, had you too, imagined [the future as] Meet the Robinsons? That, and Robots too, ruined whole generation of kids, - already "living there" - in their heads...
I never cared. Was "sponge", but never paid real attention to subtext... One day, I stopped to care totally, became lazy (also depressed - puberty, now I realize; and world too, "has to die every minute"...) and classmate, who was bad-mid on english vocab, jumped me over (on it). Teacher was dissapointed and worried, - but I was never taught how to learn! (*)
That is The great tragedy... Life can pass you by, and if you will always stay where you are, things get over...
As a kid, I was frequently sick, and missed my "initiation" to "class society". Also, I was scared - of everything. Never tried anything - and if, then it was out of spite - and that rarely ended any good...
Ah, do you see as I whine here? I am kinda sure I wrote something similar before anyways.
But why I say you all this?! I was, my theme - on about, "lies we no longer believe!" The classics, "Study hard and then... (you'd get a good job or idk.)"
I think we lost hope, future no longer happens, 2025 is at the door, yet, we live in contemporary 2010s, 200Xs, where as if 90s, Y2K's hope...
It was as with me and that classmate who won over (me-) "sponge" with willpower. He drilled (crammed) it, and next day cared no more... And this, to today, ruins my life - however I say to myself how I can have (only) temporal , or any, at all (fear...) - goals; I care when I dont have to, and wont if my life would depend on it - it is cursed! (To "Burn Care"?)
I gave up, see no end - so; does you?
/ Postmodernism "narrators" (media) want (force-)tell us "we make things up, in our heads; also, nothing is real and all is (then) fake" - but what it says and means!? Do we give-in, accept ":_whatever," reality (...) where we suport bilionaires "just for" workplaces, resources and opinions-mnaking (nanny corpo-state?) !? - What to do?!? Is this the capitalism end-goal - Neofeudalism, ROIs, XaaSes!? Nothing "next"?!
All I see is subtle subtext "creativity is scary (-non-profitable)" - "we need obedient ants!" ("so over" | technocrats from 1920s...)

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org

Voicedrew

Take the monarchy pill anon
Bronze