Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org

View: https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1483431175041347584?s=20

What the fuck?

I didn't even know this was in the cards for them to do.

This is seriously becoming concerning from an industry consolidation standpoint, and a concerning number of people don't seem to care.

As long as they can continue to rent more games (not own) through a subscription service (GamePass) they'll be complacent.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Is it deja vu or hasn't it been known that they have been bought out for awhile?

Virtual Cafe Awards

ThyOde17

Tree Spiking Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
I remember reading something about this being a plan due to a variety different factors including Microsoft's own interest to make VR-related content. Not surprised in the slightest.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
Is it deja vu or hasn't it been known that they have been bought out for awhile?
You might be thinking about the Bethesda acquisition which happened last year. As far as I know, this is breaking news.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
I remember reading something about this being a plan due to a variety different factors including Microsoft's own interest to make VR-related content. Not surprised in the slightest.
It also helps that Act/Blizz's reputation has gone down the drain recently.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Microsoft owns Candy Crush, now what I'm suppose to play :(

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Coming online after working until right now, seeing this is INSANE. Wtf. With this, Microsoft is unquestionably the King of the West in gaming now.

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
> Activision Blizzard
> West
We China now
lol I mean having access to specifically Call of Duty.

RE: On consolidation. I think that because of the structure of the game industry, where a large portion of players use consoles that are gatekept by M$ and Sony anyway, people don't really care that publishers + developers are being collected. In this very specific case, doesn't apply to Bethesda, I don't see Activision Blizzard getting any worse.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Microsoft-acquired studios tend to have a poor track record after being bought out. Seeing this though, I wonder, is it because the studios Microsoft tends to purchase were already on a downward slope regardless, or it is truly a direct results of changes after being acquired by Microsoft?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Microsoft buys up an already collapsing studio that bought up an already collapsing studio that was formed from an already collapsing studio. Why does Microsoft do this? As a show of primal, unadulterated power over the try-hard beta orbiter companies that Microsoft deems worthy of giving the spotlight to for a few years before they inevitably collapse under the weight of raw power being in an alpha company position forces on you, before Microsoft consumes the torn-asunder flesh of the barely breathing company to gain what little power it has left. Born of the Gates, they'll return to the Bill.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
They do it to own the IP, they can use the talent they want to keep, maybe shuffle them around, then gradually disolve and/or sell off parts of the buisiness they don't want.

Owning Call of Duty alone makes it worth while for them.

Virtual Cafe Awards