Console and game emulator thread.

This thread for console and the game emulators and the discussion about it. Share your thoughts and ideas.Are you using emulators? What's your favourite? Are you prefer more the Pc or the phone types?

Attachments

• emulators.png
    emulators.png
    497.4 KB · Views: 6
Virtual Cafe Awards
I usually preferring emulators on android more, because the portability and it have a wide variety console emulator too.

After the death of psp and the mismanagement of the vita I really craving for a handheld console with a good modding background. The switch or the steam deck isn't the same for me. (I say this as an owner of a switch)

I uploaded my emu collection if you interested.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-30-23-37-19-257_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-30-23-37-19-257_com.mi.android.globallauncher.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 4
Virtual Cafe Awards

. . . ...

Dārio Valyrio Valyriat
Reaction score
Awards
This thread for console and the game emulators and the discussion about it. Share your thoughts and ideas.Are you using emulators? What's your favourite? Are you prefer more the Pc or the phone types?
I'm planning on learning how to make emulators soon honestly, but I've only seen my friends use emulators on their phones to play playstation games and stuff. I haven't actually used an emulator specifically made for playing games though

I'm planning on learning how to make emulators soon honestly, but I've only seen my friends use emulators on their phones to play playstation games and stuff. I haven't actually used an emulator specifically made for playing games though
It can be pretty good. If you have a favourite, retro game then give it a spin. You wouldn't regret it. Even you can see them in a new perspective with the enhanced graphic settings or mod the with HD textures. You can try monster hunter 3 psp and the HD texture pack. You wouldn't believe how much improve the game,with stuff like this.

Btw which console emulator want to make?

Attachments

• 1706027861918229.png
    1706027861918229.png
    449.5 KB · Views: 4
Virtual Cafe Awards

vulonkaaz

Pure Love
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vulonkaaz.zip
i mostly play my emulated games on an Anbernic rg353m or on my Ayn Odin Pro

i don't really play that often so sometimes i kind of wonder why i bought those to begin with

my favourite game is The Sims Bustin' Out on game boi advance, I don't know any game that is comfier than this one

Virtual Cafe Awards
i mostly play my emulated games on an Anbernic rg353m or on my Ayn Odin Pro

i don't really play that often so sometimes i kind of wonder why i bought those to begin with

my favourite game is The Sims Bustin' Out on game boi advance, I don't know any game that is comfier than this one
I bought a few year ago a Retroid Pocket 3+ it's worth it but after I bought my Poco F5 phone I mostly play with my phone and using less and less with the Retroid.

I don't know what the future will bring but this technological advance the phones getting stronger and stronger every year. So if this gonna continue the console games gonna get some serious rival.

Btw if you like the strategy game on gameboy try the advance wars. It's pretty neat or the DS (Days of Ruin) version if you like some a bit more dark themed game. Or the Metal Max 3 or 2 reloaded those game pretty comfy too and with some soul.

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Virtual Cafe Awards

vulonkaaz

Pure Love
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vulonkaaz.zip
I don't know what the future will bring but this technological advance the phones getting stronger and stronger every year. So if this gonna continue the console games gonna get some serious rival.
i've been waiting for android gaming to become a thing for years now, I have basically no hope now that it will ever be good, best we'll have is unofficial PC ports made by some random dudes and emulators (and fortnite, which is unironically good, wouldn't dare play that game with touch control tho)
I bought a few year ago a Retroid Pocket 3+ it's worth it but after I bought my Poco F5 phone I mostly play with my phone and using less and less with the Retroid.
what's so good about this phone that you'd rather play on that thing with touchscreen instead of using a device with actual buttons and joysticks ?
Btw if you like the strategy game on gameboy try the advance wars. It's pretty neat or the DS (Days of Ruin) version if you like some a bit more dark themed game. Or the Metal Max 3 or 2 reloaded those game pretty comfy too and with some soul.
i basically never played a strategy game but i guess i'll write down the name of those games if i ever feel like playing them

Virtual Cafe Awards
i've been waiting for android gaming to become a thing for years now, I have basically no hope now that it will ever be good, best we'll have is unofficial PC ports made by some random dudes and emulators (and fortnite, which is unironically good, wouldn't dare play that game with touch control tho)

what's so good about this phone that you'd rather play on that thing with touchscreen instead of using a device with actual buttons and joysticks ?

i basically never played a strategy game but i guess i'll write down the name of those games if i ever feel like playing them
My phone performance are leagues better than the Retroid. With my phone I can emulate a bunch of specs heavy game and can emulate witch, ps 2, Dreamcast and a lot of hardware sensitive emulators plus I can max out all the settings with my phone. With the Retroid it's impossible.

Attachments

• 3908_28.jpg
    3908_28.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Virtual Cafe Awards

. . . ...

Dārio Valyrio Valyriat
Reaction score
Awards
It can be pretty good. If you have a favourite, retro game then give it a spin. You wouldn't regret it. Even you can see them in a new perspective with the enhanced graphic settings or mod the with HD textures. You can try monster hunter 3 psp and the HD texture pack. You wouldn't believe how much improve the game,with stuff like this.

Btw which console emulator want to make?
I'm probably want to get experience building some first, before choosing specifics. I'm probably going to follow the tutorials I found on the web link in my previous comment, then I'll expand to others. I don't know specific retro games (Apart from tetris). The first gaming thing I had what the 3Ds, so maybe I could try that, or psvita. I'll probably look for some other interesting retro games. Do you have any recommendations, I could also try ?

I'm probably want to get experience building some first, before choosing specifics. I'm probably going to follow the tutorials I found on the web link in my previous comment, then I'll expand to others. I don't know specific retro games (Apart from tetris). The first gaming thing I had what the 3Ds, so maybe I could try that, or psvita. I'll probably look for some other interesting retro games. Do you have any recommendations, I could also try ?
What I can recommend:
Parasite eve 1 and 2 for PS1 and parasite eve 3 for psp (it's called "third birthday" localisation.....)

Dino crisis 1 and 2 for ps 1

Mizzurna Falls for ps 1 , pretty comfy game .

Bulk slash for sega saturn. It's pretty aesthetic and fun, the English fan patch hit the nail hard and good .

Shenmue and Jet Set Radio for the Dreamcast.

Tactics ogre for a psp. The switch version is a bit easier so it's good to start there. The psp version are unforgiving and sadistic but really addictive.
Or Riviera: The Promised Land ,pretty good strategy,RPG for the psp.

For PS2 I can recommend Wild Arms 5 or Ring of red.

I can write days for games but easier if you go to Cdromance website and check the console rom catalogue.

With the internet no one can bored anymore.

Attachments

• 1699181964126773.png
    1699181964126773.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 6
Virtual Cafe Awards