June 2022 Music Artists Thread

Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
Hey everyone, here's the June 2022 artist's/producer's thread for this month where you can post what you've been working on and give feedback on other people's work. Just post your current projects! Have Fun!

:agnoedge: Producers of any experience level are welcome to post their tracks here.

:agnudgbl:If you post a track, it's highly recommended that you take the time to comment on someone (anyone) else's track in the thread. We want this community to thrive.

:agnoedge: Praise and/or constructive criticism are what we're aiming for. We have no tolerance for toxicity or unwarranted negativity aimed at members.

Today, netlabel moon musiq released Small Sounds for Small Bugs, a compilation of 30-second tracks themed around insects. This 15-minute album brings together the sounds of 30 different artists who are largely of the experimental / electronic / dark ambient / industrial noise persuasions. It's guaranteed to be a good time:

Like all moon musiq releases, this is to raise awareness around the problem of human trafficking. To help this directly, the Bandcamp release is pay-what-you-want with 100% of the proceeds going directly to Girls Educational & Mentoring Services (GEMS), the USA's leading organization for empowering commercially sexually exploited and domestically trafficked girls and young women. Find out more about their mission at https://gems-girls.org/. If you can't or don't want to contribute to GEMS directly, that's fine too. Even listening to or sharing the album can go a long way towards raising awareness for their cause.

Add it to your Bandcamp collection by visiting this link and using one of the codes below:
https://moonmusiq.bandcamp.com/yum
Code:
lakk-eqle
c6yk-u853
en2t-jn7s
bdmt-keql
dh8y-67ge
sen3-kvfu
prdm-6k5q
kf9j-ernz
k527-3sv6
z6va-clty
zzb8-xerf
ztv3-ebcm

Virtual Cafe Awards

PreGFCBrah

sickkunt
Reaction score
Awards
Website
soundcloud.com
Hey everyone, here's the June 2022 artist's/producer's thread for this month where you can post what you've been working on and give feedback on other people's work. Just post your current projects! Have Fun!

:agnoedge: Producers of any experience level are welcome to post their tracks here.

:agnudgbl:If you post a track, it's highly recommended that you take the time to comment on someone (anyone) else's track in the thread. We want this community to thrive.

:agnoedge: Praise and/or constructive criticism are what we're aiming for. We have no tolerance for toxicity or unwarranted negativity aimed at members.

Today, netlabel moon musiq released Small Sounds for Small Bugs, a compilation of 30-second tracks themed around insects. This 15-minute album brings together the sounds of 30 different artists who are largely of the experimental / electronic / dark ambient / industrial noise persuasions. It's guaranteed to be a good time:

Like all moon musiq releases, this is to raise awareness around the problem of human trafficking. To help this directly, the Bandcamp release is pay-what-you-want with 100% of the proceeds going directly to Girls Educational & Mentoring Services (GEMS), the USA's leading organization for empowering commercially sexually exploited and domestically trafficked girls and young women. Find out more about their mission at https://gems-girls.org/. If you can't or don't want to contribute to GEMS directly, that's fine too. Even listening to or sharing the album can go a long way towards raising awareness for their cause.

Add it to your Bandcamp collection by visiting this link and using one of the codes below:
https://moonmusiq.bandcamp.com/yum
Code:
lakk-eqle
c6yk-u853
en2t-jn7s
bdmt-keql
dh8y-67ge
sen3-kvfu
prdm-6k5q
kf9j-ernz
k527-3sv6
z6va-clty
zzb8-xerf
ztv3-ebcm

Some interesting sound design here! From granular sampling to modular synthesis, I feel right at home :NekoNatsukiHappy:

Right now I'm currently working on a lead overdub edit of Outer Mind's recently released hardstyle track "Musical Riot" (For those that aren't familiar with Outer Mind, he creates tracks that capture the 2006 to 2012 golden years of hardstyle). I decided to layer my lead on top because I felt that the original lead in the song (see below) was missing something, something that would immerse the listener fully into the melody, putting the listener into a state of trance/euphoria as the cathartic nature of the melodies and leads did during the golden years.

Unfortunately, it has been quite a pain to mix in my lead in since my lead is quite wide and phat, meaning gradual side eq changes have to be made if I want to retain the lead's intensity and emotion, while allowing the kick (along with it's characteristic tong harmonics) to punch through. I believe I'm around 75% of the way there to find this balance, but my ears need to take a break for now Update: Writing this post and reading through this thread got me motivated to mix the lead in all the way. Links updated below. Now all I need to do is record a melody to fill in the interlude section between the overdubbed parts in the original song. :pepeDS:

Here's a preview of the two main parts that I've recorded my lead over:

and here's the original song (my overdubs start at 1:45 and 4:11 if you want to hear the difference):

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

PreGFCBrah

sickkunt
Reaction score
Awards
Website
soundcloud.com
Virtual Cafe Awards

PreGFCBrah

sickkunt
Reaction score
Awards
Website
soundcloud.com
I recently created a new musical project under the pseudonym of rémineur, here is the second album of this project which has clear retrowave influences :

I really enjoyed listening to this album! There are lot of great ideas and the sound is perfect to unwind to or to accompany you on long drives. You're going to be huge once your mixing is more refined :NekoNatsukiHappy:

Virtual Cafe Awards