Unpopular Opinions

Max Chill

Involuntary Hikikomori
Reaction score
Awards
Most of the "enlightening"/"eye opener"/"truth pilled"/philosophical stuff you watch and consume online ain't pilling you for balls. All these things provide are insights, and as far as I've seen and personally experienced as a modern man, insight does jackshit until you apply it away from your keyboard, outside your home, and into your community/society.

Insight is a prompt, a subconscious initiative, a newly born idea, and this is prone to be forgotten in less than 10 minutes if you immerse yourself in this "insight" and crave to watch more about it without application.

Dare I say, the greatest philosophical problem that we face today is insight. Because insight is the most dangerous "feel good" drug/opium to convince yourself that you've "uplifted" your morality, character, wisdom, or whateverthefuck, in which case subconsciously paralyzes you to act it out. To feed on the emotions you feel from hearing, watching, or reading something enlightening, is very potent but rapidly consumed fuel; raw essence, unrefined and untempered.

This is the reason I don't preach my philosophical or life framework, but happily oblige to share it if I am asked. I am far from preaching it for I've yet to consistently live out my beliefs in order to be an example and somehow warrant me preaching so. I openly admit that I mostly get stuck on insight, but I also vouch for the fact that a single day of striving to apply these insights you've attained, no matter the progress as long as your heart is in the right place, will yield tremendous gratification in the long run.

I've yet to go further on this long run, here's to my march ahead, and to you all :doodleDavid::MedTime:

1638452705400.gif

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
I actually think pop music is good after all why would it be popular if it weren't good.

A technocracy would be absolute mayhem.

Being schizo is ok and is actually the default setting from not drinking all the shit the government puts into drinking water. How come nobody questions what's in there but happily chugs?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3981

I think we should eliminate all members the human race that understand ai science to spare aliens the misery of living under an ai machine dystopia
I like how you skipped human misery and jumped straight to the aliens

proto

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I actually think pop music is good after all why would it be popular if it weren't good.

A technocracy would be absolute mayhem.

Being schizo is ok and is actually the default setting from not drinking all the shit the government puts into drinking water. How come nobody questions what's in there but happily chugs?
All the pop songs are written by a clique of less than 10 guys, and all the music labels intentionally push for generic bland music because there is nothing that could offend anyone, meaning there will be no profit losses.

Also, are you deaf, or just have such shit music taste that you find pop appealing.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I think every country should require military service at the age of 18, with a 6 month window for voluntary enlistment. Service would require a documented 2,800 hours of manual labour during the 2 years after official enlistment, elsewise a mandatory time and a half of hours left would be required to be completed before discharge. Of the manual labour expended, at least 1/3 of that time must be used for improving or building national infrastructure.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I think every country should require military service at the age of 18, with a 6 month window for voluntary enlistment. Service would require a documented 2,800 hours of manual labour during the 2 years after official enlistment, elsewise a mandatory time and a half of hours left would be required to be completed before discharge.
You forgot the why.

Virtual Cafe Awards