What gets you motivated to go to the gym?

Mk_Ultra_Victim

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've been thinking about this lately because I go to the gym consistently but sometimes I don't feel like going so I have things that help keep me motivated to go to the gym. I tried to find a thread like that on here but couldn't really find much so I just decided to create my own. So basically what keeps you guys motivated to go to the gym? There's a couple thing that keep me motivated to go to the gym but I'll just list a few for the sake of not keeping this too long. One thing that keeps me motivated to go to the gym is this one elder scrolls online trailer clip of the knight beating the crap out of the three people with Separate Ways playing in the background. That gets me going and always helps me go to the gym. Another thing is definitely just the folder I have in my head that helps gets me upset enough to go to the gym and it helps but its debatable whether that is healthy. Another thing that keeps me motivated is just my mom. I love my mom and she deserves to have a strong son. I always see stories about people being unable to help their parents when they get older and I want to be strong enough to lift my parents in case they need something or open something up. I also want to be able to protect my parents should anything happen to them. For my final thing I'll mention, I have a folder of stuff on my phone that keeps me motivated and one is a passage from Mika Ma's Harassment Architecture. It goes like "Either you stop eating, or you stay fat. I am the aesthete and the ethicist. I am the alpha and the omega. I am war and peace. I am ying and yang. I am calling girls fat on the internet.". I don't know why but that shit just cracks me up everytime and helps me get my ass in the gym. I am curious to see what keeps you guys motivated
Also if you don't know about that video I am talking about, I'll link it here:
View: https://youtu.be/T5KBMhw87n8?si=B60cCtNOT_cFFx7Z

He loses in the end of the video but I can never find the full length one so I just choose to believe he wins. You can't prove me otherwise

Virtual Cafe Awards

Caspar

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've been thinking about this lately because I go to the gym consistently but sometimes I don't feel like going so I have things that help keep me motivated to go to the gym. I tried to find a thread like that on here but couldn't really find much so I just decided to create my own. So basically what keeps you guys motivated to go to the gym?
Honestly? A personal trainer. I've had friends who I'd go with (which got me in the door to begin with), but if you're making recurring payments to somebody, you're damn sure I'm not going to let that money go to waste. I'd love it if I had this magic force called 'motivation' that I can just summon from the ether to get myself to do things, but it's not consistent. So when I want something to be a certain way, I make it an obligation that it hurts not to fulfill. Not the most elegant solution, but it works for me. I work out more than my paid-for training sessions, but if I didn't have those, I wouldn't work out consistently enough to make any real progress.

Edit disclaimer: from what I know, lots of people pay for a trainer and still don't make good on it. I'm very anal about being fiscally prudent, so this functions very well as my motivation. It may not work for you. Salt to taste.

Imo your options are to either find something at the gym you enjoy challenging yourself at, or to bring in another person. I only went to a proper gym once, and it was 'cause a friend took me. It was fun and a lot more intense than my usual solo workouts (hiking, or swimming laps at the pool). If you go alone and hate going, you won't get much benefit because you'll be halfassing it the moment you get tired.

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
I've been thinking about this lately because I go to the gym consistently but sometimes I don't feel like going so I have things that help keep me motivated to go to the gym. I tried to find a thread like that on here but couldn't really find much so I just decided to create my own. So basically what keeps you guys motivated to go to the gym? There's a couple thing that keep me motivated to go to the gym but I'll just list a few for the sake of not keeping this too long. One thing that keeps me motivated to go to the gym is this one elder scrolls online trailer clip of the knight beating the crap out of the three people with Separate Ways playing in the background. That gets me going and always helps me go to the gym. Another thing is definitely just the folder I have in my head that helps gets me upset enough to go to the gym and it helps but its debatable whether that is healthy. Another thing that keeps me motivated is just my mom. I love my mom and she deserves to have a strong son. I always see stories about people being unable to help their parents when they get older and I want to be strong enough to lift my parents in case they need something or open something up. I also want to be able to protect my parents should anything happen to them. For my final thing I'll mention, I have a folder of stuff on my phone that keeps me motivated and one is a passage from Mika Ma's Harassment Architecture. It goes like "Either you stop eating, or you stay fat. I am the aesthete and the ethicist. I am the alpha and the omega. I am war and peace. I am ying and yang. I am calling girls fat on the internet.". I don't know why but that shit just cracks me up everytime and helps me get my ass in the gym. I am curious to see what keeps you guys motivated
Also if you don't know about that video I am talking about, I'll link it here:
View: https://youtu.be/T5KBMhw87n8?si=B60cCtNOT_cFFx7Z

He loses in the end of the video but I can never find the full length one so I just choose to believe he wins. You can't prove me otherwise

omg finally someone made this thread

TBH, i have many reasons but mostly is because i'm fucking disasociated and my goal is to fucking look like my kin characters (i have as a reference johnny cage and solid snake), tho mostly dante, like fr dawg, is not that hard, just be in a deficit do a shitton of cardio and do a shitton of excersises in the machines, and has helped me quite a lot, everyday i wake up more and more confident and i want to keep on going no matter what, everyday i feel stronger and faster and my appareance also improve which also results in a huge ego boost, which motivates me to go harder in the gym, is like a motivational cycle.

I also like to mentalize myself as when "the process is over you are gonna be a killer" in a metaphorical and literal sense, i will be extremely hot, and also i'm 6'3 and i'm also in boxing classes, if i manage to pull this up and get extremely fit i could kill anyone with my bare hands, not that i will do it, but that thrill is just straight up exciting, in fact, at the moment i want to be in the gym rn but i need to take a nap and wait for my food to digest so i can do my max effort.

I'm insane and i don't care it makes me feel so alive.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNZOe9YBUdU

Virtual Cafe Awards

Thereal

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm gonna be real, I've been heavily leaning on weed to get me going to the gym. I can hype up and push myself more when I'm high. I plan on quitting it eventually, but its so much harder to motivate myself when I'm sober. Its a crutch and I don't recommend it, but its what I do.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mk_Ultra_Victim

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
omg finally someone made this thread

TBH, i have many reasons but mostly is because i'm fucking disasociated and my goal is to fucking look like my kin characters (i have as a reference johnny cage and solid snake), tho mostly dante, like fr dawg, is not that hard, just be in a deficit do a shitton of cardio and do a shitton of excersises in the machines, and has helped me quite a lot, everyday i wake up more and more confident and i want to keep on going no matter what, everyday i feel stronger and faster and my appareance also improve which also results in a huge ego boost, which motivates me to go harder in the gym, is like a motivational cycle.

I also like to mentalize myself as when "the process is over you are gonna be a killer" in a metaphorical and literal sense, i will be extremely hot, and also i'm 6'3 and i'm also in boxing classes, if i manage to pull this up and get extremely fit i could kill anyone with my bare hands, not that i will do it, but that thrill is just straight up exciting, in fact, at the moment i want to be in the gym rn but i need to take a nap and wait for my food to digest so i can do my max effort.

I'm insane and i don't care it makes me feel so alive.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNZOe9YBUdU

I'm with you on the solid snake part. Metal gear solid is one of my favorite series of all times and solid snake is literally me. I've been thinking about taking fighting classes so I'll definitely look into them. I'm definitely not 6,3 being 5,10 myself but I still want to be able to defend myself and crush someone's face like a can if it comes to it

Virtual Cafe Awards

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
I'm with you on the solid snake part. Metal gear solid is one of my favorite series of all times and solid snake is literally me. I've been thinking about taking fighting classes so I'll definitely look into them. I'm definitely not 6,3 being 5,10 myself but I still want to be able to defend myself and crush someone's face like a can if it comes to it
hey you are still taller than the average, you can still beat someone to a pulp, if you are facing m ore than one person, brass knuckles are always your best friend, and the strenght you gain in the gym will ensure you to always come out on top, trust me, not even i will mess with someone like that :gigachad:

Good to see we kinda share same philosophy, it always motivates me quite a lot to keep on going, today i even noticed an streetch mark in my right bicep, meaning i'm fucking making progress lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

jaedaen

Stay a while, and listen.
Reaction score
Awards
I don't go to the gym, I just resolve to do 30 minutes of DDR every day. I used to do it in my early 20s out of a pure love of music games, but I'm old, and DDR is too. I've been counting calories again recently. It's really the only way it's feasible for me to lose weight; it has to be an accountability thing. It's a fairly intense workout at the levels I play at. I remember reading an article a while back where the researchers gave it an average of about 8 calories a minute at the higher levels. With a 30 minute workout, this entitles me to an extra snack or two throughout the day, perfect for my gluttonous ass.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mk_Ultra_Victim

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
hey you are still taller than the average, you can still beat someone to a pulp, if you are facing m ore than one person, brass knuckles are always your best friend, and the strenght you gain in the gym will ensure you to always come out on top, trust me, not even i will mess with someone like that :gigachad:

Good to see we kinda share same philosophy, it always motivates me quite a lot to keep on going, today i even noticed an streetch mark in my right bicep, meaning i'm fucking making progress lol
Went to the gym today and I continued my three day streak of breaking PRs and it feels so good. I feel like I am making a lot of progress and its very nice. Also I went with my buddy and he motivates me because of how insanely strong he is. For tricep pull downs, he starts with the entire stack for reps being 72 pounds and maxed out at that plus a 45 plate. It was insane and he motivates me a lot. Bros very kinda and strong. Also yeah I am definitely gonna take boxing classes. Do you recommend any form of fighting or just regular boxing?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mk_Ultra_Victim

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I go because I refuse to be worse than the people who bullied me in high school. It's petty, I know, but knowing I'm stronger than them and they can't even go up the stairs without getting winded feels great.

Also just looking better and being healthy.
Nah bro that's some giga chad shit for real. Keep going king I'll be rooting for you

Attachments

• IMG_7249.jpeg
    IMG_7249.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 32
Virtual Cafe Awards