Introduce yourself!

V3RC3TTI

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Excuse me, sir. Are you me?
I think I just might be, haha. Any particular kind of commercials you like to watch? Like, from a certain decade or something like that?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Obake

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I think I just might be, haha. Any particular kind of commercials you like to watch? Like, from a certain decade or something like that?
I like watching commercials for old video games. Sometimes I get really lucky and find old news broadcasts about them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

V3RC3TTI

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
I'm not a big fan of sitcoms, but i really love malcolm in the middle and seinfield.

What does Vaporwave mean to you?
A chill music genre and aesthetic that makes me feel kinda nostalgic and chill at the same time

What subgenres are you most into?
I really love mallsoft and signalwave (i don't know if future funk counts tbh)

How did you find out about this place?
>redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

What do you do for fun?
Videogames, graphic design, i listen to music, watch anime, go for a walk, enjoy sunsets with music, in general, easygoing stuff.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostRafs

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?

I'm not a big fan of sitcoms, but i think it would be the american version of The Office, it looks kinda boring on teh surface, the first season is cringy, but when you get to know it better, it's a pretty good sitcom

What does vaporwave feel to you?

well, growing up in a small city in Brazil during the 2000s, i never had much of a connection with vaporwave as you know it, but i have a really special relationship with old school internet. And this small little forum reminds me of the times where i would be listening to Tim Maia, eating a cheese sandwich, and lurking threads at late night when i was 10 years old

a >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk ad

I really like future funk, and any experimental stuff like Jack Stauber and Deathgrips

What do you do for fun?

I play, and compose music, never really complex, just some acoustic guitar stuff, and usually i try to mix it with eletronic sounds (like the Into The Breach OST, but of course i don't have this level of talent), play videogames, usually complex ones like Dwarf Fotress, Aurora 4X, and anything that makes me spend more time researching and thinking about the game, than actually playing it, and i also make 3D animations on blender.

I hope we have fun and this community grows, peace!

Virtual Cafe Awards

cozylummox

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
mmmm... tbh can't rly relate to sitcoms. Childhood would def be derry girls, tho... if their dad had a bunch of macs.
--idk-- can't wait to find out.
are.na while looking up different microstyles. Wait, are microstyles the same thing as subgenres? if so, I really can't pick one, but lately I've been feeling v. festival marketplace, but generally preschool pop is fave too.
What do you do for fun?
the most fun is traveling.

Virtual Cafe Awards

andromedene

whipstitch
Reaction score
Awards

When I was younger I would watch Ghost Whisperer and Wipeout every week and literally nothing else, so I suppose it has to be some awful algamation of the two. Just out of loyalty.

It's kinda like being hit by a smell that throws you so hard into the past you cry just from being overwhelmed, but for all my other senses instead. It's like a nosebleed but good.

I'm too fresh into the community side of things!In the past I've consumed, but haven'tengaged enough to know all the lingo. I'l get back to you in a week.

bchmmmmm

What do you do for fun?

I write! A lot. Started out as lots of TTRPGs with friends, but now it's mostly freeform RP and personal writing. I also collect tarot cards, mod old toys into new sculptures, skate, and do art.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NimbusNursery

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

it's honestly been years since I've seen a sitcom, and the ones I saw as a kid I couldn't really relate to.

What does vaporwave mean to you?

I love the sense of nostalgia it gives me, it also relaxes me and calms me down, which is good since I get stressed a lot nowadays. Plus, the music is really good.

So far I've really been liking mallsoft! I'm still a bit new though so I might find more that I like

How did you find this place?

From an ad on 4chan, I was browsing /x/

What do you do for fun?

I've recently gotten into painting! I also sometimes play video games, but I haven't had as much time to nowadays. This is oddly specific, but I have a weird interest in watching the old TV sign offs from the 70s and 80s, like the soviet TV sign off.

Virtual Cafe Awards

AnotherBubblebath

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
anotherbubblebath.carrd.co

Vaporwave feels like a community that piqued my interest not just musically but history-wise. Vaporwave has always been that rabbit hole I keep on jumping into, finding random information on different artists or releases. I think that was the reason why I keep on putting releases and information into vaporwave.wiki

Signalwave and Mallsoft; Vaportrap has always been a genre that interested me, and I want to get into it more.

I think on the r/vaporwave in the wiki section months ago.

What do you do for fun?

I've been on RateYourMusic documenting music I've been listening to over this quarantine.

Virtual Cafe Awards

AnonymousNVP

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
How did you find out about this place? - A news article

What do you do for fun? Reading. Writing. I'm a seeker of truths - difficult, dangerous, concerning, and comforting.

Virtual Cafe Awards

MrJack5672

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Jeopardy

An expression of hauntology

Future funk

An article about dead internet theory

What do you do for fun?
Labor, cook, read, video game, puzzles, hang with girlfriend, music, hang with friends

Virtual Cafe Awards

bean

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hi! I'm bean! I'm a producer looking into combining vaporwave and lofi aspects of music into a curious, new sound that I like to think of as my own. I look forward to sharing music with you all and helping the community and myself grow. Here's to the best kept secret of the internet!

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporsqwerl

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:
Hi all, I'm a vaporwave enthusiast and trying to get into making my own music more. I also have an addiction to collecting instruments and recently acquired an OM-27 Omnichord.
Small Wonder: fantastic, made of plastic, microchips here & there
Not just amazing sounds and nostalgia, to me it does a couple of really cool things: explores the far reaches of what irony is, as a playground for mashing up old memories and a future that never was, just really limitless possibilities. It also sometimes feels like the only music genre that really makes sense these days with how insane the world is.
Broken transmission/signalwave & mallsoft
through my twitter vaporwave community

Virtual Cafe Awards

scheissekopf257

professional dumbass
Reaction score
Awards

I don't really think that my life is a sitcom. my life isnt filled with wacky people getting into wacky situations and not everything works out in the end.

To me it means pretty good music to just vibe to. I listen to it sometimes

Like subgeneres of vaporwave? idk. but like if you mean subgeneres of music in general, i really like krautrock

A friend on discord told me this was a place to "discuss vaporwave and conspiracy theories". so like i obv had to check it out

What do you do for fun?

Play video games mostly. Lately i've been playing alot of doom (doom 64 specifically)

Virtual Cafe Awards

erowid_diwore

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Canceled sitcom: M*A*S*H (just the theme song, tho)

vapor wave = far side virtual

genres: pop, rap, experimental, noise, classical, ambient, electronic

heard about: an article about internet death

for fun: music, writing, photography, reading, visual art, chatting, exploring

Virtual Cafe Awards

Bobby Peru

Noosphere Nomad
Reaction score
Awards
I forgot I made an account.

The original Mullholand Drive.

A paradoxically familiar sense of mystery.

Vidya-related vaporwave.

/x/

What do you do for fun?
Reading and watching movies.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Absolutely no idea. TV never has characters who are really like "me".
A romanticist mini renaissance into the past where nostalgia mixes with new by heavily incorporating old internet culture based concepts with 80s new wave + Y2K era...

Future funk and sample derived genres are my most liked. Open to anything else tho.
A news article posted on the conspiracy section of a forum I occasionally lurk
What do you do for fun?
Read books of all kinds, draw, write, learn various subjects, read conspiracies, study history, and listen to music.

Virtual Cafe Awards

wwwdotcom

w e b 1.0
Reaction score
Awards
Hello I'm wwwdotcom,

I'm a graphic designer, artist, etc. I like the look of vaporwave. I grew up in the late 80s so I'm nostalgic. I like web 1.0 and want to bring it back or help bring it back somehow. I'm not really a huge fan of web 2.0 and no longer have any social media accounts. (I don't miss them!) I really wish more people made their own sites and blogs. I love finding personal blogs and sites. People weren't worried about likes and follows back then but now it seems if someone's running a site/blog it's main goal is to SELL something, rather than just have a personal space where they can share their interests.

How I found out about this place was when yesterday when I came across the "dead internet theory" which is a theory that I organically had myself but didn't realize there was a name for it.

I clicked a link to this forum and was pleasantly surprised. I remember being on so many message forums when I was growing up. I remember getting out first home computer and hearing the dial up internet tone. I used to run home after school to make websites.

I miss Geocities, Bravenet copy/paste codes, webrings, AIM, forums, etc.

For fun, I like to stream videos online. Mainly Utube. I'm also interested in Data Hoarding which might crossover with this aesthetic. For example: web archiving. I love going through old Geocities sites and looking at old gifs.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

cherrybomb

Stuck between your HDD and a hard place
Reaction score
Awards
Hey guys, my name is Ninibee (not irl of course) and I am 25 years old. I finished university in 2020. Currently working as a software engineer. I found this forum referenced somewhere and I was hooked because of the 'old internet' aesthetic which I grew up with. I love watching series and movies so if you want to exchange some with me, that would be great ! ;)

I also play games. and I love make up :pugPls:

It has been a while since I was active on a forum, since most forums dissipated and became ghost towns. I was very happy to find this one!

dirty pair 80s GIF

Let's have fun!

Virtual Cafe Awards