Issues with the transgender ideology (And wizardposting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0-Star-Candy-0

Satire and life have become indistinguishable
Reaction score
Awards
Here we go again.

Honestly, maybe there should be a badge or something that only 'high quality' or if you want to use a less flattering word 'not-shitposters' allowed to post in controversial threads like this. But anyways.

Define transgender ideology

and

Yeah it seems to me insane, from what I've heard and I may just be going off by rumors here since I have no idea how the process actually works, that you can so easily get hormones therapy, like that should be your last option. I guess I don't share the mentality most people suffering from dysphoria have, and I suffer from dysphoria from time to time, that the immediate solution is to get hormone therapy. It's just so counterintuitive to me, if anything you'd want to try a lot of other avenues to quell your dysphoria before transition. If you're obese, getting liposuction should be one of your lasts resorts, something you try only after you'd tried loosing weight in many other ways (Though idk, maybe the obese community or whatever thinks liposuction is the go-to treatment).

When I suffered from anxious depression, trying treatments that didn't require meds was a priority, cause guess what, digesting pills that severely alter your body is really dangerous. In the end, I had to take pills, but it took a lot of trial and error to get to that point. Again, not a psychologist, but isn't that normally how it goes? Shouldn't your psychologist/psychiatrist be cautious about prescribing you pills, and something they do if they value that theres no better alternative? If so, trans people seemingly getting hormones on demand, if they're over 18 years old, seems backwards.

(But again, IDK I'm not a psychologist, this is not a hill I'm dying on)
To me transgender ideology is the rationalization of gender dysphoria or gender envy as identity. They even have a way to say they aren't any gender or are somewhere in between genders or are both at once or are something else entirely. Kinship seems to be linked with the trans community from what I've seen in their safe spaces (note that I simply entered them for research but did not post since I most likely would not be welcome) which kinship itself seems a little silly to me, that's where the vine of the guy standing on the pier saying they identify as a wolf comes from. All of these extra identities are entirely mental and aren't really based in the real world, they are constructs and they feel extra or not useful for our youth to grow up learning or identifying with.

0-Star-Candy-0

Reaction score
Awards
Too be fair to the jannies, the OP deleted the previous thread, along with several other threads he had started.

Might actually be a frequent user on an alt that wants the discussion, but doesn't want it associated with his main account

I wish I had a copy of my comment from the previous thread to post here, but I'll try to recreate it.... ish

We ultimately do not posses the ability to give trans people what they want. We can, at best, give them the outward appearance of the opposite sex. The drugs and surgeries used to complete this process have some rather nasty side effects and are difficult, if not impossible to reverse. Anyone who gets roped into this as part of a fad will eventually have to come to terms with what they have done to themselves and eat the consequences thereof. It does not appear to be an effective means of treatment either as suicide rates have risen from 42% to 52% over the past few years.

Part of the issue appears to be the language and concept of the gender/sex split not being applied consistently. With gender being the societal aspects of Man/Women and sex being the biological aspects. Due to this what is currently refered to as "transgender" should actually be "trans-sex" as they wish to change the biological aspects of themselves while transgender would actually be a reference to tomgirls/femboys, people who just want to cross social norms rather than biological ones. This can be further seen in things like "gender affirming care" which would be more accurately described as "sex affirming care"

I don't remember what I wrote in the last paragraph kek.
The clarification of gender and sex is useful, I wish I had researched the terms before posting. Through this definition, trans sex is the target community for my post. I actually don't think I have a problem with the subversion of gender roles when it is not caused by being trans sex.

0-Star-Candy-0

Reaction score
Awards
Great post my friend, but here's a little warning post from a guy who made a (now deleted) thread on the topic. People here get really restarted (on both sides) with this topic, so don't be surprised if you see some bad posts in this thread. Hopefully this won't happen because everybody would have grown since that thread but, I don't know for sure. Just be careful man.
Thanks for the heads up. If that happens I'm fine with it. The whole point of posting wasn't to spread my thought pattern but to hear other arguments. I don't talk to hear myself speak as others who post their opinions do. That doesn't mean I don't want to hear the opinions because they aren't open for discussion, I just want to clarify that mine are.

0-Star-Candy-0

Reaction score
Awards
Call me paranoid, but isn't this a weird choice for a first post? What's your deal? Your post is a well reasoned argument, but it just strikes me as a very odd choice for a first conversation.
Honestly yes. I see this website like Ancient Greek which fits the vibe. I felt that if I post it should be something that creates a lot of discussion about the topic. If I had another chance to make a first post, I would still write an argument for or against some topic. It's like debate in the ancient agora.

0-Star-Candy-0

Reaction score
Awards
Any attempt to apply cognitive behavioral therapy to a transgender person's dysphoria is slandered as being like gay shock therapy, thus very few people are willing to risk their academic position for the sake of this research. This is pretty much what uncle meant about academics being oversocialized.
Anyway, we've already got a few transgender threads, this would've been better in one of them than in a new thread. Nobody on agora cares about necroposting.
Fair, but I felt my thread would reach a larger audience if I made it separate. It seems crazy to me for it to be viewed that way. Dysphoria is a feeling and GID is a behavior that results. Is it really that bad to treat it like a behavior?

0-Star-Candy-0

Reaction score
Awards
Any weirder than a user showing up, making an account, and immediately writing a novel of a first post about how, deep down, they actually really are a cat because they do "quirky" things like look at birds? The double edged sword of unmoderated (or extremely minimally moderated) spaces is that it attracts people who feel they want to speak their mind against the mainstream, but it also attracts people who feel they want to speak their mind against the mainstream.
Fabulous well done it's exactly what public forums are for.

0-Star-Candy-0

Reaction score
Awards
The whole existence of transgender ideology is cancerous.
Well, it may spread quickly but it's not so much harmful to normies as it is harmful to the people susceptible to the ideology, especially those who would go on to be normal if they never heard about it.

0-Star-Candy-0

Reaction score
Awards
Too be fair to the jannies, the OP deleted the previous thread, along with several other threads he had started.

Might actually be a frequent user on an alt that wants the discussion, but doesn't want it associated with his main account

I wish I had a copy of my comment from the previous thread to post here, but I'll try to recreate it.... ish

We ultimately do not posses the ability to give trans people what they want. We can, at best, give them the outward appearance of the opposite sex. The drugs and surgeries used to complete this process have some rather nasty side effects and are difficult, if not impossible to reverse. Anyone who gets roped into this as part of a fad will eventually have to come to terms with what they have done to themselves and eat the consequences thereof. It does not appear to be an effective means of treatment either as suicide rates have risen from 42% to 52% over the past few years.

Part of the issue appears to be the language and concept of the gender/sex split not being applied consistently. With gender being the societal aspects of Man/Women and sex being the biological aspects. Due to this what is currently refered to as "transgender" should actually be "trans-sex" as they wish to change the biological aspects of themselves while transgender would actually be a reference to tomgirls/femboys, people who just want to cross social norms rather than biological ones. This can be further seen in things like "gender affirming care" which would be more accurately described as "sex affirming care"

I don't remember what I wrote in the last paragraph kek.
Also "what they want" is being influenced by the trans community with no discretion.

0-Star-Candy-0

Reaction score
Awards
To me transgender ideology is the rationalization of gender dysphoria or gender envy as identity. They even have a way to say they aren't any gender or are somewhere in between genders or are both at once or are something else entirely. Kinship seems to be linked with the trans community from what I've seen in their safe spaces (note that I simply entered them for research but did not post since I most likely would not be welcome) which kinship itself seems a little silly to me, that's where the vine of the guy standing on the pier saying they identify as a wolf comes from. All of these extra identities are entirely mental and aren't really based in the real world, they are constructs and they feel extra or not useful for our youth to grow up learning or identifying with.
Replace gender with sex, as sketch points out in their reply

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Fabulous well done it's exactly what public forums are for.
You claim to know so much about forums yet you can't even practice the basic forum etiquette of refraining from double posting, rather you went all in on +10 back to back posts. Bravo my guy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
You claim to know so much about forums yet you can't even practice the basic forum etiquette of refraining from double posting, rather you went all in on +10 back to back posts. Bravo my guy.
Normal behavior of a fed trying to infiltrate online spaces

Virtual Cafe Awards

0-Star-Candy-0

Reaction score
Awards
I never claimed that. Straight up lie. All I did was claim that public forums are meant for arguments to be made, even if out of the blue. As for etiquette, I did not know that. However, since it is MY thread I want as much engagement as quickly as possible and I don't think I should have to wait for someone else to post before posting again. I don't have time to reply to every post as they happen either. I'm simply speeding up the discussion process to hear as much debate as possible. What's wrong with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.