Issues with the transgender ideology (And wizardposting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0-Star-Candy-0

Satire and life have become indistinguishable
Reaction score
Awards
There is a lot to cover but I find the logic of the transgender community to be flawed. Please note that I am not transphobic, my opinion is simply not in support of the transgender community. Transgenderism is also known as gender identity disorder (GID).

1. Laws allowing children to transition and receive hormone therapy or surgery without parents consent is not ok.
- the main goal of these laws is to treat body dysphoria and gender dysphoria. However, it seems insane to me that transitioning should be the immediate solution, and that we shouldn't even give other, safer treatments a chance first. Hormone therapy is an irreversible process which leaves a person sterile or infertile for life. If someone no longer feels gender dysphoria towards their biological sex after transitioning or they experience even worse gender dysphoria after transitioning, the damage can't be undone. It is a destructive process. it is almost certainly child abuse to do something to a kid outside of their understanding. Consider a child entering puberty. As their hormones change, they may naturally have extreme confusion about their body. It would only be made worse by telling them that their confusion means they should alter everything about their self image, to place a label on the confusion and identify with it, instead of attempting to resolve their confusion.
-It is a parent's role to guide their child through the world, to eliminate their child's confusion through education and perspective. These laws would strip that away from parents, alienating kids from their parents through the misunderstanding about what their parents really want for them. They aren't "suppressing an identity" at all. They want their kid to be comfortable with what they are instead of uncomfortable with what they aren't, the latter stemming from the confusion during puberty.
-Notice that very young children who "present with transgender personality traits" aren't at all uncomfortable. They simply don't understand how the world works, and are confused about the idea of gender.
2. A main claim of support for transition is that it will reduce suicide rates in transgender populations.
-the transgender population itself has more than doubled in the last decade. The promotion of identification by feelings has made an incredible amount of headway through the woke movement. Unfortunately, supporting these ideals means trans people don't try to eliminate their dysphoria, but try to identify by it.
-These people then become burdened by their feelings because they go unresolved and it leads to extreme increases in the rates of mental illness diagnosis and suicide .
-I believe the most efficient method for the reduction of suicide rates in the transgender community is to teach these individuals how to accept what they cannot change and to attempt to resolve self image issues.
3. Another claim is that therapy just doesn't work.
-Transgender people will spend their entire lives having their choice (if you can call it theirs) attacked. Does it not then make sense that they would view therapy designed to help them abandon that choice in favor of being comfortable in their own body as an attack on their self? If they are told their choices are wrong, over and over, why then would saying the same thing but in a context in their best interest be viewed as different from an attack? Therapy will not work once the transgender ideal takes hold unless the individual is receptive to criticism.
-Therapy only works if the individual WANTS to change. Only if they want to be comfortable in their own body does therapy have a chance of realizing it. But the problem is, these people are disgusted by their bodies. They could not be further from successful therapy. They don't want to be comfortable with something that already seems ugly.
-Only when a transgender person realizes that they only see their body as ugly because of confusion, poor body image, or self esteem can they accept that they might not be viewing themselves correctly. That's when therapy will work. When they're ready to change. Should we not preach self acceptance of our bodies before acceptance of the difference between our body and our feelings?

If you made it this far, I'm proud of you. You are a true intellectual to read the entire argument, and I respect you as an individual. The approach for helping the transgender person should not be to force them through therapy or transitioning but to educate them as much as possible about themselves and to teach them self love so they never question or doubt themselves in the first place. ;)

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
Great post my friend, but here's a little warning post from a guy who made a (now deleted) thread on the topic. People here get really restarted (on both sides) with this topic, so don't be surprised if you see some bad posts in this thread. Hopefully this won't happen because everybody would have grown since that thread but, I don't know for sure. Just be careful man.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Wooow you've haven't been here in a long time, yeah I'm gonna be with @Yabba here as someone who also posted similar subjects on that issue too.
Just in case...
Goat dude in his bunker.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Call me paranoid, but isn't this a weird choice for a first post? What's your deal? Your post is a well reasoned argument, but it just strikes me as a very odd choice for a first conversation.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
Any attempt to apply cognitive behavioral therapy to a transgender person's dysphoria is slandered as being like gay shock therapy, thus very few people are willing to risk their academic position for the sake of this research. This is pretty much what uncle meant about academics being oversocialized.
Anyway, we've already got a few transgender threads, this would've been better in one of them than in a new thread. Nobody on agora cares about necroposting.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Here we go again.

Honestly, maybe there should be a badge or something that only 'high quality' or if you want to use a less flattering word 'not-shitposters' allowed to post in controversial threads like this. But anyways.

Define transgender ideology

and

Yeah it seems to me insane, from what I've heard and I may just be going off by rumors here since I have no idea how the process actually works, that you can so easily get hormones therapy, like that should be your last option. I guess I don't share the mentality most people suffering from dysphoria have, and I suffer from dysphoria from time to time, that the immediate solution is to get hormone therapy. It's just so counterintuitive to me, if anything you'd want to try a lot of other avenues to quell your dysphoria before transition. If you're obese, getting liposuction should be one of your lasts resorts, something you try only after you'd tried loosing weight in many other ways (Though idk, maybe the obese community or whatever thinks liposuction is the go-to treatment).

When I suffered from anxious depression, trying treatments that didn't require meds was a priority, cause guess what, digesting pills that severely alter your body is really dangerous. In the end, I had to take pills, but it took a lot of trial and error to get to that point. Again, not a psychologist, but isn't that normally how it goes? Shouldn't your psychologist/psychiatrist be cautious about prescribing you pills, and something they do if they value that theres no better alternative? If so, trans people seemingly getting hormones on demand, if they're over 18 years old, seems backwards.

(But again, IDK I'm not a psychologist, this is not a hill I'm dying on)

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Let's guess how long this thread will last before a jannie delete it.
I can't recall us ever deleting a thread. The Yes/No threads were shut down by Yabba's own initiative.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Call me paranoid, but isn't this a weird choice for a first post? What's your deal? Your post is a well reasoned argument, but it just strikes me as a very odd choice for a first conversation.
Any weirder than a user showing up, making an account, and immediately writing a novel of a first post about how, deep down, they actually really are a cat because they do "quirky" things like look at birds? The double edged sword of unmoderated (or extremely minimally moderated) spaces is that it attracts people who feel they want to speak their mind against the mainstream, but it also attracts people who feel they want to speak their mind against the mainstream.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
Let's guess how long this thread will last before a jannie delete it.
And jannies will delete this thread in 3...2...1...
Too be fair to the jannies, the OP deleted the previous thread, along with several other threads he had started.

$5 says that this user will never post again.
Might actually be a frequent user on an alt that wants the discussion, but doesn't want it associated with his main account

I wish I had a copy of my comment from the previous thread to post here, but I'll try to recreate it.... ish

We ultimately do not posses the ability to give trans people what they want. We can, at best, give them the outward appearance of the opposite sex. The drugs and surgeries used to complete this process have some rather nasty side effects and are difficult, if not impossible to reverse. Anyone who gets roped into this as part of a fad will eventually have to come to terms with what they have done to themselves and eat the consequences thereof. It does not appear to be an effective means of treatment either as suicide rates have risen from 42% to 52% over the past few years.

Part of the issue appears to be the language and concept of the gender/sex split not being applied consistently. With gender being the societal aspects of Man/Women and sex being the biological aspects. Due to this what is currently refered to as "transgender" should actually be "trans-sex" as they wish to change the biological aspects of themselves while transgender would actually be a reference to tomgirls/femboys, people who just want to cross social norms rather than biological ones. This can be further seen in things like "gender affirming care" which would be more accurately described as "sex affirming care"

I don't remember what I wrote in the last paragraph kek.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.