Recent content by microbyte

1. microbyte

I mean it's interesting, but all the ODIN stuff applies so basically just bacteria.

I mean it's interesting, but all the ODIN stuff applies so basically just bacteria.
  2. microbyte

What are you currently reading?

"A Happy Death" also by Camus is similar to "The Stranger", and I actually preferred it over The Stranger. It's sort of like "The Stranger", but he gets away with it, and is convicted by his own guilt. Have you tried the sequels? They pick up a little faster. The sequel (Count Zero) isn't...
  3. microbyte

Write exactly 500 words on any subject. No fact checking. What do you choose?

WW2 Tactics (I may be wrong on some stuff, & also I couldn't do everything, as I only had 500 words): In WW2, the main organizational system was primarily Squad -> Platoon → Company → Battalion → Regiment → Division → Idk. A squad normally consists or ~12 men, 3 squads, 2 rifles + a machine gun...
  4. microbyte

Late Night Convenience Store Thread

Man, I remember back in my high school days I had practice far away from school, and so we'd finish up really late, and nothing beat going to the local bodega (basically a convenience store), and grabbing some dinner (a BLT or a muffin) and Gatorade (either white or dark blue), before the two...
  5. microbyte

The Romantacization of Mental Illness and Victim Culture

Until people return to the real world, or we go back to a really slow, and therefor depopulated and smaller, isolated, internet, then the problems will continue. If the internet "decentralizes" (with billions of people what does that even mean), then it'll still be a hop skip and a jump to where...
  6. microbyte

The Romantacization of Mental Illness and Victim Culture

The reason so many people "have" mental illnesses right now is because humans rationalize their feelings. As per the rat utopia experiment, as society gets more crowded, which it is online (we humans see online similar to the real world, as we haven't yet acclimated mentally to this extra...
  7. microbyte

General Fitness Thread - Discuss all things fitness here!

If you run a bunch without getting injured you should already be pretty strong. That said, if weights aren't working, just do daily sets of pushups basically. Start with like 5x10, and then increase sets. Works pretty well for upper body as a runner. Also, I've been pretty out of running...
  8. microbyte

"Being able to use a computer mouse is not considered standard knowledge in education"

Where is this from? And also, does that mean she dictates everything she "writes" like some ancient illiterate person?
  9. microbyte

Strategy games

Personally, I think that video games, especially for strategy, always miss a charm that physical games have. Nothing beats seeing stuff happen in real 3D, and setting it all up yourself. Axis & Allies was probably the first real strategy game I ever played, and it's still one of my favorites...
  10. microbyte

"Conspiracy Theorist" Self-Immolates Outside Trump Courthouse Hearing

I mean, all the stuff he says makes sense, and I wouldn't fully disagree with it, but some parts I find hard to believe. I'm pretty sure that the Oceangate Titan disaster really did happen, and wasn't just a con. Also I feel like that part abt the head of the UNC student council is a little...
  11. microbyte

You're put into spectate mode. Where do you go?

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) But in all actuality I'd probably visit the museums all my favorite pieces of art which I haven't yet seen in person are, and then probably spectate the past, and if that's not allowed then just wander aimlessly, and look for something nice.
  12. microbyte

Historical revisionism

I agree a lot with this — most people and history books and teachers and cetera act as if all prior history is inapplicable. Better technology, we know more, etc. But this is all just a bunch of cockiness with no basis in reality, but rather a basis in the decadence we find ourselves in right now.
  13. microbyte

Agoracraft - Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 Server, Better than Adventure

What's wrong with the bridge?
  14. microbyte

Historical revisionism

History is written by the victors. Currently, the victors are people hellbent on destroying the west (most of the people who say this also think that America is the worst country to ever exist and love communism). They are the victors because the economic victors like them, monopolies like...
  15. microbyte

Internet and Sexual Deviancy

Sexual deviancy, I don't believe, is something that can be blamed on solely the internet, that is a factor, but not the main driving one. The main driving factor in this sort of thing "modernity", or population increases. As seen in the rat utopia experiment, antisocial and weird/autistic...