Write exactly 500 words on any subject. No fact checking. What do you choose?

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
[lifestory]
620 words. Literally unreadable. A good attempt, though.

[on mummification]
A fascinating read, thanks! I'd read about Xin Zhui before but looking into the information on her wolfing down a melon was news to me. Someone clearly loved her very much. The Franklin expedition mummies are equally interesting.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

silktrader

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
manosphere and redpill/blackpill stuff. there is an embarrasing amount of research done by me in this field. at some point i felt lonely. i thought "why am i lonely?". i saw some stats which suggested other men were lonely, a concerning amount of them. i thought "why are they lonely?". it spiraled from there. dont agree with everything they say (fatalism/laying down and rotting is fundamentally dogshit no matter how aesthetically disadvantaged you are in life. some of the anti-woman stuff goes far that it doesnt feel like you can form any type of genuine relationship with a woman if you internalize it) but there are truths to them. theres very few purely neutral readings/video on the matter or at least one which takes viewpoints from both sides. you have the people who believe everything in it and go down the rabbit hole and the opposition who stick their head in the sand and go "nuh uh you are wrong and dumb none of it matters and anyone can make it yet im still going to call you a virgin/incel/chud and mock you for not having sex".

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
manosphere and redpill/blackpill stuff. there is an embarrasing amount of research done by me in this field. at some point i felt lonely. i thought "why am i lonely?". i saw some stats which suggested other men were lonely, a concerning amount of them. i thought "why are they lonely?". it spiraled from there. dont agree with everything they say (fatalism/laying down and rotting is fundamentally dogshit no matter how aesthetically disadvantaged you are in life. some of the anti-woman stuff goes far that it doesnt feel like you can form any type of genuine relationship with a woman if you internalize it) but there are truths to them. theres very few purely neutral readings/video on the matter or at least one which takes viewpoints from both sides. you have the people who believe everything in it and go down the rabbit hole and the opposition who stick their head in the sand and go "nuh uh you are wrong and dumb none of it matters and anyone can make it yet im still going to call you a virgin/incel/chud and mock you for not having sex".
I think the real cringe is that you joined the forum and the first thing you did was post about how the redpill and incel fandom would be your essay of choice - in 190 words, no less.

index.php

Virtual Cafe Awards

silktrader

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I think the real cringe is that you joined the forum and the first thing you did was post about how the redpill and incel fandom would be your essay of choice - in 190 words, no less.

index.php
idk man the redpill incel shit makes my brain go zoom. gets the neurons firing. the 190 wordcount, that one is unacceptable.

Virtual Cafe Awards

silktrader

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
ok so. virgins. they exist. they are maidenless. there has been debate over why this is so and why the number is rising. its mostly two reasons being repeated over and over:

. genetic reason. this is simple. if you dont have the tall frame or the strong jaw or the big benis and all of that and more women will not like you. they will say "ew no i do not like you you are short and balding at 23 stop existing right now" and then go look for someone who doesnt make their eyes bleed. there is truth to it. those who are taller and have better eyes and have more symmetrical faces will naturally have an advantage in this kind of thing. your beliefs and wealth and personality, all come second before physical attractiveness, for that determines genetic material. i feel at some level this is common sense, you cant really reject something like "pretty people get more dates" this its just basic facts. still dont like it too much because it can very easily lead to self loathing for things beyond your self control which doesnt help with anything but its a hard truth you need to get out of the way.

. social reason. this one says that "incels" werent a thing. that getting a chick is as easy as breathing or shaking hands and that even if you dont have the immutable characteristics that offer an advantage youll still find a girl. the problem is that back then people were just generally more social. especially WAY back then when you had to practically rely on one another for survival. the idea of "chasing women" or "using pickup lines or otherwise treating getting women as a goal is something entirely foreign and new, and back then it was just a consequence/byproduct of existing. but now, society is increasingly more disconnected. a single person can practically survive entirely on their own, with a life of solitude being able to get them enough food and shelter to get by. so they dont go out, they dont mingle in the same way as the past, they dont develop proper social skills. this is, understandably, a fucking travesty for someone who is part of a social species.

i think both have a point. i am not the most handsome man and im sure that has affected my chances before i even open my mouth. but there were also plenty of women who have shown interest in me and i kind of dropped the spaghetti all over and fucked up. it was bad to the point where this tall chick who IMMEDIATELY went to physical affection when we first met (cuddling, many hugs, kisses on forehead, very touchy stuff) and kept doing so for months onwards still made me go "nah but what if she thinks im too short shes probably just being polite". i would probably not have had this train of thought if i was actually socially competent.

i will now get to my gripes with the involuntary celibate, this is their solutions. none. zero. they will sit there, they will bitch and moan endlessly, they will attempt to change nothing as life goes by. even the ones who advocate for dumb shit like mgtow or sigma stuff (your funny patrick bateman video will not change the fact that thousands of years of evolution has made you a social creature by habit) at least propose something. i always thought the people saying "get off the bad sites that demoralize you" was a cope and that it wouldnt change a thing but damn. it turns out when you dont have a bunch of people constantly telling you that life sucks you come to terms with your problems and either aim to fix them or learn to live with them.

ultimately the best thing is to not care. youre a virgin at 22? and? oh noes the random zoomie called you an incel. what a travesty. some random girl on twitter said short men need to be thrown in a furnace or something who cares. find something that truly interests you. realize that socializing can happen beyond sexual means and get some friends. seek to improve yourself in what you can and accept what you cannot. at the very least get off those sites and stare at the wall instead it will be better for you.

tl;dr: incels are kinda right, theyre also very wrong, get it together and try to put an effort into fixing yourself. this is all mostly common sense/knowledge if you think hard enough young me was just slow when it came to this kind of things.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
ok so. virgins. they exist. they are maidenless. there has been debate over why this is so and why the number is rising. its mostly two reasons being repeated over and over:

. genetic reason. this is simple. if you dont have the tall frame or the strong jaw or the big benis and all of that and more women will not like you. they will say "ew no i do not like you you are short and balding at 23 stop existing right now" and then go look for someone who doesnt make their eyes bleed. there is truth to it. those who are taller and have better eyes and have more symmetrical faces will naturally have an advantage in this kind of thing. your beliefs and wealth and personality, all come second before physical attractiveness, for that determines genetic material. i feel at some level this is common sense, you cant really reject something like "pretty people get more dates" this its just basic facts. still dont like it too much because it can very easily lead to self loathing for things beyond your self control which doesnt help with anything but its a hard truth you need to get out of the way.

. social reason. this one says that "incels" werent a thing. that getting a chick is as easy as breathing or shaking hands and that even if you dont have the immutable characteristics that offer an advantage youll still find a girl. the problem is that back then people were just generally more social. especially WAY back then when you had to practically rely on one another for survival. the idea of "chasing women" or "using pickup lines or otherwise treating getting women as a goal is something entirely foreign and new, and back then it was just a consequence/byproduct of existing. but now, society is increasingly more disconnected. a single person can practically survive entirely on their own, with a life of solitude being able to get them enough food and shelter to get by. so they dont go out, they dont mingle in the same way as the past, they dont develop proper social skills. this is, understandably, a fucking travesty for someone who is part of a social species.

i think both have a point. i am not the most handsome man and im sure that has affected my chances before i even open my mouth. but there were also plenty of women who have shown interest in me and i kind of dropped the spaghetti all over and fucked up. it was bad to the point where this tall chick who IMMEDIATELY went to physical affection when we first met (cuddling, many hugs, kisses on forehead, very touchy stuff) and kept doing so for months onwards still made me go "nah but what if she thinks im too short shes probably just being polite". i would probably not have had this train of thought if i was actually socially competent.

i will now get to my gripes with the involuntary celibate, this is their solutions. none. zero. they will sit there, they will bitch and moan endlessly, they will attempt to change nothing as life goes by. even the ones who advocate for dumb shit like mgtow or sigma stuff (your funny patrick bateman video will not change the fact that thousands of years of evolution has made you a social creature by habit) at least propose something. i always thought the people saying "get off the bad sites that demoralize you" was a cope and that it wouldnt change a thing but damn. it turns out when you dont have a bunch of people constantly telling you that life sucks you come to terms with your problems and either aim to fix them or learn to live with them.

ultimately the best thing is to not care. youre a virgin at 22? and? oh noes the random zoomie called you an incel. what a travesty. some random girl on twitter said short men need to be thrown in a furnace or something who cares. find something that truly interests you. realize that socializing can happen beyond sexual means and get some friends. seek to improve yourself in what you can and accept what you cannot. at the very least get off those sites and stare at the wall instead it will be better for you.

tl;dr: incels are kinda right, theyre also very wrong, get it together and try to put an effort into fixing yourself. this is all mostly common sense/knowledge if you think hard enough young me was just slow when it came to this kind of things.
i know im drunk right now and that this thread is already dead but like holy shit, i felt like i was pummeled with words here. you feel lost at 22? you cant possibly begin to understand your life at that age. just live your life, you have so much of it left

Virtual Cafe Awards

silktrader

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
i know im drunk right now and that this thread is already dead but like holy shit, i felt like i was pummeled with words here. you feel lost at 22? you cant possibly begin to understand your life at that age. just live your life, you have so much of it left
that type of thinking has a very slippery slope. "nah im 18 i have so much more ahead of me!" "im 22 im still young!" "im 25 theres still some time left!" "im 29 but men peak in their mid thirties anyways!" "im 35 but hey theres still time for that comeback better late than never!". yeah autistically trying to organize every aspect of your life will inevitably fail when something slightly disrupts it but the whole 'just go with the flow and live life' thing can very easy have you spiraling into accomplishing nothing.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
This thread is just Agoran social conditioning intended to ready us for the minimum words per post rule put forward by the psyop agent known as manpaint. In that thread, the idea is that posts would not be allowed until they crossed an arbitrary 181 word threshold. The reason for the 181 words is because that is how many manpaint had posted in that thread (even though the exact count in the post is 202 or 203 words, depending on whether or not you would fix the typos first)

By comparison, 500 words is egregious. People will say that they could do it, but the majority would actually not participate since the task sits somewhere between a novelty and a chore. Fewer people will actually bother to engage and read all of the posts that meet the criteria. Why? Simply put, anything worth talking about for 500 words in any serious capacity would be more likely to become its own thread. Such dedication to a post would be lost in a thread intended only for arbitrary word counts, buried amongst other posts that are not likely to be on any serious topic

So you see, this thread is flawed from the start. But believe it or not, this actually works to serve as a benefit for the aforementioned social conditioning plan. Because so few posters will actually carry out the task that the OP is requesting, it will be used as an example to show that 500 words is simply too much for the community to handle.

A proposed word count will be enforced, but it will initially be for a number below 500. The plan is to gradually lower the word count over time. Can meaningful discourse happen within limits? Sure, but within a moving window? Not so likely. More effort will be spent on trying to hit the window than it will be to actually write a good post

A range of excuses can and will be presented to keep the conditioned community members strung along. Convenient explanations such as "high bandwidth costs" and "ease of moderation" will be cited. This will fly in the face of any reasoning that would point out that modern technology is cheap and easily available, and the conditions would actually lower the needs for funding and moderation

As speech is constricted, the more knowledgeable and experienced posters will abandon the site first. The remaining posters who are not as tech literate will stick around out of loyalty since Agora is recognized on the web. Being associated with a name that has recognition is more important than actually doing or saying anything of real significance

Bot accounts will populate the rest of the forums, giving the illusion that there is still activity on the site. Nobody will post opinions themselves anymore due to the strange rules. Instead, they will simply leave reactions and emotes to show their support for some conglomerate's preprogrammed opinion

Eventually the site will be renamed Twitter 2: Electric Boogaloo

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mew

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Noxy

Do not believe anything this user posts
Reaction score
Awards
Website
lamadriguera.neocities.org
I'm pretty sure his post is just exposing how incels blame everyone but themselves for their problems and how this + constant reinforcement from other incels generates a vicious cycle. His post is about 22 year old virgins but he is not exactly claiming to be a 22 year old virgin.

microbyte

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
microbyte.neocities.org
WW2 Tactics (I may be wrong on some stuff, & also I couldn't do everything, as I only had 500 words):
In WW2, the main organizational system was primarily Squad -> Platoon → Company → Battalion → Regiment → Division → Idk. A squad normally consists or ~12 men, 3 squads, 2 rifles + a machine gun / mortar squad, make a platoon of 36 + some extra for headquarters stuff. 4 platoons make a company, of ~180 men, with platoons 1, 2, and 3, alongside a HQ platoon (I believe). A couple companies (I believe 3) make a battalion, plus an HQ company. That's as far as I'm comfortable saying. I'm not the best with the scale of intermediate tactics.
For attacking in small unit tactics, the main plan is to leapfrog over yourself. You have men with mortars start firing on the enemy, while your machine guns or BARs (early version of modern Automatic Rifles) start spraying the enemy. This makes a base of fire, which keeps the enemies heads down. This allows your men to rush in. You then make those newly advanced men into the base of fire, and move your current base of fire up, rinse, and repeat. This is mainly true at both the platoon and squad level. Your platoon leapfrogs squads over one another, while those squads advance by leapfrogging over each other. When your troops are finally able to get close, they start throwing their hand grenades, before running in. It is a good idea when doing these sort of attacks to ensure that you are flanking your enemy. The jerrys can't shoot in two directions at once. Snipers should be part of the base of fire, essentially just shooting every so often at any enemy who picks his head up. When advancing, staying behind cover is always important.
Once you get into the enemy position, you should then prepare to be counterattacked. Disarm any prisoners, and take everything you can. Especially for the Americans in ETO, as the Germans tended to counterattack everything. Communication tends to be done by hand signs, as they're silent, encoded, and instant. Additionally, when attacking, before advancing directly into where the enemy has a line-of-site, it is important to first get contact with the enemy. This is done by sending some scouts up, and having them determine where the enemy is, before coming back. Finally, it is important to avoid standing up as much as possible. Make yourself small.
When there is a standstill in fighting, troops tended to make foxholes. These are small holes in the dirt, kind of like trenches. During these standstills, there will be a main line of resistance (MLR). In front of this MLR will be a couple outposts (OPs). During standstills, both sides send out patrols, to look at what the other people are doing, and possibly to capture prisoners. The goals of the OPs are to see and kill these guys, alongside seeing if there is an all out attack, alongside possibly acting as artillery spotters. Artillery was mainly used before an attack, and also just constantly in a standstill.