Agora Road Ad Creatives

eco

bg.jpeg

TIS THE SEASON

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Hey everyone! I'm loving these ads! Attached below is comfy pepe and iterations of it

Attachments

• Comfyaya.png
    Comfyaya.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 79
  • peepoComfyBlanket.png
    peepoComfyBlanket.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 84
  • PepeComfy.png
    PepeComfy.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 3x (3).png
    3x (3).png
    16.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 3x (2).png
    3x (2).png
    20.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 3x (1).png
    3x (1).png
    18.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 3x.png
    3x.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 84
Virtual Cafe Awards

FlangerFobia

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

bALDbOY

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I found this site advertised on Lainchan, in a thread completely unrelated to anything related to this site. It's kinda annoying when you see this just plastered around, and gives the site an immediate bad impression from whoever sees it advertised. Besides, Vaporwave is a satirization and critique of advertisement in general, isn't it a little ironic that a vaporwave forum is advertising itself everywhere?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
I found this site advertised on Lainchan, in a thread completely unrelated to anything related to this site. It's kinda annoying when you see this just plastered around, and gives the site an immediate bad impression from whoever sees it advertised. Besides, Vaporwave is a satirization and critique of advertisement in general, isn't it a little ironic that a vaporwave forum is advertising itself everywhere?
First of all, welcome.

Sorry if you found it annoying, but we gotta get new members somehow. Site hosting ain't free.

For your last point, see this thread: https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.p...till-a-critique-of-capitalism.3325/post-10104

I see no irony in advertising ourselves as a small community, especially when we're centered primarily around discussion, and not the sale of music itself.

Virtual Cafe Awards

spaceghost

foreign ramen exchange student
Reaction score
Awards
i dont totally agree with your statement about vaporwave there at the end but to each their own:MacTonight:, also i find most ads i come across to just be plastered around, i think thats how ads work. I use an adblocker, and if i see an ad posted that i find annoying, i go about my day like nothing happened:pepeDS:go outside and touch some grass bro, also welcome to the road

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
That was probably me, my bad. I posted the lain ad over there.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

I don't think it's advertised everywhere so much as it's advertised on imageboards only, typically via image-based mobile ads that are integrated into the site. Not a lot of comments on posts themselves, I have seen a few but they've always been on topic. The community has a twitter account that posts content in some tags, and I've seen the admin make >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk posts then link the forum in the comments, but those are always on topic contributions so it's not really blatant advertising as much as it's using a website.

I think you're right that it's poor taste to comment an advertisement when it's irrelevant, but I don't think any of us can understand and learn from it unless you share the thread or something? It's hard to know how and why something is irrelevant without the full image.

Are there other specific times the website being advertised has bothered you? You provided one example sort of, but saying it's advertised "everywhere" makes it sound like there's more times you've been bothered by site ads. I also second vaporweeb's thread recommendation.

I'm sure no one here wants to annoy you with random, offtopic links.

naa

Here's a bunch of freeware retro graphics and icons