ビンス
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About Agora Gang Tags

• How do you meet people your age after college?
    What are some good teas for people who don't like tea?
    Andy Kaufman
    Andy Kaufman
    What kind of earl grey did you try?
    If you enjoy that coffee is strong then try this one

Idk how much translating the page will help you here but it's essentially a very strong black tea. Best with a few drops of milk but the caffeine made my heart race so I stopped drinking that one.
    Either way, just getting teabags probably won't give you the best experience. Best quality tea has most of the leaves intact while in teabags you usually get the byproducts of tea production.

Now I'm mostly drinking Roiboos tea because you can drink it an any time of the day without affecting your sleep.

I also recommend this video on the actual tea leaf plant

View: https://youtu.be/LqDk2swTiB8?si=ex3r5NjtmG7dnKVg

most people don't know that a single plant results in 6 different kinds of teas
    Some_porcupine
    Some_porcupine
    acidophile mushroom in milk, with spices
    ビンス
    ビンス
    Lots of good advice in this comments section. Thank you all for the suggestions. I think I'll try spiced teas with milk as @LiraTirsoCaduceo suggested.

@Andy Kaufman it was a cheap teabag. Good to know that wat I was drinking wasn't representative of all tea. I'll have to get the "real stuff."
    I'm in the process of de-discording. Nuking all my messages and trying to figure out how to break ties with my internet "friends."
    I've reached the point where birthdays make me sad about getting older instead of happy about getting older.
    MySpace Tom
    MySpace Tom
    Happy birthday!
    MindControlBoxer
    MindControlBoxer
    Grandpa Old People GIF
    alk
    alk
    I'm late, very late, but happy belated birthday. You've got lots to go, don't sweat the numbers
    I finished updating my site and wrote a new blog post, please check it out and give me feedback. (If you've previously visited my site, make sure to hold down shift and press the refresh page button to make sure you're seeing the most current version of the site.)
    Edit: I just fixed a bunch of spelling mistakes - oops! You may have to refresh again.
    After struggling for so long to get motivation to update my site, I'm finally almost done fixing it! I somehow have about 4,000 pageviews. That may not be a lot to some of you, but to me it is. It makes me feel guilty that my site has been so empty.
    I think it would be interesting if there was some way to embed your Agora Road statuses on your blog sort of like status.cafe.
    People keep joining the Nightwave Plaza Discord asking if it's the Agora Road Discord.
    12TH OFFICIAL AGORA ROAD FRAG NIGHT!
    Tonight @ 22:00 UTC-05 Game download and more info here:
    Want to receive a message reminder for frag nights? Want to get pings for important server announcements? Join the mailing list.
    Selling Funko Pops to middle aged men on eBay has me feeling like I'm selling crack to teenagers.
    Even bugs bleed red. What did God mean by this?
    • Thinking
    Reactions: big_ping07
    Punp
    Punp
    Anecdotal, but on killing a fruit fly I've seen them leave red stains - though there is more to a squashed insect than its blood.

What Ross is talking about are spiracles - holes in the back of an invertebrate which allow air to passively pass through the body.

Interestingly, fruit flies are used in medical research because 60% of their genome is identical to humans. Likewise with bananas and chickens. Mostly it's instructions on creating building blocks like proteins.
    ビンス
    ビンス
    @Punp a dead fruit fly was what inspired this post.
    • Coffee (Like)
    Reactions: Punp
    Ross_Я
    Ross_Я
    I think in case of fruit flies red is actually the pigment from their eyes.
    Each day I have to resist the urge to purge my profile of tons of posts I think are cringe, lest they become lost media.

But what is lost media anyway? And why are people so obsessed with it? I feel like the allure of lost media is the chase rather than the catch.
    Who should decide if something should be lost? The one who created it, or the people who consume it? Does a creator rescind their right to retract their works upon publication?

I was going to write a whole essay about this but I realized I don't have anything more to say than this.
    Mamisu
    Mamisu
    BRAPPPP
    GENOSAD
    GENOSAD
    I look at weeks-old posts to find that I've come to disagree with them, it really isn't that big of a deal if you change your mind about something you said online and decide to keep it up forever. Most of what we say is quickly forgotten despite the concept of everything on the internet lasting "forever," so saying something stupid or off-color on some obscure corner of the web isn't the end of the world.
    MySpace Tom
    MySpace Tom
    A lot of interest in lost media is around things that people saw when they were young, but haven't been able to easily return to in the modern media age when it should be easily accessible. Look at any "lost media found in (year)" list and it will be littered with commercials or shows aimed at children. There are a lot of reasons why it's appealing:
    • Finding a piece of lost media is like finding a small window into one's own past (or someone else's, which could be fulfilling to help someone achieve)
    • Not having that media around is a bleak reminder that the past really is just gone. There is no way to truly return to a previous time in our existence
    • Revisiting a piece of media can reassure someone that something they loved is still as good as it always has been (or maybe wasn't as good as one remembered, so it can also serve as a reality check for how they themselves have changed and developed)
    • Finding a piece of media that nobody else has is almost like someone creating it themselves. What was not here before has now been delivered. It's a miracle! Lazarus lives again!
    I'm not a part of any lost media community, but it on its own doesn't have a lot of interest for me. They seem to be made up of people who have some occasional interest in finding old media for personal reasons, and those people are outnumbered by vultures who will turn that investment into profit by making endless lists and videos about the work that someone else did that someone else had an emotional connection to. (Funnily, the people who make lost media lists will probably never make it onto a lost media list themselves when their work is ultimately forgotten since nobody can have emotional attachment to what's essentially background noise.) It's kind of a weird thing to try to make a community out of, really

Anyways, I wouldn't worry about deleting old posts or anything. Nobody's going to go digging through archives and pass judgment on what someone said months or years ago. Eventually the forum will die. All of that deletion will be handled for you automatically when that time comes
    11TH OFFICIAL AGORA ROAD FRAG NIGHT!
    Tonight @ 22:00 UTC-05 Game download and more info here:
    Want to receive a message reminder for frag nights? Want to get pings for important server announcements? Join the mailing list.
    I'm not against video essays. I'm not against long video essays. I'm not even against multi-hour video essays. The problem is that people make these videos and have nothing to say. It's not 6 hours because it's a passionate, dense, deep-dive; it's 6 hours because he read the entire Wikipedia page as an "intro" to pad the run-time. If it wouldn't make an interesting essay, it won't make an interesting video essay.
    MySpace Tom
    MySpace Tom
    Hey guys. Here's me covering another iceberg that has been duplicated verbatim a million times before. Is Go For a Punch real? Obviously not, but I'm going to keep talking about it anyways because I don't want to attempt anything interesting

Now I'll talk about how a speedrunner went really fast in a game, but I'll take 45+ minutes to do it to talk about all of the shortcuts you all know about already. I mean, I've already said all of this same information in my own videos already and yes, I am using Home - Resonance again, just like in every single one of my videos. What? No, I can't try anything new or interesting. I just gotta crank out these videos. Otherwise, the speedrunners I'm talking about might get some direct attention, and I would rather just soak up all of that attention and ad revenue for myself. If I don't, then my channel won't exist!
    Some_porcupine
    Some_porcupine
    also, that vid needs to have first 5 min about nothing so YT can have reevnue... i hate it. this is beyond acceptable, like, wtf, if youtube did this from start, there would be massive protests.... youtube userbase (both, watchers and uploaders) has fallen off...
    Deleted member 5380
    youtube is like nintendo and by that i mean they never listen to any feedback
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…