Asuka or Rei containment thread

• Thread starter vect0r
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 1541 times.

Asuka or Rei?

• Asuka

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Rei

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Misato

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Kaworu

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

vect0r

This thread is for the discussion of who is best girl in Evangelion, mainly focusing on whether Asuka or Rei is best girl. However, there are some extra options that are relevant to this debate such as Misato and even Kaworu.

For now I'll delay my extended response to the question "Asuka or Rei?" in order to view the main arguments of the other side. Hopefully leading to a more balanced response.

Asuka
1688193898986.png

or...

Rei
1688194255826.png

Last edited by a moderator:

vect0r

I neglected to mention that you should either think from perspective of Shinji or mentally age them up.

vect0r

Rei's a clone of his mom.
Rei and Shinji being biologically related is one of the more common arguments made. Their relationship being illegal and immoral makes it an important one at that.
...And Asuka should probably be medicated. Don't really think there's any 'good' options for Shinji.
Absolutely. If there were a single more obvious "best" choice for Shinji, then the plot would be less bleak and more bland. Unfortunately that's almost completely removed as a concept in the Rebuild movies. Mari is very out of place and doesn't contribute much in character or in plot. Maybe it was intentional as some form of criticism of waifu culture. But it removed the impact of there being no "best choice" for Shinji and replaced it with nothing comparable.

There is no best girl for Shinji, but some are better than others.

Sidewinder91

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
There is no best girl for Shinji, but some are better than others.
Haven't seen that show in years, but aren't there girls at school he could hook up with?

None of them like him because he's a whiney geek, but, Rei and Asuka don't really like him much either, so I'd say he's got an equal chance with a normal girl as he does with his co-workers.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Literally no mention of the two best girls in the series? For shame.
1688363701155.gif

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Just gonna drop another contender into the ring, don't mind me...
1688365935354.jpeg

Virtual Cafe Awards
isnt she too old?
comics and fans notes says she is Shinji's mom/dad age (also, appeared at Shinji's birth, if you saw Gendo's memory at 3+1 Rebuild)
XD

@The Oddball Philosopher - yes, Curse of EVA was also mentioned there. it is just, if they wil go well together? and she knows the parents? it is... kinda weird topic really. if they had some themes to talk about... they are different generations XDDD

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Razzle Dazzle

Professional Nerd
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.spacejam.com
isnt she too old?
comics and fans notes says she is Shinji's mom/dad age (also, appeared at Shinji's birth, if you saw Gendo's memory at 3+1 Rebuild)
XD
Well, if you remember The Curse of Eva, which is a metaphysical ailment that traps its pilots in a state of eternal youth, perhaps Mari suffered the same ailment years before.

Virtual Cafe Awards