Barony-like games?

Dolfin

Cetacean Sensation
Reaction score
Awards
Eldritch is a simpler first-person roguelite dungeon crawler...kind of? It's much less of an RPG and more of an action/stealth game where you're running through dungeons with the goal of survival rather than killing everything, as some things either can't be killed or are usually too impractical to dispatch.

It's short and not terribly complicated, probably not really what you're looking for. There's also Legend of Grimrock I & II, which are not free-movement action-roguelikes but nail complex dungeons. They're modern blobbers, games like the Wizardry series where you traverse a grid-based dungeon with your party. Everyone exists on, moves into, and fights from the same square like a giant "blob" that swings weapons. Unlike classic blobbers, they're real-time for some reason.

A cursory search doesn't give me anything much closer to Barony. Most first-person action-roguelikes aren't RPGs, and most roguelike RPGs don't bother with first-person. If I'm right about that, it's a big opportunity.

Virtual Cafe Awards