Camcorder Found Footage Thread

Viennese Café Culture

Cosmopolitan Ingenue
Reaction score
Awards
Found some more strange videos after discovering a new default file name for old Sony camcorders. More will come but here are some oddities so far. First we have this guy pulling what I assume is a prank on their Christian parents.

Followed by a pretty depressing Halloween celebration.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Viennese Café Culture

Cosmopolitan Ingenue
Reaction score
Awards
Wrapping up this search for tonight. First find is this page where an Australian friendship group smoke weed and talk shit, all captured on camcorder.

Second is this awkward Elvis-themed Christmas celebration. The depressing holiday camcorder video is a genre in itself.

This video that a British guy surreptitiously filmed of his neighbour jostling him.

And finally this long fixed-angle capture of some pool-adjacent game. I thought the vibes were great in this video. I'd like to see it used as footage in a music compilation on youtube.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
These are some very uncomfy finds recently. Have you filtered your search for that, or is it accidental?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Viennese Café Culture

Cosmopolitan Ingenue
Reaction score
Awards
These are some very uncomfy finds recently. Have you filtered your search for that, or is it accidental?
Not at all. The difference might be in the era of technology and the number of uploads. Old tapes get digitized because they are sentimentally valuable or evocative, but I am mostly drawing from the era of hard-drive camcorders for these latest ones. In a flood of content it is the weird and eerie that stick out. I have been finding plenty of pretty comfy and atmospheric videos but I haven't shared them here so as to not spam. Have a few pleasant palette cleansers...

Lovely Asian garden

Curious little guys

Virtual Cafe Awards