Is the internet feeling especially boring this week?

ThyOde17

Tree Spiking Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
I feel like the internet has been boring for a long time. I catch myself sitting in front of my screen aimlessly just jumping from site to site. It is honestly a terrible habit that I can't break despite how often I find myself doing that exact same practice.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deckade

aspiring bussin neo-hypefluencer
Reaction score
Awards
I feel like the internet has been boring for a long time. I catch myself sitting in front of my screen aimlessly just jumping from site to site. It is honestly a terrible habit that I can't break despite how often I find myself doing that exact same practice.
It's the same here, but the best way to replace an addiction is to replace it with another- I'm using an e reader because literally to lazy to flip through pages in a real book and it works tons for combatting just aimlessly surfing

alCannium27

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It's the same here, but the best way to replace an addiction is to replace it with another- I'm using an e reader because literally to lazy to flip through pages in a real book and it works tons for combatting just aimlessly surfing
I guess the media is just too focused on wars that goes nowhere -- Ukraine is lame and losing support looks like, so they ain't talkin' about it; Israel-Palestine is... messy, let's leave it at that, not so black-and-white. So they had to bullshit abunch of fillers to clog the net with. I suppose most just shut out the noise and everything else along with it.
I mean, are you perhaps more focused on gaming news? Because it does seem pretty boring, with all the AAAs failing, live services dying, my Schadenfreude has been eating well lately... but yeah, if you are interested only in good news, I can understand how it may be boring.

As for things to do, I've been trying out different LLM UIs, the text models are actually pretty good for generating NPC dialogues with the right setup, allow me to emulate chatting with several different persons in a room, so that's been interesting. I've also got a dead fantasy hobby franchise I have devoted a long time into, and have been going back to various physical publications of it to compile a sort of "complete timeline" of things, because I was happy trying to align contradictory events together.

eve

Professional Loser
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
i feel like as a whole the internet just keeps getting more and more boring
in 2020 there wuz a bit of a resurgence simply becuz so many moar ppl were using the internet constantly
but honestly its just not rlly worth a lot of time anymore

Virtual Cafe Awards

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
Yep, almost everyday
i feel like as a whole the internet just keeps getting more and more boring
in 2020 there wuz a bit of a resurgence simply becuz so many moar ppl were using the internet constantly
but honestly its just not rlly worth a lot of time anymore
Yep, agree

yeah... it's boring, because we hangout on it so much, rarely something fun happens. It's like eating the same food everyday, in the beginning it's fun, then it's just boring.

Virtual Cafe Awards

imnotdeadyet

Pseudoanonymized internet husk
Reaction score
Awards
Website
downbytheseaside.neocities.org
Internet for me has been perpetually boring since around 2016, but yeah it seems overly boring this past few days. Luckily I've been too busy to notice all that much.

I think we might all be burnt out on all the sensationalism and current events and wars and AI and all other garbage, that shit does nothing for me at this point. You could tell me we achieved AGI and i wouldn't even flinch. You can tell me only so many "world changing" and "world ending" events before i stop caring. Doesn't help that most modern sites are sad excuses for social media, news aggregators, or link dumps.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Aral

Naval enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aralsheart.ichi.city
Eh, it's been boring for a while now. Others have said it already, but I'll add my voice to the majority because yes, the damn thing is boring. It's probably going to be even more boring as the years go by and it gets more and more sanitized and uniformized. Hell I feel even Agora has been boring lately. It has periods of having hardly any interesting topics. I'm not worried though: the wheel will turn again.

As for the "global" internet, I just indulge in my interests like reading/listening/watching stuff in Portuguese to expose myself to the language and do offline activities like writing, drawing, or some sewing lately. Besides going outside and petting dogs/cats and touching grass.

Virtual Cafe Awards

containercore

The Y2K bug was real, civilization ended in 1999
Reaction score
Awards
Website
brainiacplaza.net
I think the cure for this is buying a comfortable chair and a stack of good books. Whenever I sit down and read for a bit I always kick myself "why was I spending so much time reading retarded nonsense instead of this?"

But it's all designed like a slot machine. Some days the "payout" online is really good, other days you just throw your time straight into the trash can. I have the same bad habit and it's difficult to shake, you get conditioned into becoming an immobile filter feeder if you don't catch yourself.

Virtual Cafe Awards

agoratoad

hello
Reaction score
Awards
Website
basementcommunity.com
i just finished a blog about the topic of the internet being boring after some inspiration from this thread:

"I think there seems to be a weird phenomenon going on right now, where a new online subculture is popping up, full of people who are burnt out on today's Internet and looking for ways to purge themselves of their online accounts, myself included. 2005-2015 is when I would argue were the best years for this subculture. You had cool new social networks popping up like Youtube and Facebook, really addictive games like Runescape, World of Warcraft, Club Penguin, Neopets, and meme culture came in full force with Lolcats and Rage Comics. People online were still more outcast-ish, and it wasn't necsesarily cool to be "terminally online," which is a phrase that you'll hear often today. Being online and part of these communities was new and fun, and there was this feeling of belonging to an "in crowd." It was less formulaic and everything you saw felt new and original."

Ashman

Traversing the electro-astral realm
Reaction score
Awards
Website
deurachavich.moe
People these days are really lame due to high social conscience and most people use the internet daily now, thus the internet is lame. There are some non-lame people like most people in this place (I hope). News are universially lame and a massive waste of time. Ideally you should do stuff IRL, post it on forums and discuss others on it. So do what you think is right IRL and if it is discuss it here

Virtual Cafe Awards
honestly yes usually when I feel this boring feel ing it usually lasts for a day or two but it feels like a long period with nothing fun
noo cool threadds on forums and nothing worthwhile on the big 4chan
I dsunnop hope next weeks gets better

Virtual Cafe Awards