Serial Experiments Lain

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
You might like Satoshi Kon's work (there's lots)
I've also heard good things about boogiepop phantom

Virtual Cafe Awards

cynthiune

DM me cool y2k / tiled desktop wallpapers
Reaction score
Awards
You might like Angel 9, Ghost in the Shell, .hack //SIGN, Perfect Blue and Ergo Proxy
Oh I can't recommend Perfect Blue & Ghost in the Shell enough. <3

Virtual Cafe Awards
What are some shows like this I don't know what it is about this kind of show but I really enjoy it especially the psychological horror part:Lain:
Texhnolyze if you want to see more of Yoshitoshi ABe's character designs but be warned that show is super bleak and is not for the weak hearted.

Other than that. I'd say Patlabors 1 and 2 though they're not much of a psychological horror type but are still big thinky types.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I don't know what it is about this kind of show but I really enjoy it especially the psychological horror
While not an anime, you'll probably really like the 1994 surrealist movie Faust. It has the exact same vibe of Lain where you have no idea what's going on, but love every second of it. Also, combining live action and stop motion is super underrated and works great for surrealist horror. The movie's up on Youtube btw, and I'll also link my favorite scene here. If that scene interests you, you'll likely enjoy the whole movie

View: https://youtu.be/sCPIb1T51Yo

Virtual Cafe Awards

Hraelth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Texhnolyze and Haibane Renmai

Also Boogiepop Phantom.

Virtual Cafe Awards