Values Based Interview(?) Help

FalseReality

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I applied for a team leader job for a kids summer camp called NCS (Brits ur welcome for these guys getting you your career sorted).

They gave me a zoom value based interview next week. What are the correct answers? I know they're looking for someone that does whatever they say but also with naive excited passion.

What specific words do I want to use or imply with my stories? I tend to get a bit too honest by accident and I guess I should nip this skill out of the bud so I can bullshit in interviews whilst phasing out onto some other thought.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Atlas

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
If this advice is worth anything from a random stranger on the internet I'd say try to avoid being completely honest. If you are going to be very honest you might end up selling yourself short, focus on your strong points on what they would like to hear.

I think if you present yourself as a confident, collected, and affable individual you have already fought half the battle. Worrying about specific buzzwords will hold you back because it is the content of your answer they are looking for I'd imagine.

This is tricky. We all censor ourselves at work to some degree. But putting on a persona you despise day after day will eat away at you. If your values are diametrically opposed to theirs it might be best to just not take the job unless you really need the money.

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
"Values-based" makes it sound like they're trying to determine whether you should be allowed around kids or not. Just be honest and ask a lot of questions, try to show them that you actually care about the job. I think that will help you more than any buzzwords.
Make sure your computer has a wired internet connection and that your camera/microphone/lighting are okay before the interview starts. It's easy to get screwed over in remote interviews if you're not careful about that kind of stuff.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Tell them you're a kleptomaniac who's a few drinks away from losing a grip on reality. Or you could just smile, laugh along, and nod in agreement, that might work too. Childcare jobs require patience and a very positive, reaffirming attitude.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3981

Don't think of it as lying or telling the truth. Think of it as "stretching the truth." Take something that really did happen to you and make the things that happened sound more impressive than they really were. Add fake details ONLY if you can answer more questions about those fake details.

The only other advice I'd give with this is to PRACTICE. Write down your answers on a piece of paper. DON'T GET YOUR STORIES MIXED UP. If you contradict yourself, all your answers effectively go in the trash. Look up sample questions related to the job and see sample replies. Focus on that general idea you want to get across and then use a format like CAR (circumstance, action, result).