Z O O M E R W A V E

lets make art like mine
i deleted parts of song to add n o s t a l g i a to it
so can this be its own genre, like
"mem-rot" or?
beggining, song (delete part), beggining, rapid cut (delete)

Virtual Cafe Awards

JihyoParkXX

Scum Fuck Flower Boy
Reaction score
Awards
It kinda already exists with 'slowed down + reverb' edits of contemporary pop music. Millennials made vaporwave using 80s and 90s aesthetics, but what I'm curious about is how gen alpha will be nostalgic for Corporate Memphis and make it cool in 2040 something

vgfu6nk683ib1.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

SpeedSleek

Burning way past cool
Reaction score
Awards
I'm curious about is how gen alpha will be nostalgic for Corporate Memphis and make it cool in 2040 something
There's not a lot of shit that keeps me up at night but this is one of those things.

Virtual Cafe Awards
It kinda already exists with 'slowed down + reverb' edits of contemporary pop music. Millennials made vaporwave using 80s and 90s aesthetics, but what I'm curious about is how gen alpha will be nostalgic for Corporate Memphis and make it cool in 2040 something
i like old memphis, but not the new one
primary colors, shapes ... *(from painting tho, so YBR, not RGB)
also, airbrush arts + geom. shapes, with comps/grids (80s-90s)

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
but what I'm curious about is how gen alpha will be nostalgic for Corporate Memphis and make it cool in 2040 something
There's not a lot of shit that keeps me up at night but this is one of those things.

Kinda makes me want to destroy the world to prevent such an unholy abomination from ever coming into existence.

Virtual Cafe Awards

pronoundisrespecter

Raw Honey Defender
Reaction score
Awards
Frutiger Aero is the best one

Virtual Cafe Awards

GENOSAD

...or something equally edgy.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
genosadness.neocities.org
what I'm curious about is how gen alpha will be nostalgic for Corporate Memphis and make it cool in 2040 something
They'll probably combine it with their nostalgia for nightcore by speeding up music instead of slowing it down.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deerhunter

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
the discussion of gen z not making anything original could honestly make a good aspect into zoomerwave. zoomerwave could be about being lost on just about everything, hobbies, goals, memories, creativity and the motives that are blurred that got us here in the first place. the corporations we see around us are no longer the brands we used to think them as are just fatigue now and blurred into our minds. but i guess that would get the so called "zoomy crybaby 15 year olds" in here which i don't know how to feel about it. i guess time will tell but i like the idea of expressing such feelings in a genre similar to vaporwave.

Virtual Cafe Awards
the discussion of gen z not making anything original could honestly make a good aspect into zoomerwave. zoomerwave could be about being lost on just about everything, hobbies, goals, memories, creativity and the motives that are blurred that got us here in the first place. the corporations we see around us are no longer the brands we used to think them as are just fatigue now and blurred into our minds. but i guess that would get the so called "zoomy crybaby 15 year olds" in here which i don't know how to feel about it. i guess time will tell but i like the idea of expressing such feelings in a genre similar to vaporwave.
i tried, see my soundcloud lol

View: https://soundcloud.com/jur-a-29499395/vaporwave-alice-deejay-better-off-alone?si=9f6dcf219bb549d9864350163832d721&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

View: https://soundcloud.com/jur-a-29499395/i-am_right-way?si=34b62851ae124825a7a4285767481827&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

View: https://soundcloud.com/jur-a-29499395/baby-you-must-not-know-bout-me?si=e028b2bdc6864bf286616fa941f06f81&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

View: https://soundcloud.com/jur-a-29499395/love-me-baby?si=b7d33677a3b94a039cf123d0bc97f0c7&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
I've just listened to this and it strikes me for several reasons:

1) It focuses on the digital glitches of the 00s-10s like vaporwave focuses on tape and vinyl glitches. The sounds are bassboosted and broken and the voices are harsh and blown out.

2) It focuses on the main parts of the song and loops over them.

3) It's from a time period generally considered nostalgic or "old" from the zoomer time period.

When Porcy mentioned it on chat and I heard it I thought immediately of this thread.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ETierhuman

MAIN EVENT ETIER IS NOW IN YOUR FORUM!!!!!
Reaction score
Awards
im on my school laptop rn so let me just make a list.

Things Etierhuman grew up with.

-Fnaf
-VenturianTale
-Gmod
-Jacksepticeye
-mlp
-transformers
-fgteev (if ykyk)
-baldi

now for songs I can name off the top of my head.

-Pompeii, Bastille
-Call me maybe
-shake it off
-gangnam style
-most living tombstone songs
-ransom, lil tecca
-that one overwatch song by tlt
-nightcore, tons of it.
and that's everything rn.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mikadomuncher

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
You could say that frutiger aero is the beginnings of something that could be called zoomerwave, but I feel like a lot of things that zoomers would be nostalgic for kind of clash with frutiger aero. Most of the music that I can think of that came out between 2004 - 2015 was quite energetic, and so were a lot of youtubers and such that zoomers grew up with. Aero in comparison is quite chilled out (take this as an example) so I'm not sure how compatible they both are.

You could say that frutiger aero is the beginnings of something that could be called zoomerwave, but I feel like a lot of things that zoomers would be nostalgic for kind of clash with frutiger aero. Most of the music that I can think of that came out between 2004 - 2015 was quite energetic, and so were a lot of youtubers and such that zoomers grew up with. Aero in comparison is quite chilled out (take this as an example) so I'm not sure how compatible they both are.
idk, maybe it is all personal thing
like, when you dont generalize (this is not attack) whole generation as one stable clump of people...?
there is late gen-z (cca 2000-2004), middle (2004-2008), early (2008-2012) - you can miss what you didnt had (anemoia), listen to girlbands if your sister was millenial or like them, esp. when they start to play them once again ... (avril, corrs, spice girls (1999)...)

Virtual Cafe Awards

MindControlBoxer

Cyberbully
Reaction score
Awards
I feel like zoomer wave would be to feel nostalgic about that period that catered to millenials, like it would be LMFAO remixes and things like bigbang theory instead of seinfeld, occupy wall street instead of 9/11 things like ray Willian Jonson or icarly.

It could be done really tastefully or really disgustingly.

I don't know how to feel about it.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I feel like zoomer wave would be to feel nostalgic about that period that catered to millenials, like it would be LMFAO remixes and things like bigbang theory instead of seinfeld, occupy wall street instead of 9/11 things like ray Willian Jonson or icarly.

It could be done really tastefully or really disgustingly.

I don't know how to feel about it.
zilennial?

Virtual Cafe Awards