Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Technically yes, although not any of my old ones.

I try to update my Shiori profile at least once a month. I've already decided which sprites I want to use for which seasons.
View attachment 36127

I also have some other pictures I want to use for profiles, but I don't actively use enough sites to warrant it.
View attachment 36129
View attachment 36130
View attachment 36132
View attachment 36133
View attachment 36134
View attachment 36136

I also have some album covers to use as avatars, in case I ever visit a site where people aren't as hospitable towards anime profiles
View attachment 36125
View attachment 36124
View attachment 36135
>changing profile picture to slightly different picture of the same girl depending on month
There is no neurotypical explanation for this, however that is actually quite nice. That is the kind of autism that I can get behind.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Technically yes, although not any of my old ones.

I try to update my Shiori profile at least once a month. I've already decided which sprites I want to use for which seasons.
I like it! The change of clothes makes it seem very organic in a sense. I wish I could get good at drawing sooner to do shit like this.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Centaur no Nayami screencap dump.

Screenshot (87).png

Screenshot (85).png
Screenshot (84).png
Screenshot (82).png
Screenshot (86).png

Screenshot (80).png

Overall it's very shitty, I got up to EP 3 and I don't think I'll watch anymore. But it's sort of so bad is good.

It has a very weird, not subtle, preachy, anti-racism theme... Mostly always followed up by weird sexual fetish jokes. If the writers can't take their work seriously and with respect, why should the viewer? I get that this sort of anime is aimed at horny, centaur fetish, tweens... Which is what makes its didactic feel so weird. Haha racism bad, here's a joke about incests and how centaur girl can't wipe herself.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Centaur no Nayami screencap dump.

View attachment 36214

View attachment 36216View attachment 36217View attachment 36218View attachment 36215
View attachment 36219

Overall it's very shitty, I got up to EP 3 and I don't think I'll watch anymore. But it's sort of so bad is good.

It has a very weird, not subtle, preachy, anti-racism theme... Mostly always followed up by weird sexual fetish jokes. If the writers can't take their work seriously and with respect, why should the viewer? I get that this sort of anime is aimed at horny, centaur fetish, tweens... Which is what makes its didactic feel so weird. Haha racism bad, here's a joke about incests and how centaur girl can't wipe herself.
this looks like this "shovel ware" type anime where there's like 20 shows each season that feel/look like this and I don't even notice them anymore.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
this looks like this "shovel ware" type anime where there's like 20 shows each season that feel/look like this and I don't even notice them anymore.
It is the definition of shovelware anime lmao. But I like watching that sort of mediocre stuff. I think you learn a lot more about genre tropes and assumptions by watching generic shit. Sort of like how you learn a lot of a culture not by reading about it, or by hanging around that culture's intellectual circles, but by experiencing the mundane things that culture offers.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Tari Tari screencap dump.

It's a very generic but well made wholesome coming-of-age story... So the sort of thing that bores me to death. But at least its not pretentious. I dropped it around EP 6. Not sure if I will continue watching it. Maybe if I watched this when I was a teenager it would've felt more interesting.

Speaking about stuff I find interesting, the main moe girl is a sort of lolcow. She wants to be in a choir but is sort of traumatized because she did an epic fail on a live-recorded choir concert and her EPIC FAIL became a viral meme thing. I think this came out in like 2011? So I guess that plotline was innovative for its time? Idk, I haven't seen that specific trope in any other anime, though I the 'not wanting to pursue your dreams for fear of repeating failure' is a common narrative starting point.

I think this anime is forgotten af, but I'm no anime historian so idk. It's kinda sad because I can't fault it on anything really, it doesn't have any big writing frustrations... Though it's also not remarkable in any way. Maybe it's just me, but I tend to remember bad things way more than okay things when something okay probably deserves to be remembered more than something bad.

I have my personal qualms with these sort of coming of age flower of youth sort of anime, though they empathize with your average teenage struggle first world drama, as someone who had very depressing teenage years, this sort of wholesome but sincere 'kitsch' feels too sanitized. Though I'm a grandpa and hate cynical narratives even more.

Also, some of the side characters speak Spanish. That's cool.

Screenshot (31).png
Screenshot (30).png
Screenshot (32).png
Screenshot (41).png
Screenshot (40).png
Screenshot (38).png
Screenshot (50).png
Screenshot (45).png
Screenshot (36).png
Screenshot (34).png
Screenshot (33).png
Screenshot (42).png