Is autism overdiagnosed?

• Thread starter Aral
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 4547 times.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I say this with particular importance because the western traditions and cultures have poisoned people into fighting each other, and not aspiring towards greatness, cultivating a great amount of Freudian-style sexual fetishism, which promotes untermenschen, slave-morality-like behaviours, while averting men from ubermenschen master morality-like behaviours. People also further confuse Nietzsche to be a nihilist, but really he sees the western tradition for what it is, life-denying
The issue is that dude's using sticks to fight each other instead of using sticks to prop up each is a human universal and not a particular sickness of a western fetish. The west is violent, untermenschen compared to what exactly? I'm not sure this society were most people just don't fight and get along has ever existed tbh. As for Nietzche, wasn't he a big fan of Greek myths? He certainly had a lot of contempt for what he identified as the sickness of slave-morality that Christianity had generated. But I like to believe our sickness has to do with modernism than with slave-morality, which sublimates the ubermensch at every turn.

Virtual Cafe Awards

UCD

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Nowadays if you are good at anything or have an obsession, and have below average social skills, people just say that's autism, as if normal people can't be dedicated or skilled.

autism is a "spectrum" because there is no clear distinctions between autism and normal people, there are very obviously autistic people, nonverbal or verbal, and then there are people that you could argue are autistic using the known symptoms, but have no identifiable disabilities or differences from other socially inept people. My personal theory is that autism is due to the extreme fine tuning the human social structure has undergone throughout our evolution. There is natural variation in human traits, but our social fine tuning makes any deviation in social functioning unacceptable. Extreme low functioning autism with otherwise normal iqs is real, but seems to be a defect resulting from the complexity of the brain, basically, the more complex the machine, the easier it malfunctions, and when it develops wrong with most of the pieces still in place, you get autism.

The era of internet induced mental illness is something else entirely. There always used to be weird social rejects, but now they are getting completely dysfunctional because they are lost in echo chambers and cycles of endless retardation. Most of the internet is made up of people talking and thinking way more than would ever be healthy about completely useless topics, and actively ruining their lives.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
As a neurodivergent person who's so mentally unstable i need 4 different kind meds a day to just keep my head over my shoulders, i have to give my opinion on this.
and that is.

Duke Nukem needs a new videogame
2cb6ed4e978d06accf47de1173c59429.jpg

Screen_Shot_2022-05-24_at_11.06.45_AM.jpg

EbiOVUuUcAAM1Ay.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

4d1

net spelunker
Reaction score
Awards
It dovetails a bit with my post of a few months ago about neurodivergence being the new cool stuff to be diagnosed with, but I see so many people being diagnosed late with autism, and that generally my generation (zoomers) seems obsessed with autism. It looks like the era of diagnosing every kid who is being a kid with ADHD is over, now everyone and their mother has autism.

It makes me wonder whether there are truly more autistic people that weren't detected before or simply if it's another overdiagnosed condition like ADHD. Trauma can make you display symptoms that can seem autistic and the culture we live in seems to increase the risks of autistic-like behaviour (tech addiction, especially in young children, who magically seem to lose their autism and catch back up on language and social skills once you take them off Cocomelon and daddy's phone/iPad), not to mention the norms' goalposts being constantly moved and the very unnatural behaviours and habits the society we live in imposes on us. Autism is now a spectrum, not so much a condition in itself, and I feel iffy about it: that means more and more of the population who doesn't stand this very unnatural way of being could fall under 'autistic spectrum disorder', which would imply that THEY are the ones with a problem, when in fact it's the society we live in that has a problem and repeatedly and chronically traumatizes us and keeps us in a state of constant hypervigilance.

On one hand I think some people, especially women and girls, fall under the radar and are truly autistic, but on the other, it feels like there are way too many autistics diagnosed for it to be "real". I don't put into question the reality of autism itself, don't get me wrong (although I don't think many people would get me wrong on here, it's not Twatter where they literally analyze your tweet just to find something to reproach you or attack you about, but just in case...) simply questioning whether it's truly autism in the majority of cases or something else. It can even be a completely logical and normal reaction to a very illogical and abnormal environment. We aren't so different from our cavemen ancestors, despite what modernity wants to push on us.

What do you think? I condensed my thinking a bit in this post as to not make a huge ass wall of text, and also because I'm not sure whether I'm saying bullshit or saying something that holds truth.
atp i sometimes feel like the whole mentally illness thing is a psyop of sorts, especially with autism. there's almost an agenda which pushes for it - i remember in school in an assembly they were saying things like "if you sit with an arched back, you might have autism". like, what? how does that correlate?

evolutionarily, people with high pattern recognition for example (another symptom they mentioned) would have an advantage for survival. but now when people have anxiety and knee jerking and struggle to integrate due to the isolationism of society due to not having regular physical and social activity in the real world, and then eating high sugar diets and having their dopamine receptors fried by modern social media like tiktok, "oh no! you must have this illness that is uncurable but you can find healthy *coping mechanisms* for it and also might want to take these drugs that alter your mental state!"

adhd and autism naturally overlaps, and i feel like the real problem is that we live in a sickened society. the mental illness idea is a poor band aid that people are trying to use as an excuse for the fact they either dont know or dont want to admit that the modern way of living, at least in many western societies, does not work for a healthy wellbeing.

of course everyone is going to have some form of "neurodivergence", because everyone has a brain, and everyone is different, so therefore everyone's brain is different. the schizo ideas of mine that its some form of control to convince people that they are powerless and its their mental illness that causes them problems, not their lack of personal accountability or ability to persevere and realise hard truths.

i'm convinced we'll end up like Brave New World/The Giver/Equilibrium where there's gonna be a "magic mental illness drug" that makes everyone docile and happy all the time on command/as part of a daily routine, and eventually people will no longer have the same level of agency over themselves, one of the few things left that we can control. we already have no agency over our food, our house. we already apply countless chemicals for hygiene, that could easily be used as entry points. whos to say that we wont all be convinced that the few bad things that we have experienced ("trauma", which should be reserved for war vets or people who have seen genuinely fucked up stuff) mean we need to be sedated to stop the "bad thoughts/reaction" of human agency so we can become even better productivity robots

but anyway that's not to say i dont think cases of psychosis, for example, aren't classed as mental illness. i feel like the fact that that is under the same category of issue as some of these, what i say are natural reactions to the environment around them, is a bit weird. i've been told i'm autistic or depressed but i won't have it. i'm simply just perceptive, able to formulate ideas in a way that most people cannot, and realise that there are many issues because i can recognise them from dystopic movies, books, or video games and human behaviour i feel within myself

sorry for the massive paragraph and possibly schizo thoughts but its something i think about a lot, and i'm here so i guess the schizo aspect is a given lol

Attachments

• mental1.png
    mental1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
  • mental2.png
    mental2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 56

4d1

net spelunker
Reaction score
Awards
Around ~17 I had an epiphany that if I went to enough psychologists I would get a diagnosis eventually, that was a fact. "To what end is this for?" I asked myself. Admittedly, probably so I could blame my shortcomings on a disorder, which would effectively offload my personal responsibility to change and mature.
i have a cousin who has literally done this

she got an adhd diagnosis and now uses it for all her problems. "oh sorry that's just my adhd! oopsie!"

and yeah, she's a zoomer, at 16. checks out.

mean we need to be sedated to stop the "bad thoughts/reaction" of human agency so we can become even better productivity robots
excuse for "bad apples" in class...
throwing baby with the water - this generalization, where all nuances and real illnesses are gone, as way of (this excuse) "selling solution for problem they made".
i dont believe it is so sinister or that big pharma and whatever works like this, or even CRT/CT... what of it? money? yeah maybe. yet, if you destroy people only so much, they will start to self-destruct themselves and stop to buy , no??

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
i'm convinced we'll end up like Brave New World/The Giver/Equilibrium where there's gonna be a "magic mental illness drug" that makes everyone docile and happy all the time on command/as part of a daily routine, and eventually people will no longer have the same level of agency over themselves
100%
With Gene-editing and shit like neuralink it can be much more pervasive then "dont forget to take your pills".
It sucks we'd sooner alter our humanity than change the system that makes us miserable.

It's already so pervasive. So many people taking anti-depressents, or adderalls, not because they're actually depressed or they can't actually focus, but because the system they take part in is fucking miserable and the work they have to 'focus' on is menial and not important.

The framework for the "magic mental illness drug" is already in place, it just needs to be scaled up.
We ought to try hard to make a difference before then.
There ought to be a path to mental liberation for people to take.

Virtual Cafe Awards
yeah
It sucks we'd sooner alter our humanity than change the system that makes us miserable.
,known under detegotarory (you know what i mean but i forgot how to spell it) terms "harry potter liberal"/"orange emily"/ or "it is easier to imagine end of the world than end of capitalism"

Virtual Cafe Awards

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
The issue is that dude's using sticks to fight each other instead of using sticks to prop up each is a human universal and not a particular sickness of a western fetish. The west is violent, untermenschen compared to what exactly? I'm not sure this society were most people just don't fight and get along has ever existed tbh. As for Nietzche, wasn't he a big fan of Greek myths? He certainly had a lot of contempt for what he identified as the sickness of slave-morality that Christianity had generated. But I like to believe our sickness has to do with modernism than with slave-morality, which sublimates the ubermensch at every turn.
I didn't make myself clear when I said fighting each other. They're fighting each other from within and destroying themselves. Warfare and conflict is a universal constant, yes. On the point of western fetishism, you see that in the origin point of psychology being Freud with his sexual theories of psychology, and you get to see them playing out in how far too many people put sexuality as identity as an important element of the human psyche. I don't deny it's importance, but I don't think it's the most important thing- the most important thing being what creates a life-affirming life. The reason Nietzsche is confused so often as a Nihilist, is because he's a destructive philosopher, who spends so much time focusing on damning all those philosophies, creeds, religions and beliefs that lead to life-denial(and he proposes extremely weak life-affirming replacements).

Nietzsche is a critic of both the Ubermenschen and Untermenschen styles of life, seeing a balance as preferable- with the Ubermensch you have wanton cruelty and misanthropy coming out, and with the untermensch you have all the issues of the slave morality present- doubly so by the organised control of organised religions. Nietzsche was a fan of the Greek myths, and you see that in the recurring theme of Dionysus and Apollo- how he favours the good balance between the 2 elements within. If you look into slave-morality, how it's a reactionary knee-jerk morality created in opposition to master-morality. Modernity just makes slave morality more convenient, conditioned, from cradle to grave-- those few using master-morality are arguably the Jews(recognising the lesser races as gentiles), Mormons, Amish, the scant few Anarchists who practice their beliefs and of course the Technocrats.

Virtual Cafe Awards

housepoopr

100% I believe this, but also, I am/have been diagnosed as a high functioning autist. I think that it's become a problem that young people latch on to for a sense of identity, when in reality it's not easy. I bother people with this problem, and I always have. I have found that other people who may be high functioning are attracted to others who are like them.
I basically have techniques that I use to interact with others. They don't necessarily describe who I am, nor are they necessarily characters, but they are conscious choices to act in a certain manner to avoid social difficulties.

Most people are who they are. I am effectively not lying but not being fully honest either. I am awkward at times, and my humor can be off putting, and I can be repetitive and other people don't really like that. I can hyper-fixate on something that I am interested in, like politics, or conspiracy, and ruin or strain relationships around me or even just drive people away.

I dislike that people are using it to seem weird or quirky or different, but at the same time, it's possible that there are a lot more autists than we previously thought, and it might be the flouride in the water doing it.

In short, you are definitely correct, there is a social contagion for this, but it's also at least in my mind, and anecdotal, completely un-researched opinion, plausible that the government is manufacturing autists that would have developed otherwise normally by including carcinogens that have risks of developmental disorders in our water supply.

@housepoopr got it

Seen some tweet, or was it Tweet of Tumblr?
It was about how some people, weirdos (real and made), schuzos and ADHD too, can use astrology, labels and pseudoscience as means of communication and getting together... Will send the pic when I will find it

here:
JNdvx07518KvZXyH2I0pHpiOXJKdMpYzYvweU1gwvJB_7m2D3nbbyUcJRK2ogRZmdFjcxBQlRZSTPriEKvj75aoNA5wmKbfcVOvHna6M-W55ZQgGFz22Pq1O9m7FS9c3GWJZaVI7QYfq6ap87tr5lEXzHEB_FQHkrF7F2s4yMI3AsFSUFzh1TC6JDyqXawOE8V-ArvtFYovG-G5rwx4yH7kG9PqgdIVA7IBaOqmMalYd-AgdhDgOJouPN5l2IOrghpfznNKV95TZW5Mu2B769fiWrdSegxJ9Gb6gkuT5h4jL5gKLvaRK-QwpnqMHT8CMdGwIQflRNZM43rSYxMIft7JXWZXMs2Bjmnlr2zqXNrmlOJoA1y8qfU2Pm9L0qoBEPRXS4NtW0x8rPasizdBxweFPPnjX3BpKrL8YQv0gGGwO0Rinc0-8r_7Cb_UDg4rKqqyzlt505YYaSEAvQzSDAzOmmGPKbcGriwLDmz8PaTRQcYhGpHXvLUSW0zjEo6ZCtXQTvOnX9Akg2XKMufensOq5SUTycK_-RT7_Vt3vc9dalDJaj5nVGREYwbUH5DP323UzTl4gFJLE9zfIMiVdj-xvsod8z3iONg_SkuJlIYc6MLyhyEQJbXeY88H0kzDBMzCKQLTMIR5QkQ6KN3mcX8NA56JiuFoWYUsxsv4PJUJ2PEYlbdy7-P9wBlWlye7TyA0XABxoEZWVmNlGrdpx0QYpNkmvzSYsgiuEV5_YPmaUSu8ntNwc_IOc6zIu0qyTD4p9onFA4C-PihhDSg6DpX9AO4NZkbdl4FahaJMF8uF1RAkp-axgw672cJcEbKoxgFn1shzokfrHYxj7Fnx5KGfxiV0pmFQK66NAQaf6oYT585dVvCyGRLkg5NEYRZ2DZ8goPbTQ1xQOyraaheWX5RIKiiNbY5LScB3Jx-lm2e0Y=w766-h625-s-no

ApNmCMNOl8HSeGCmRiVvWlIj1dfyojgG8aPF5fa2C1SiMT1t4dIwZ08vtSrCE4_dtUOpKMoKFTp4UAXksXTrJJ2ZNDFjQD6maVmbaGTyx6T1K_qrCBihvdrpIFK7QeRHFIltY8W1M0oGoLyJ8IvhwG0rAjFsEgxJipr1lMUlo2zZ7s5pdZAOpZsSJqs4MVYKDXD1bTSJkUXCwQ85PoKJuT3-al_km7Bemk_YcyneYt_uitadOaxY77G9rvBEu5onHMTXMV7oP3TxNkWv8KTloMcT1Bdzoh7hu49JGWubyp3TySRaC0XqJjxwc08SEa-yuk3xtdGM7hi9KS2rBFVHhxXpkayuIbfmJdVzrRAL4LhRiBr73wKRbkr7mdVnMc4ZmMCPa4ohFwoX39eKJf7zu2DVOOtTqcoaaHetVhs1ce3-p4zfpCzsqIL2LJirPXJNeSAtM6bZyCu4yZRE3FGI6eAmLos41kTlCuBN9M9Z7coDS-L8J_yhpMUanexf-nraKess_jb4NMFVeTewSwPv1aQXcx2RiNoQ9FqDn6M5xZMqPPDR0ugijPlsAaMFtPs_mH2IsCU8T9K62A5ljCdT2QFNte2muXcm2id5TNhi5A5CgPmibS271SiDIFI_bhsWrr7nLA7tC--C_G7vVIjEYVH055Dlqy9lsV4ddlP0sTQwZ4rDOQfykYXzWAk7ApWTsPVl6XaE3UwJl_G1UJnuH14eq74HKGRBJLaSqnzydq0vp6gbOVReciTlAKOCF_M4U0MzZlfhJ1YBAAXQjV3su6-LflgufgP3ZDbEv44xaUxxHJKu1DXbmoxmobcktaoW9UwawdHEtaDkX4BW9lzzMSIHbR4IqSUm4KLNA3FxibQ1xUX6i4W_B3fD0EXy02-GhDCEdQOajNIiLg-WQwDuMWLIamr5xzYBLM4OJDrvfXX3=w766-h625-s-no

mild-rel: (aaaah embeds fails)
CYYCvh2d6c4xrFsuWFapL_-1rO1snnQrlmmD2bLuBn-iKe908oEcKHM1QHR6_AE3PukfBNnNTlREryqiV0QeXGFdoGOH9jDHDmVNmaj9YxTsJjE0Mu3MoN-vak71Hy-bvnENgroU-Thw3y--gfL-YOVjinutlATxam38W2NtpWOq9Iwxz5JLUAon5ziKF7oiJmncsk8dduVBE8NMKPdqC6UYLJ3-ezMKqCTw5cf1Fp0Cmgf-z6wPokTdvPMw_WKk1AJ5Rhu_DvYLiq4APDZkhD3LW9iKU_dBEVppEu3mYUna-DoZyfAoN-33wI9MCNMlY_DiocmYHEVaZzzh97zIplUcERJunSAe3xhqGhbA-TG5-fY6N_-N8aeV8atqHa-D8deH8pJjfOcuqdYlY7NAq76vsOxwTtfCJ-xkfcsuRZuyOmPev2tRPkr5BC4c-p1-whZk5geT0EsRKGeRo8N_M7KrHElMH_LtAOcSoYWUnonrLu4Xt-GwyIKtrTCsd4yIkKCugzXxEv1x7DrDk_5gooOictejHO6vrSXB-BYJueGJR7XQl4XGk6iUDa2gLUwHxfE0qQz6ilWwFIeAIjvnarKFHch-FkrrZBE3hbDa-_LZTucpthXtArQKPdAZtmKpJz_Pi6W_nWXE9c1nfWrlSuaDetaQxbqv8g39TOwmxFFJA1ww4tayPMCSxeePJz22w203Nv1gDT1fhE_oK0h3ksfY67zEwzp5N32otdxylScImw1RGGSFohgR-JbxrnZkSEzVuyBtYfqNv85X7w5zQ06hjqsTvOGH9BGYICejV4bGhaGi9JxxQ3wCBWxSvLOplD-wMzG9Jn4zBhVYY5ool3h54-tWzH-FwtV8eRCefrokWydotQIU39bbQSjg8V-NfHt81lixwIbTwdNCCpTTeXB7LL4XoFVs-XT2FVI0xU0E=w352-h625-s-no

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
In short, you are definitely correct, there is a social contagion for this, but it's also at least in my mind, and anecdotal, completely un-researched opinion, plausible that the government is manufacturing autists that would have developed otherwise normally by including carcinogens that have risks of developmental disorders in our water supply.
which lead me to this what i got saved for whatever reason:
AtFaebtTLITRr5wlkhASQDl6lzWapkXOjknCqCdPLoXtv5IOgHXoNXiS4fB8VbBymWP0oMnYAvYab86NnEYvRkXVC4lWTuVTBZ4AW3oPRFtcUaxgN8B7cEt69K2qzXKxL0-gMt4Ua7BuCM5t7KjkH9MCePk_O0xTcJJ39ugAU5yMz3iJ0GlCQKBWYPvFIuHgzPyIiOCfTtg6A-A5bbsMfqWb7WWd5VS0QVCtN97O-jD9V8qogMgfWyik6SRXzCQ2p6JGH-M87UAPUqZaOx6UqeAbrR8GYDmQdB9mvrVQnHUf0Sus0beVbQn3TYfKYbIEMfHJtPEKfnT7WXIyTD7fsIgJIAgDIl1X4K66ewrnO-v7B9zAc8Onpiizn1TMzDRp6QqcYlrCqzw0YyVB-icN48B7GxRZJ160CxICz-JoJ8zoZKkHHKNG3Psz7cD8DrkILP3vo0JkfUjYd-_Xh5syboGeJS834iaTwO4C62M6ym50dUbWftV86OsoHKbEQtmJz6oydPOHajbvsCETiYhL_dR6S5BqRUaregym6f4HlU5aOBDyBsaa8prvXDq3_S_NKw92UdM3YyHavnD0eJzq2H1WT6dRtIn0NSZDjJfGA3a9KpMV0-ARk62MXocPq5812tFu2PQUkwIsz76GV_HLqi93Oti-FWlK7pZOU8WXrBPTFUUCs8ZEWA_jBa3h79pPP4HTdNKN8ZHWP0qWKd405KLLJc6xArMtqGXaMNCmYZ8u8yVSXVektWwvO-BfnAO_wxQ8YQDSZVnEBUfj5H-DWeNa1YjfGDpaNl-jYYfjkrRQzcVYqRY6qqdU7Byb-qqDW6eTbx6od4MLOx6g9h1AGETTkA-588n4u0vYoNE_AdtxeegvLQaLNgF-y50P_KctaAgM1ky2wFDJNRTeDtQIobH-Sy-AlGFd1tU3XmYivjcF=w352-h625-s-no

if they are flawed arguments, i am sorry, things are rarely that simple...
MRbtzdquaEOVlkYsUwweC_68L-m4hXrjeW2PnWgc_vC5VgqrBzHnBR3EzIEWTY1EJHcozR2q1cjLvETuQAV8ujS19hNz9QqUPZ4GSwsJEzRFXCzRP16hq4gquxq98NLdBqfKk0lSS60L96rB81dbYaqgAnxs9Vluz9-0ILFkSnts4ueMuCkMHFGGj8KZ_o63c0V2oKQSnZ9OU-T8_UQnuKsrl1b1HJp9shWqC2lEKcAm1u-_2MWx4ZhHAHLmr4n9FWy5LL8sEF6njtlGKaDwfwzYh26aK7wHrI9RI9uuDZymz1RmjCitbuBNHg0-gc5IL_ItjCr6LSFnQ35De_JJNYbmn8Za0gmk5uA2Eq_evpMPRMCHg2bEx4E68vXsJq-qqXY31LLiocn1WUUb8YfyHXAuvAHf21qSGMrR0Vqc1r_VyR_lRpvsu0fZDM9fffYd_LRgZMokdI2V3EpqmsAtevHAWthOCrN3ms_onc0R3hVOALyxJI7jImlHHOD9l8x-QVVs1Z5b-bRJNO-gAryq5KHWgBeu4kZnl1EkvMoGf-RLsxtxuwdZ6FmrmSLPqqeXMPXY-vzcu8DR0rrdvTxLVn1BCRTqivpNaO81YjcHCgB0OhKFIhMILqF3q7WaTLWoxtXIpaOQeTeuq_t1SiUJpIaVKMwtrjODPD3wX375AciScT2sCwONBzK738rzu-O00---hJr3CtIb8x1-GLZ_Q125D1sljAJ6-hSW9JqD-Eylbe3PRb8TX9tSUzCDqBjDaNL3HBUPuwhRmtdqY3lVkZGEjkxgaXyTlYlJejksIRMTdBiIe_SA2wGtkaaXFCLUoi2yu4JLjR1-3_gvtpBl9RL1tS2q0MsDK0FspeGdWGtdknAy-5w2L-ia2mAuT7Y1XKstB4IGd9rohGQRWusZWVnMn_GaYzdfmex9N8FK86Nq=w1072-h625-s-no

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

greyetch

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
grwfoote.bandcamp.com
sorry for the massive paragraph and possibly schizo thoughts but its something i think about a lot, and i'm here so i guess the schizo aspect is a given lol
First of all - great post. Secondly, nice addition with the memes.

I have a sort of weird experience with mental illness. I agree with everything you're saying, but I also have major depression. The thing is - I've had an *extremely* fortunate life with little to no childhood trauma. Yet I was suicidal by middle school. Why? I had no real stress. My family is great, parents are together, had friends, played sports, played in a band on the weekends at bars. So why was my brain constantly saying "fuck this, not worth it, kill yourself" at every minor inconvenience?

I got put on SSRIs and dude - life changing. I'm convinced that this is what most people feel like. I'm not more "happy", I just am not overwhelmed with a constant feeling of doom. I can say "ah fuck, this sucks" then fix whatever sucks, as opposed to "this sucks, I'm ignoring it and laying in bed".

I believe I am like the poster boy for the idea of "chemical imbalance". Literally ZERO things went wrong in my life, I can think of no reason for such intense suicidal ideation at that age, especially given the circumstances of my life and future. Funny enough - the idea of depression being a chemical imbalance is losing traction among psychiatrists.

Part of me wants to get off of SSRIs because I just kinda "feel" like it is bad/wrong. Like I'm literally dependent on them. Which I am. If I forget to take them for 2 days I get brain zaps (feels like lagging/rubberbanding randomly, but irl).

So I'm stuck on the fence with all of this. SSRIs have GREATLY improved my quality of life. But that is just me - and my situation is probably somewhat unique.

Idk why I'm sharing, but hey, thanks for reading my blog I guess.

depressed black and white GIF

Virtual Cafe Awards

Aral

Naval enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aralsheart.ichi.city
it's also at least in my mind, and anecdotal, completely un-researched opinion, plausible that the government is manufacturing autists that would have developed otherwise normally by including carcinogens that have risks of developmental disorders in our water supply.
Reminds me of the chemicals in the water making the frogs gay or something, but the best thing is, I find it rather plausible as well. I think it'd be Big Pharma though, not the government. I don't think governments have any interest in creating more autists, unlike Big Pharma.

Virtual Cafe Awards

greyetch

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
grwfoote.bandcamp.com
Reminds me of the chemicals in the water making the frogs gay or something, but the best thing is, I find it rather plausible as well. I think it'd be Big Pharma though, not the government. I don't think governments have any interest in creating more autists, unlike Big Pharma.
@housepoopr didn't say the GOV was doing it intentionally.

Also - we're on the agora, we all know big pharma is just like big oil and big tobacco, etc. They are bigger and more powerful than any individual government. They're an international cartel.

Illuminati Conspiracy GIF

Virtual Cafe Awards

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Just like the Trans fad its also cool, mysterious and "unique" to be an savant. TikTok is a main drive for that, as there are often waves of "This is what my autism looks like" and its a video of an highly kempt and quite attractive girl doing mundane and quirky things, like that one video where a girl cant control her shaky hands when listening to music she likes.

So because you see someone attractive and desirable claiming shes an autist it obviously gets romanticised. Partly because teens are chronically online and also because, and this is on the meta plane, young men in todays world have quite the issues in finding a girl so romanticising an autist they get the believe they can fairly easily get a girl like this since they must not have as high and arguably unobtainable standard as normal girls. Another example is sweet anita. Very big cleavage, attractive face and also allegedly suffering from tourettes (although many claim she is faking it). Of course she has an majority male following. And all those males like her because due to her perceived "broken" condition she must be easier to obtain.

Whereas teen girls see yet another trend, another unique thing to have, another aesthetic to revolve your entire persona around (just like how every girl is now gay, bi or asexual). And why not? That little shaky hands girl with cut eyebrows got 320Million likes after all, she must have it good. So why not fake it, or even worse, manifest some sort of "quirky" autism into existence.

Virtual Cafe Awards

housepoopr

@housepoopr didn't say the GOV was doing it intentionally.

Also - we're on the agora, we all know big pharma is just like big oil and big tobacco, etc. They are bigger and more powerful than any individual government. They're an international cartel.

Illuminati Conspiracy GIF
Oh dear my friends. I wish I didn't know the things I know. Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big Gov, Big Tobacco, Big Finance, Bankers, Globalists. It's always the same group of people at the end of the day, all of them run the world together. The Synagogue of Satan. They say they are them, but are they not. Revelations 2:9, 3:9
Bible is always correct my brothers.
That's besides the point. I wonder if they want to diagnose the population that they intend to disarm. I am right wing, but I know some of the RINO turncoats in power now would bend over backwards to have disarm anyone with autism or adhd if they could to please their masters.

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Oh dear my friends. I wish I didn't know the things I know. Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big Gov, Big Tobacco, Big Finance, Bankers, Globalists. It's always the same group of people at the end of the day, all of them run the world together. The Synagogue of Satan. They say they are them, but are they not. Revelations 2:9, 3:9
Bible is always correct my brothers.
That's besides the point. I wonder if they want to diagnose the population that they intend to disarm. I am right wing, but I know some of the RINO turncoats in power now would bend over backwards to have disarm anyone with autism or adhd if they could to please their masters.

Juden. Its always jews. But dont be so fast in quoting the bible, for its the greatest and most sinister invention of the jew to subvert the goyim.

Virtual Cafe Awards