Confess your video games sins

god_is_bread

Camus' impersonator
Reaction score
Awards
I never finished Deus Ex.
Lol same, I'm actually playing it right now and it seems a real pain in the ass. Is it really that much of a stealth game btw or am I just awful at it? Also, what's up with the hundreds of controls, if I had sex with my cousin my children would still not have enough fingers to play this game.

Lol same, I'm actually playing it right now and it seems a real pain in the ass. Is it really that much of a stealth game btw or am I just awful at it? Also, what's up with the hundreds of controls, if I had sex with my cousin my children would still not have enough fingers to play this game.
There's a bazillion ways to solve every level. Stealth helps but you can go full retard and just blast your way through if you really want.

Also, I just thought of a new confession:
I thought Portal 2 kind of sucked. Portal 1 was the perfect game. The writing was tight, the levels were perfectly crafted, and the game ended precisely when it needed to. Portal 2 beats every joke and gameplay gimmick into the ground, through the Earth's core and out into space.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Max Chill

Involuntary Hikikomori
Reaction score
Awards
My character in Morrowind, Avras Telvanni, used to "free" Khajiit and Argonian slaves by training his Hand-to-Hand skill on them.

P.S. Never ask him why he's good at throwing hands,

Virtual Cafe Awards

Drifloon

Computer
Reaction score
Awards
My PS4 came with a download code for COD:MW2 but the sticker on the code peeled the paper it was on off. I was upset about it at the time but I didn't care that much for it because I mostly bought a PS4 for different games and just decided at the last moment I'd get a bundle because why not. I was planning on buying the Steam Deck recently but it's sold out, leaving me with more money than expected and more free time so I decided I'd buy COD:MW2 on my PS4 to see if the game was really good or not.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
Games like "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" are what I'm talking about.
How can you not use a guide on a game like that? I tried to play it and refused to ever use a guide. I spent hours at the first screens of the levels and got nowhere and decided screw this, this is not fun or interesting.
Shit game, and a disappointing story!

Virtual Cafe Awards

MisterSeen

Cup and Ball Hog
Reaction score
Awards
My first time ever playing Doom was on the SNES.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fTKGsq5Oa4

What can I say? I was a dumb kid who didn't know any better. I actually really enjoyed it at the time, so much so that I got my hands on the original DOS version, which I obviously kept playing instead. I went back to the SNES port recently out of curiosity... it's even worse than it looks. There's nearly a second of delay between a button press and it registering as an input. I can still appreciate it today as a seriously impressive technical feat, but as a game, it's borderline unplayable.

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
I have implemented a telemetry module in not one but TWO RPG Makers games. It is designed to record every choice the player makes.

I would not be suprised if those two indie games were the only RPG Maker games with telemetry in considering its not a thing that exists by default.

Marmot

Were it so easy
Reaction score
Awards
- Almost all of my Xbox 360 games were pirated before chipping no longer worked.

- I always run away and hide when I'm invaded in Fromsoft games because it's just fucking annoying and wish I could play alone or with my friends in private.

- I spent way too much time and money on League of Legends.

- I save scum a lot. Trying to correct my ways right now.

- I never played the Metal Gear Solid games, Sonic, Banjo Kazooie, Pacman, GoldenEye, Zelda, Metroid, Duke Nukem, Final Fantasy, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and probably many more classics.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

+ I peaked plat in LOL, despite pouring my life at that game i still suck
+I savescum in wesnoth
+in Crawl, i only play minatour fighter because it is simple
+I never killed more than 3 bosses in any DS game, i played 1 2 3 and demon souls.
+i didn't get the true ending in bloodstained ROTN because the game was boring
+I ran a scamring in Metin2. I would put 10 items side by side in shop but make one of them 100 times more expensive than others and people would buy all of them without realising one of them is really expensive. I got soo many death threats because of this.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Emmy Fitz

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I own probably like 200 games, digital and physical, and have only beaten maybe 5 of them.

I shot him.. It was an accident I swear. Didn't know you could kill him. Felt like dogpoofor the rest of the day
View attachment 67485
Same, it was near the end on the island and I legit felt bad the rest of the day.

Virtual Cafe Awards

MindControlBoxer

Cyberbully
Reaction score
Awards
I wasted a lot of time playing the sims as a kid

First time I played msg3 I got trapped in the section you gotta dress up like raiden so I just kept going back and forth for maybe a month.

When I was younger i played a lot of dating sims, from when I was 9 to when I was 14 I must've played 100+

I think most jrpgs are boring and never played any final fantasy.

Every single game I owned on the ps2 was a copy.

I used to play age of empires 1 in sandbox, make 4 tribes be my allies vs 3 enemies, then when we defeated them I would attack one of my alllies and take over their things and repeat till I won the game.

I never liked the half life games.

I never played baldurs gates 2 depsite loving 1.

Virtual Cafe Awards

orokpetrus

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
- I have a really bad habit of criticizing games I haven't finished yet, sometimes my criticism is valid if it's about the gameplay or something along those lines, but I tend to say the game has a shitty story or bad characters despite not even getting to its half.

- Following my prior sin, I also have a huge amount of games I've bought on steam and I haven't finished or even played them yet, I've got probably around 40 games that I have to finish.

- I think my last sin is probably not playing horror games cuz they're scary, I know it's kinda dumb but I always get too scared and stop playing them after a couple of hours.

imnotdeadyet

Pseudoanonymized internet husk
Reaction score
Awards
Website
downbytheseaside.neocities.org
I held valve in high regard way after their prime.

I bought a Nintendo switch just to play a few first party titles.

I think majority of very early retro games (before N64) suck and are not worth playing.

I'll buy notoriously bad games or games that are projected to be bad just out of curiosity (e.g goodbye volcano high)

I'll skip certain games regardless of quality if their communities are too annoying to me or if the game is pushed too hard online (e.g Project Zombioid, Faith)

That's all i can think of atm but i'm sure theres way more. Really need to work on changing that last one.

Virtual Cafe Awards

VaporwaveHistorian

The Archbishop of Nova Justiniana and All Cyprus
Reaction score
Awards
Website
archbishopkarolos.blogspot.com
I toggle all map markers, play in very easy, and often toggle God mode in Fallout 4. I give myself like 200 stimpaks and 10k money in FNV with cheats, toggle map markers, and play in very easy.

In my defense, I'm HORRIBLE at combat. Real bad. I play it for the story and spend all my time focusing on all the lore details. Also that fucking first deathclaw almost got me like 10 mins into the game in Fallout 4, and I immediately went into God mode after that. I just want to find my fucking son, not get fucked by a monster mere minutes in.

In Garry's Mod with friends when we do 1v1, I make sure to have them on call on the phone. They use earphones for phone call and have their computer sounds up so they can still hear the game. We play in a manner of hide-and-seek, trying to snipe each other down. What I do is I start throwing random grenades around, simply walking. I can hear their computer sounds on the call. Depending on how close my character's bombs explode, the sounds get louder. I determine their location and snipe them the fuck out. They never figured out how I do it. Sometimes I spawn randomass NPCs like Father Grigori and use his random voice lines in the same manner.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
When I played poke game I would never buy anything and everytime I needed to heal I would run across 5 loading screens to poke center. After that I was like a millioner in game and I would go flex on shopkeepers or some old rich in game character coz I had shit ton of money in my backpack
i did this too, i've got kinda like a weird autism thing in games where i'd rather avoid spending money on connivence items. i remember playing pokémon again as an adult and not knowing what all the store items were cause i never spent money

Virtual Cafe Awards