Confess your video games sins

Xmariokiler

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I toggle all map markers, play in very easy, and often toggle God mode in Fallout 4. I give myself like 200 stimpaks and 10k money in FNV with cheats, toggle map markers, and play in very easy.

In my defense, I'm HORRIBLE at combat. Real bad. I play it for the story and spend all my time focusing on all the lore details. Also that fucking first deathclaw almost got me like 10 mins into the game in Fallout 4, and I immediately went into God mode after that. I just want to find my fucking son, not get fucked by a monster mere minutes in.

In Garry's Mod with friends when we do 1v1, I make sure to have them on call on the phone. They use earphones for phone call and have their computer sounds up so they can still hear the game. We play in a manner of hide-and-seek, trying to snipe each other down. What I do is I start throwing random grenades around, simply walking. I can hear their computer sounds on the call. Depending on how close my character's bombs explode, the sounds get louder. I determine their location and snipe them the fuck out. They never figured out how I do it. Sometimes I spawn randomass NPCs like Father Grigori and use his random voice lines in the same manner.

Attachments

• d2d39f26b0f55d22b2e5482b4be8e2dd2751ccf958bac03211e0dfbb8653a486.jpg
    d2d39f26b0f55d22b2e5482b4be8e2dd2751ccf958bac03211e0dfbb8653a486.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 26
Virtual Cafe Awards

alCannium27

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I toggle all map markers, play in very easy, and often toggle God mode in Fallout 4. I give myself like 200 stimpaks and 10k money in FNV with cheats, toggle map markers, and play in very easy.
I don't do this, butttttttt

I don't actually like the levelling aspect of RPG games; I enjoy the part about playing a role in a story very much, but unlocking new skills and/or abilities? Not so much.
In Skyrim, when I start a new game, after I enter the tutorial dungeon, I immediately add 99999999 experience points so that I can have dozens of skill points, to allow me to cheat engine that number until I unlocked every skill in every skill tree in the game, I then "unlevel" my character to level 1 so she (I play a Nord woman) proceed to progress through the level-gated quests as the game intended.

I do the same in FO4 to unlock all perks. IIRC New Vegas worked slightly differently, since it used perk ranks and perk requirements. Anyways I hide myself in doc's house and grab all perks I want by resetting my levels before going out, in case there are level-gated quests being activated at game start. Another "trap" with NV's perk system is that, every time I level up and there's perk point for that level, I had to pick a perk; so when there's no perks left, I am stuck on the level up screen, thus I am forced to leave a good number of perks locked when I start playing the game.

I get that difficulty issue tho; Bethesda games are still stuck on the "higher difficulty = 3x HP 2x enemy DPS and nothing else" design philosophy. Gets annoying quickly when I have to smash some random mob in the head with a smithing-exploited Steel Axe of whatever OP enchantment repeatedly for a minute straight despite at max perk levels. And level scaling really makes worse, not better.

If only Fromsoft can employ a more "conventional" story-telling structure and use some kind of an in-game dialogue system... or someone else does it

Reaction score
Awards
i always go for a genocide route and i focus more on how many people i can kill in the quickest yet stylish way possible, i don't know why, but i simply can't stop myself from killing npc's, or choosing the most destructive routes i could think of (so much i was dissapointed that new vegas didn't gave you a "kill everyone and get the fuck out the mojave ending" because yes man ending was super mid), a game could be about how inmoral and desensitivizing violence is in videogames, and i could simply not care about the message and go nuts with violence, i love context and narratives and roleplay, but man oh man i will always go with the "anne navarre" alternative to everything.

you should see me playing spec ops the line, i actively shoot civilians, did sick headshots to the marines and went full on violence with verything that moved, (in my opinion walker should have bombed white phosphorus on those civilians twice), is like "you don't get it, you shall not glorify violence :SoyChamp:" i don't fucking care, now eat .45 :tou4:

And even tho metal gear solid 4 is my favorite game ever, i only finished non lethaly once and was only to get the big boss rank, for the rest of the franchise i have never done a non lethal run and i never planning on doing so, in general, i just fucking love violence, there is something intrinsecally satisfying in being a one man army unstoppable killing machine kicking ass and chewing bubblegum.
Celebrate 25 years of Duke Nukem 3D with this special trailer | Shacknews

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
I always turn the sound off so I can listen to music.
Depending on the game, I'll turn off the music to either listen to albums or videos

Most of my Steam collection is also unplayed, and most of the ones that have been played have been played for under a few hours. This seems to be the norm on Steam. I can't imagine how disappointing this must be for the game developers

I also skip a lot of story and dialog in most games

Virtual Cafe Awards

imnotdeadyet

Pseudoanonymized internet husk
Reaction score
Awards
Website
downbytheseaside.neocities.org
I do this too sometimes but in fallout 3 and new vegas. The traveling sucks and the combat is terrible and i don't feel like going through all that on my 47th playthrough. I think on repeat playthroughs skipping some of the terrible parts isn't bad at all.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vulonkaaz

Pure Love
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vulonkaaz.zip
Playing Starbound for 500 hours without installing mods.
absolutely based, I always found the game was actually complete and didn't need mods

I think playing Starbound IN GENERAL is a massive fucking sin.
are you that absolute soyboy who once PMed me trying to convince me my favorite game was actually a terrible game the reason being some obscure dramas that occurred during the development ?

Virtual Cafe Awards
are you that absolute soyboy who once PMed me trying to convince me my favorite game was actually a terrible game the reason being some obscure dramas that occurred during the development ?
Are you actually going to call me names just because you disagreed in what I said about your game? And by the way those "Dramas" weren't obscure by the way. Some people really did get screwed over during the game's development and the majority of them were minors who barely started out as game developers, and I know this because I have a friend of mine who was one of those people.

Starbound as a game is just bad, it was poorly scripted, filled with bugs, the fact that people have to download mods that fixes the game because the main developers did fuck all to the game whilst raking in crowd funding cash. They absolutely butchered gameplay by having a shoehorned story that honestly isn't even good to begin with and mind you that Starbound was originally created as an attempt to steal the success of Terraria considering that Tiyuri virtually was booted off after making constant empty promises to the game's community.

If you're going to actively call me a 'soyboy' over a disagreement we had in PMs, then you're in for a rude awakening then because as far as I know, Chucklefish are one of the scummiest people to have ever existed and the fact that they essentially gotten away with what they did with no repercussions is infuriating. Hell, in fact Stardew Valley's developer left because of what they did in the articles above alone.

If you honestly enjoy the game, well great that, that's how you generally feel about the game itself. However, I'm NOT you and I've looked into this game's troubled history, and I think the content found within the history is eye-raising enough, in fact those news article only scratched the surface of the game's troubled development itself. I would encourage you to actually look into the game development history despite your enjoyment of the game, at least you have context as to why I and maybe a lot of people feel contempt toward the game instead of making a post that just outright dismisses my response to someone here via name calling.

Virtual Cafe Awards

GENOSAD

...or something equally edgy.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
genosadness.neocities.org
absolutely based, I always found the game was actually complete and didn't need mods
idk man, it's pretty hard to play without OptimizeBound, and even then the framerate tanks whenever I put something on to listen to in the background. I honestly find Starbound better with mods, but I've been so used to playing games without mods that it took me way too long to get around to the modding scene.
For what it's worth, I wasn't very fond of the Frackin' Universe mod when I tried it out, though. It's like they wanted to compensate for what most people saw as a lack of features, but ended up going way overboard and complicating everything.

Virtual Cafe Awards

y4k$ha

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I have somewhere close to 1000 hours in GMod and 500 of it is mostly trolling DarkRP / misc. servers with my online friends as a teenager, and the other 500 hours is solo Zombie Survival.

Attachments

• 1108.jpg
    1108.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 14
Virtual Cafe Awards