SpeedSleek
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Awards About Agora Gang Tags

• I am so fucking sick of trying to watch clips of podcats on youtube and getting met with videos where every curse word is censored. It really pisses me off how Youtube is so cucked now that people are just THAT addicted to their sweet sweet ad revenue click dollars. What's even the point of trying to watch something on the internet when it's all scrubbed down like regular television?
    SolidStateSurvivor
    SolidStateSurvivor
    On a side tangent, the "internet" crowd looking to be more "purist" (might not be the most fitting word) about online content is a niche at this point, not the majority. Seems like a lot of people just want their content to be more convenient/free television. Everything has to be a clean sterile dramatized ad friendly product. I don't necessarily hate high production values in online videos but I hate shit like those Nick Robinson vids where instead of just factually documenting some niche gaming thing it has to turn into this whole three act arch centered around his personal journey related to a McDonald's DS game or something. Meanwhile this is all based on knowledge groups like Assembler Games would concisely share for free.
    no_chill
    no_chill
    I agree. And part of the problem is you. In a sense.
    After all you keep coming back to that site.

If we stop coming to youtube it eventually leads to a change and youtube needs to throttle down on their censorship because of dwindling traffic. Or they even double down and become much more restrictive, causing more creators to look for an alternative.
    SpeedSleek
    SpeedSleek
    The biggest problem is that normal John/Jane Doe people on youtube don't care. They'll watch anything you put in front of them which is how we've ended up in this consumerist hellhole we're in today. People like us who want something more can leave but the reality is that we're a minority because the game is different now. We don't like loud, in your face, marvel humor meme videos but normalfags are able to tolerate it. I can dislike every video that annoys me but it makes no real difference unless more people had standards like mine, and we all know it would be nothing but insanity if the world was designed to cater to only one exact person like a hivemind.
    Do any of you guys actually think fish like, let alone mind being in tanks?
    Can they process the potential idea of the world they're in not being real or unatural?
    1675908886254808.png
    SpeedSleek
    SpeedSleek
    >unless they are a sigma male who has the intellect to break out of the matrix
    Tiktaalik.jpg
    Rollingstart
    Rollingstart
    I think they just are just thinking something like "haha I'm a fish" 24/7 and don't think about much else
    MySpace Tom
    MySpace Tom
    They don't have intellect. They operate on instinct
    I just realized I've been here for a little over a week and I'm already making fun of newer users. This place has assimilated me and my poor zoomer dopamine receptors never stood a chance.
    SpeedSleek
    SpeedSleek
    That actually makes sense. This website is meant to be laid back as an escape from gay internet antics, so poking others is like scratching the rash then. I'll keep that in mind then next time.
    赤い男
    赤い男
    good
    Ena GIF - Ena - Discover & Share GIFs
    mydadiscar
    mydadiscar
    @SpeedSleek Yeah my previous post was a joke, despite what one may think due to how we may present we don't really care about new people, as long as someone isn't a prick they're welcome, like Kam says just take it easy
    I wish to quit 4chan for good. Does anyone have any advice for cutting a website like this out of my internet surfing?
    I'm constantly feeling frustrated because I finished my summer college courses like over a week ago and I can't relax because my parents keep making me take care of stupid bullshit that wastes my time and energy. I have only less than 4 weeks to relax and work on my personal projects but it's hard to focus when I can't find my rhythm to work due to always being mildly frustrated. But that's life I guess.
    I had a fucked up dream where my dad dematerialized out of existence and when I turned around my entire house had been infested with mites that were the size of my palms. I tried killing them with my favorite pair of flip flops but they kept coming out of the woodwork and for some reason my dad was the only person in the dream who knew how to exterminate them completely.
    >turn on computer
    >boot up Opera
    >turns out it updated overnight to Opera One
    >see black square
    >think my computer has a glitch
    >realize it's a launch window
    >my browser has a fucking launch window like it's a fucking adobe program
    >nononononono.mp3
    >it loads
    >immediately assaulted with gay rounded edge mobile UI that clashes with every website that doesn't look "modern"
    >can't change it back
    Why can't these spyware fuckers just let me have one good thing?
    Now I have to fucking install Firefox or Brave, and who knows when they'll fuck up their UI.
    yaz
    yaz
    Firefox is aight, the m$ edge is suprisingly fast and good with features, eg. has vertical tabs natively and they work good, in chrome or firefox it must be an extension that works half as bad.

If you want performant browser with minimum bloat though go for chromium (it's what all the browsers are based on except firefox). It might need minimum work, but you can get started in couple minutes following some internet tut
    Regal
    Regal
    Unironically I use Edge. It is good now ™ . But if I wanted to be different I would totally go back to Firefox.
    h00
    h00
    Mullvad Browser nice
    So now that I've been on here for a day I want to ask. How many people actually use this site?
    I know forums are slower and tend to be small worlds so I'm not expecting it to be huge but I just want to know if the community of active users is growing, shrinking, or keeping the same.
    • LOL
    Reactions: Some_porcupine
    no_chill
    no_chill
    You literally have the user statistics on the bottom of the page. No other site lets you see this. And yes its growing. The amount of newfags is keep getting more.
    SpeedSleek
    SpeedSleek
    I understand that I could've just used that window but I wanted to get some community perspective. I know I'm a newfag so I might as well ask a newfag question so I can learn to read the room better. Made more sense to me to see what you guys feel about the site and it's history as opposed to just assuming the average user count has always been 20 and will continue to be 20 until the owner forgets to pay the bills.
    Some_porcupine
    Some_porcupine
    depend on who and why the ask
    I'm down to my last can of Baja Blast and I'm realizing why exactly people seem to like it so much.
    The key is that it's really just juice with extra steps. There's barely any fizz to it which makes it easier to guzzle down as there's more emphasis on the sugar and less of a kick or burn that's associated with fizzy drinks. Because you drink it so fast you feel like you didn't really get to savor it so you end up wanting more. This is in part to the fact that most juices like apple or grape juice have a strong emphasis on an exact flavor. You can taste the apple in apple juice but you can't taste the Baja in Baja Blast because there is no specific flavor. It's just sugar with a tiny hint of lime for that fruity sensation. It gives a sort of mystery that forces you to do a double take.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…