We have media attention

kinda shallow to judge me based on the fact that my pfp is a cool gay alien doing finger guns, but whatever
kinda shallow to join a website you know nothing about just because you read it in an Atlantic article LOL

Virtual Cafe Awards

Placeholder

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
ok im going to admit it. I read that article and thats why i joined. but this website is actually pretty cool and i love the retro aesthetic, so im def gonna try to be active here bc this seems like a pretty cool community!
That's great bro, what music do you like?

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

scheissekopf257

professional dumbass
Reaction score
Awards
kinda shallow to join a website you know nothing about just because you read it in an Atlantic article LOL
so? I joined because this place sounded interesting and cool, and it is! idrc abt what u think
Never heard of the genre or that artist, so I'll have to give it a listen soon. Here though the main genre of discussion is something called Vaporwave. If you want some more context as to what that is, here's a brief video that explains its history up to around 2016:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lN7DAuzWFg

i knew a little abt vaporwave and listened to some like one or twice, but ty for the video! i'll watch it

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
死んだインターネットスレッドはフォーラムで最も人気があります。理由はわかりませんが、私たちは確かに理論を発明しませんでした。これは、インターネットの奇妙なアルゴリズム特性の良い例です。

記事に、これがローファイヒップホップフォーラムであると書かれているのはうれしいです。それは人々をオフにするのに十分ばかげています

Virtual Cafe Awards
死んだインターネットスレッドはフォーラムで最も人気があります。理由はわかりませんが、私たちは確かに理論を発明しませんでした。これは、インターネットの奇妙なアルゴリズム特性の良い例です。

記事に、これがローファイヒップホップフォーラムであると書かれているのはうれしいです。それは人々をオフにするのに十分ばかげています
I really hope so. But lo-fi is a pretty popular genre right now, so my concern is that we'll be flooded by a bunch of retarded Twitter drones.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
アゴラロードフォーラムに集まるすべてのローファイファン

ローファイファン.png

どうしようもなく移住を見守るアゴラロード

アゴラロード.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
kinda shallow to judge me based on the fact that my pfp is a cool gay alien doing finger guns, but whatever
Sorry for the bullying man. It's the just the probability of people with a cool gay alien doing finger guns pfp not getting along that easily here, so that's the reason of the bullying: to test if you're one of them that don't get along with the locals. But I'm sure that won't be the case with you my fellow. Just be kind, respect the flow and don't try to patrol anyone and everything will be going smooth my mellow fellow.

Oh, and by the way, listen to some vaporwave if you haven't. This is a great mix to get into vaporwave if you still haven't:

Virtual Cafe Awards
I joined because of a similar article. I like the retro aesthetic and some of the forum threads here are really insightful and thought provoking. I am reading more than posting, because I don't want the site to change, I like what is written here.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NeoTokyo Tempo

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I joined because of a similar article. I like the retro aesthetic and some of the forum threads here are really insightful and thought provoking. I am reading more than posting, because I don't want the site to change, I like what is written here.
A similar article? There's another one?

Virtual Cafe Awards
A similar article? There's another one?
Yep, although in my case it was slashdot who provided a link to theatlantic. But I didnt click on the atlantic, I only read the slashdot summary.

A quick search on google news shows Futurism, and Analytics India have articles about this place as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards
The Atlantic decided to do a piece on Dead Internet Theory. They mention us directly and even link us. Our boy Illuminati Pirate is spoken of extensively (Even to the point that they mention what kind of work he does). Also, it says our forum is "Largely for discussing lo-fi hip hop". I think this Kaitlyn Tiffany character may have hit her head.
View attachment 6584
What a bitch.
Anyway, here's the article https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...-internet-theory-wrong-but-feels-true/619937/
It's not very impressive. I can only hope it doesn't bring >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk here.
Do they mention me? That is all that matters.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
"Lo-Fi Hip Hop"
What a fucking coincidence that I made this last night.
10D4276C-61D4-46A7-9747-5E226B4B3D47.jpeg

Anyway, new members are good. Except when they suck. The block button is fully functional for those who wish to use it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
"Lo-Fi Hip Hop"
What a fucking coincidence that I made this last night.
View attachment 7052
Anyway, new members are good. Except when they suck. The block button is fully functional for those who wish to use it.
Could you please translate those letters to english for us? I don't get to read a thing sadly, I can't understand what's written there.

Virtual Cafe Awards