Agora Road's Unreal Tournament - UT99 Server

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
my computer bluescreened halfway through lel, was getting tired anyway but would have quite preferred if it didnt happen in the middle of the match
(nothing to do with the game just have a shite computer)
good game either way, was nice playing with you all

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
my computer bluescreened halfway through lel, was getting tired anyway but would have quite preferred if it didnt happen in the middle of the match
(nothing to do with the game just have a shite computer)
good game either way, was nice playing with you all
Darn. Well it was great playing with you too, man. Thanks for coming.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
A bit low turnout last night but it was super fun overall. Even with only two people in the vc we managed to talk for hours about the state of the world, the meaning of life, and even vaporwave. I firmly believe the cure for cancer will be created in the Agora Frag Night VC.

Virtual Cafe Awards

waffle

an angel of daemons
Reaction score
Awards
I have no good excuse. Was in for about two rounds but had some connectivity challenges with my ISP.

I continue to be down to clown and I'll jump into VC with my connection issues sorted. Thanks for hosting!!

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
@shrapnelnet I guess you have to patch it with different patches for Linux. See the post here:

Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
BUTTON DESIGN - HELP WANTED!
If you haven't seen yet, Pirate added a button I made to advertise this thread to the homepage under Agora quotes. The problem is the text is fricking illegible. I suck at graphic design but I'm gonna try again anyway. If any of you are good at it, help would be appreciated.

The dimensions are 231 x 87 pixels but it seems like Pirate scales them down somewhat so make sure the text is readable even at a smaller size than that. Ideally it should be both vaporwave and Unreal Tournament themed but if you can only do one or the other that's fine. Thank you all.

@Brapuccino, @COCKPIT BLUNTSMOKER, @h00, @HammerKoopa, @lovelace, @mydadiscar, @Mеченый Яков, @№56, @oracle, @Radical, @RealTomCruise, @turntableToothache, @waffle, & @Z0diacK

Virtual Cafe Awards

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
If you haven't seen yet, Pirate added a button I made to advertise this thread to the homepage under Agora quotes. The problem is the text is fricking illegible. I suck at graphic design but I'm gonna try again anyway. If any of you are good at it, help would be appreciated.

The dimensions are 231 x 87 pixels but it seems like Pirate scales them down somewhat so make sure the text is readable even at a smaller size than that. Ideally it should be both vaporwave and Unreal Tournament themed but if you can only do one or the other that's fine. Thank you all.

@Brapuccino, @COCKPIT BLUNTSMOKER, @h00, @HammerKoopa, @lovelace, @mydadiscar, @Mеченый Яков, @№56, @oracle, @Radical, @RealTomCruise, @turntableToothache, @waffle, & @Z0diacK
Not promises but i'll see what i can do this week.

Virtual Cafe Awards

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

HammerKoopa

The King of the Walruses //セイウチキング
Reaction score
Awards
Website
walrus-island.neocities.org

Woke up at 5 am and shat this out
231x87:
AgoraRoadFragNights231x87.gif

88x33:
AgoraRoadFragNights88x33.gif

Also full UTAgora-chan (dont mind the stray pixels edition) and PSD file for whoever wants to tinker with it
UTAgoraChan.png

https://files.catbox.moe/vxe4k5.psd

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
Virtual Cafe Awards

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

ビンス

Hopeless Romantic
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chrysalism.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards

赤い男

번호9
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

shrapnelnet

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
blog.shr4pnel.com
I have a quick and easy guide for all people struggling to get UT99 running well on linux

Step 1:
Do not even try to use wine

wine is the devil because bindings to direct3d just get thrown into the bin and it makes a whole lot of trouble for you that no amount of configuration will fix

Step 2:
Download the latest patch for linux here. As of posting, 496d is the latest release

Step 3:
Untar the archive to an empty folder, call it UT99 or something.

Step 4:
Download the UT99 GOTY CD image from your site of choice. Archive.org has the two disc edition and you dont have to mess around with crappy torrent sites

Step 4:
Mount the disc image as an ISO. It may come as an MDF file, which on debian based distros can be converted to ISO using mdf2iso

Step 5:
Copy the contents of the disc image to the UT99 folder, do this for all the files in disc one, and just the textures and sounds and maps for the second one.

Step 6:
Run the binary at UT99/System64/ut-bin and close out immediately

Step 7:
Fix your resolution, which will likely be fucked up. Your config is in a hidden folder in $HOME (.utpg). It's in the system folder at unrealtournament.ini

That's pretty much it! Enjoy playing and let me know if this works for you

Virtual Cafe Awards