Agora Road Travelogue (May '24)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Welcome to the 10th mensual Agora Road Travelogue!
Initially inspired by the Bring Back Blogging movement, this is an Agora Road version to encourage y'all to WRITE STUFF!
  1. Commit to writing 2 blog posts in this month of May.
  2. Indicate, in some way, that you are participating in the Travelogue on the blog post you are submitting.
  3. Upon publishing your post, you must comment in this thread your 1) Article's title 2) Link to article.
  4. Consider joining ZinRicky's RSS feed like a baws
Q: What if I don't have a website to publish on?
A: Feel free to submit blog posts here on the forum. But its BIGLY encouraged to make one! It's not too hard to start, don't let perfect get in the way of good, let your crude initial aesthetic be, let your content shine. The Personal Web thread may be able to point you in the right direction.

Q: Am I limited to 2 posts?
A: No, but you will need to submit at least 2 otherwise you're a poser and will be publicly shamed

Q: Any restrictions on content?
A: Other than the content being one's own, no, but please do not abuse this.

Thank you to all who participate, write away!

Previous Threads: August '23 | September '23 | October '23 | November '23 | December '23 | January '24 | February '24 | March '24 | April '24

Helpful Articles: reasons to write and publish | How I approach crafting a blog post | Blog about what you want | Some blogging myths

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
1/02, 2/5/2
Agora road travelogue - May, I.
Non-critical Critizeurs

i must not to be the only one to notice this. i think it was pinpointed, critiziced many times before - any, but mainly place, forum - about nostalgia, will get in the circlejerk rut. "past was better", and yeah, dont beat around the Bush (Jr., Sr. ?)...
it is right to criticize bs that doesnt work; or, to clinge (then) for that reason too(,) onto images (figments) (real, promises, fiction, alt-history) of the past...
yeah... neoliberalism "kumbayah" failed(*) and so did hope, prices, and whig historiography...
- past was both objectively and subj-y better. problem, i noticed, is those types of media - blogs, posts, videos etc., in (overplayed) format, "now and (vs.) then". the most insipid shit yould ever see - past, which is, without any reason whatsoever, never negative and always better than modern times, which are portrayed by those accounts as rotten, degenerate and as (are) "murderers"(/*) for fact we "let capitalism happen/win!" yeah... (*smug, sarcasm*) babe-babe; (living in own universe)
you cant remember things (promises) 6 months prior, fail for the same traps (var. free, action, bonus lies, - instead of pinpointing etc. greed or lies, monopoly...), still for "gifts, (or) miracles" (...) and expect, from your tumblr-millennial-betterperson-ivorytower club (membership), that white-cishead-tyrannical-man-raper (your words) will vote for your (ehm, unwilled-agreed) friends from Left (or not: ) (Merkel (lol, as-if!), Obama 2008 (if we knew...!)) and Leftpol (Marx, Deleuze, Nietsche-types)
- when, in fact, closest you two (your cishead) would ever meet, would be extreme racist right-wing twitter meme posteur tweet, and alt-polcom com section, with no value... instead that you both want to call on bs journobros say - but then, either of you wouldnt read that slop... you both evenly blame (so i hope, if so you can(t) think for yourselves...) bad actors, but you two (groups) are too cmofortable to call others idiots (left-vs-center (etc)-vs-right war), than reality of neighter's is really present and-(n)or represented (both are being lied to, and bare minimum done is enough for ones (winners now) to be happy...
you dont criticize one another, nor listen or really talk (w.e.o.) - it is just goalpost war, mere proxies, reprezts of... the simplest impulses - it is comparable to the Invisible hand of the Market, really...
you dont listen, hear, understand. no dialogue. no way out...
we got (so) used to this, Globalization is just another mask , always was - control, simplification, gentrification, making up new narratives, needs it is. to blame and then to solve - really, technocratically... ants' hill, but we can "reason", if we then, didnt made up that excuse, to "not be (so "cruel" (as-if it is the right term...)) (like) animals", too...
and i, (al)so unwillingly, say - kings, feuds were right. keeping things, power to themselves, (gatekeeping) was, is, right and beneficial. or if so - (retarded) globalization endgoal is, perhaps, to destroy privacy, (our) free will and hack into our brains, dreams and needs. desires (yay, cyberpunk! so sexy, so cool, so... controlable!)(?)
and too, then, "to acept it", as it was "always going to end up like this, it was plan, we said you so, you cant fight *winners* (of history)!"... - but even (if) so, that makes it no way the reality - or you want to tell me, accept me, us, that , end me up to say, "you will agive up privacy for security?", wouldnt you...?!
you disgust me -and Feds with WEFers got you (your head)!!!

* past can be good, but now-vs-then comparisons take all modern stuff as bad... (and lead to leftypol breadtube or tatebros)...

(side ideas) not to forgot (i got too much out of hand, way):

you criticize people and groups? so funny, so easy, so first-plan! but wrong take, bozo!
why you ever do that?! you are, like, brainwashed, or something? feds paid you, didnt they, ...!?!
you got no mind of your own, you need "opinions"!!?! (no a-priori, no science interest, no will to discover "why"?...!)
boo-hoo, youd got knot in your brain, wont you?!? waste of time and energy - if you then say "all is fake" (tumblr, breadtube, blusky... style), how is it not (just) that, so is so that idea/thought, jeniwus!??!?
"no free will", huh!? so, no Glowies playing tricks on you (thru breadtube manip.)?! ...Really...?! (dont say!!!) (/cyn, you pick - do i tell truth, or i mean this ironically? what did i just say, cuh?...)

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
1/02, 2/5/2
Agora road travelogue - May, I.
Non-critical Critizeurs
https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.p...l-illness-and-victim-culture.6712/post-109834 (threadring)
Yes!
Tho I feel like this thread is copy of some another...

edit: sure it is! it is in like every second, every 1.5th post, that We got it over, one way or another!...

Also I talk about this fakery (jobs, money, society...) In my Young people are giving up Thread, so I or you may relink it here or there or both.
While it is bad and we can say it is true, what to do, Retvrn? But what to. If it has come to this, then doesn't it mean this fakery goes since forever, always has been?
If we, you win this fight , how to not this repeat again and again, forever, the same struggle? Only by Infinite set revolutions in culture etc!?
I made similar post for May Agora (I. of II) Blogging/Travelogue, it is scary that this happened twice, but not that really - even YouTube, as you say, with all yappers, try to push only what is popular to watch , the ...the kids saying It is over - over and over. You see one video and then you are pushed into breadtube leftypol, or tatemates (Rogan, Tate, Jordan)...
What to do. Destroy society unless it become too big to grasp with our heads? (Alan Watts was afraid so, that by 2016, it would be impossible to get by the world we designed is)
Trapped in our own creation. Is this how God feels???

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Reasons to Blog

#1 IndieWeb Carnival (Deadline: June 1st)

Juha-Matti Santala (Juhis) is the host for the month: May 2024 - Creative environments. Follow the theme, get it to juhamattisantala@gmail.com, and he'll include it at the end of the month in the roundup post.

#2 Tales of Agora Road - Ezine #4 (Unknown)
Click on the link for the thread details, but basically @IlluminatiPirate collects submissions from travelers about: Nostalgia, Internet Oddities, Album Reviews, Aesthetic Galleries, Opinion and Short Stories! Consider participating!

#3 muse ariadne (Weekly Writing Prompts)
"i'll post a new prompt for members to write anything they'd like in response to and post on their personal websites. if you can't make it to every week, that's totally alright-- this is low pressure. we encourage regular participation, but the joy of this club is to inspire creativity and a reasonable amount of accountability"

#4 Y2K Quarterly - Issue #3 (Closed Until July 1st)
This independent literary magazine is looking for submissions that are set, reflect upon, or remind of the early 2000's (1997-2007). They accept all types of fiction, poetry, non-fiction, essay, art, etc. as long as it is 1999 words or less. Multiple submissions allowed! Consider reading Issue #1 for inspiration.

#5 Lainchan Web Festival (PENDING)
The Lainchan Webring [#1 & #2] has officially started their own blog festival! The second iteration is currently awaiting a host.

Prior Participants: @Voicedrew | @Some_porcupine | @RisingThumb | @andreixyz | @shrapnelnet | @HammerKoopa | @whiteVHS | @imacop | @grap | @Jade | @no_chill | @microbyte | @agoratoad | @nakadashi | @ZinRicky | @niuenso | @Devastatia | @Noxy | @Alixie | @manpaint

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

niuenso

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
niuenso.com
As always I did my part. Two posts are up on the blog in the month of May:

- My entry for the indieweb carnival
- P&B interview with Cory Dransfeldt

@Eden FYI, you've been nominated in one of the upcoming interviews as a potential candidate for the P&B series. I'm gonna ask you to be a guest at some point. I'm currently not sending out new invitations since I have interviews ready for a few months but i'll ping you via email in a month or so.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
As always I did my part. Two posts are up on the blog in the month of May:

- My entry for the indieweb carnival
- P&B interview with Cory Dransfeldt

@Eden FYI, you've been nominated in one of the upcoming interviews as a potential candidate for the P&B series. I'm gonna ask you to be a guest at some point. I'm currently not sending out new invitations since I have interviews ready for a few months but i'll ping you via email in a month or so.
Lessssgoo, awesome! I'd more than love to! And great work too!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Virtual Cafe Awards
10/5/24,0/19
Agora Road TraveLogue
May II.

SEARCHING, DOUBLEPOSTS AND NETSANITY (LINKSIETY)

Quora has this neat function, - if you are to post new thread, answer, question, you write it down this box... And so, what I like and love, and would be neat if we had it too and also here - to end doubleposting - is:
this box, after submitting, works too as search box - it gets you a list of same, related problems, questions and themes!
But I get it:

1. it is laziness and,
  2. it is Agora road Search console that is to blame for those doubleposts... also,
  3. sometimes, it is just that the themes differ, but ends up samey, but then, and that is,
  4. it is the main "theme" of the Forum, - Nostalgia:
"world is crap, used to be better, flush your iPhone and hold my hand" (or so) is where they all threads, 90% of the time, ends up as and can be concluded as/so/with.
If it is(nt) too for the "anti-establishment" moods; once in the 90s, 2000s and very early 2010s called "the common sense" (/buffyisms too...)! - Well, but once almost everyone swallowed the Pill of "EzoWineMomism", so-called "MyOwnTruthium" or "PostTruthol"...
Facts and reality can be dismayed by wise-ass-cracky "Nothing is real", "Numbers are our own figments (can be skewed/payed actors...)", "Nothing is provable coz >IFLS snark + Tumblr "hagcademy"< xyz "Fallacy" ", etc. - Know-it-alls, but All-knows-it - it, that ... we can(t) see no way out anymore - same, as with these similar threads; uhm... - we want to do new things, but deny history?!
So, is it so because we are scared, that we are not "special (geniuses)", - maybe too proud, jelous, smug and snarky - edgy, to admit we DIDNT have to reinvent the wheel; and that we surely werent the first ones either, to do so, in our var. fields... - isnt it!? And so - how Einstein said his phrase, the one about Insanity definition...!
We need quite new ways of thinking, to come up with with the new ideas nowadays, facing what we havent seen before...

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
Thoughts on Internet Communication

By the way @Punp , I have decided to abstain from making the "hot take" thread. The idea I had for the thread is discussed in this blog entry, hence the ping.

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
Thoughts on Internet Communication

By the way @Punp , I have decided to abstain from making the "hot take" thread. The idea I had for the thread is discussed in this blog entry, hence the ping.
An excellent and thorough post, thanks Manpaint. I'll reflect on this through the week.

I too have noticed an anxiety in post topics that go nowhere. There's a desire to "be informed" and "philosophise" on topics outside of our control which can easily relapse into the ghoulish spectatorship of social media spectacle.

What can we talk about which is beneficial and real? When questions have direct answers like "what sort of plug do I need for european outlets?", where can we find the art of conversation?

Virtual Cafe Awards