Beatles Thread

hyprstorm

devils advocate
Reaction score
Awards
so i used to hate the Beatles with a passion despite not knowing any songs except yellow submarine and hello, goodbye. that all changed about 3 months ago when i learned a number of my favorite jazz songs were covers of beatles tunes (a day in the life by wes montgomery, michelle by yusef lateef, etc). i decided to listen to a little beatles and i caught the bug. i listen to the beatles 24/7 now. help. (i need somebody). ive devised a couple of questions to provoke healthy beatlescussion in this thread.
a- what is your favorite beatles album?
b- who is your favorite member?
c- where do you think they "rank" in terms of greatest/most influential artists?

Virtual Cafe Awards

kokikola

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
a- Hard one.. I love almost all of their albums, especially Rubber Soul, Revolver and White. I think I'll have to go with the White Album

b- George Harrison! I love John Lennon (my fav artist of all time is Bob Dylan so his influence on Lennon did a lot of good things for the beatles) but Harrison experimented a lot which resulted in great songs such as Love You To and Long, Long, Long

c-Among the greatest along with Dylan. They influenced so many bands and so many genres. From Help they kept getting better and kept innovating.

zalaz alaza

hawaiin burger genie 5.04 LTS
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zalazalaza.xyz
White Album
George with Paul a close second
I think they are the most famous rock band of all time and deeply influential in the creation of all music after them, though not my favorite.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SchizoNomad

Professional unemployed
Reaction score
Awards
Website
monarchy4ever.lovestoblog.com
A - Magical Mystery Tour is underrated as fuck, the movie sucks but the album is a absolute gem.
B - I don't have a right answer because I don't know any of the guys well, but I like Harrison's honesty and spirituality.
C - I would say they are the most influential band OF THE 20TH CENTURY, yes we still feel a lot of influence from the Beatles today, but let's be honest: Rock is no longer the pillar of pop music, a LOT has changed in the last 50 years since they split up.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Thereal

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
My favorite Beatles album is probably Sgt Peppers, but once the Rubber Soul remix comes out that might be my favorite. Beatles for Sale is also up there for me

Lennon is my favorite Beatle, though Paul and George definitely had better solo careers.

Yellow Submarine is one of the best animated movies of all time

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

explorAR

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
cybos.neocities.org
A- I'd have to go with the white album, but my favorite song by them is Eleanor rigby.
B- probably John Lennon, even though I sort of get the impression he's diluted on his own importance and thinks he can get away with anything in the name of "peace and love."
C- These days I feel their influence has diminished quite a lot, but I do think they did a lot of forming the basic pop structure (even though pop is sort of falling out of relevance outside of advertising).

Virtual Cafe Awards