Become Santa Claus

• Thread starter Punp
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 525 times.

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
When I found out that Santa wasn't real, I was devestated. My dad took me aside and showed me where he hid and wrapped the presents. Once you have knowledge of Santa Claus, he said, you must become Santa Claus and provide that magic to other people.

In times when we find that the forums aren't as entertaining because they don't contain the things we used to enjoy coming here for, it is time to become Santa Claus. Dig through the collection of stuff you found online and saved into a folder and share it with the newer members of the forums.

You have consumed your fair share of Christmases. It is time for you to cease being a consumer and start being Santa Claus. Try to remember what it was that others did for you that made the forums special.

I hope this analogy was as cheesy as I hoped it would be. If you are interested, becoming Santa Claus helped revive my spirit of Christmas and a new joy of giving was discovered and Christmas was saved in Whoville.

-Punp.

p.s. Today's Aesthetic is Pepsi TV rips

1663719661530.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
I think your analogy is good. I never really thought about Internet forums like that.

I'm going to see Saint Pepsi in Houston next week :MacTonight:

That sounds excellent. I hope you have a great time. Do digital artists just press play on their mix deck and take a seat in a deck chair on the stage?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chao Tse-Tung

Chairman of the Deep-State Cabal, KEC
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aoaed-official.neocities.org
I've been thinking about this. Honestly, one of the things that drew me into forums as a lurking little kid, and the same thing that drew me into this place now, is that it just feels comfortable, homey, even. It's like, opening up >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk or instagram or any big site feels like walking into a Walmart. Bland, rounded off edges for dummies, no soul, just endless aisles of slightly different brands of the same overhyped crap filled with idiots you mostly try to avoid. You come onto a forum, and it feels more akin to walking into your older brothers' decked out basement with his friends, and it's overall just a very different, and much more welcoming experience. Because the fact of the matter is that Facebook asking you to add your interests and shit is about as welcoming as the underpaid Walmart greeter, and it entirely pales in comparison to the "yo, how's it goin? Tell us about yourself." from a community of actual people who know eachother by [user]name.

Virtual Cafe Awards

JihyoParkXX

Scum Fuck Flower Boy
Reaction score
Awards
I've been thinking about this. Honestly, one of the things that drew me into forums as a lurking little kid, and the same thing that drew me into this place now, is that it just feels comfortable, homey, even. It's like, opening up >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk or instagram or any big site feels like walking into a Walmart. Bland, rounded off edges for dummies, no soul, just endless aisles of slightly different brands of the same overhyped crap filled with idiots you mostly try to avoid. You come onto a forum, and it feels more akin to walking into your older brothers' decked out basement with his friends, and it's overall just a very different, and much more welcoming experience. Because the fact of the matter is that Facebook asking you to add your interests and shit is about as welcoming as the underpaid Walmart greeter, and it entirely pales in comparison to the "yo, how's it goin? Tell us about yourself." from a community of actual people who know eachother by [user]name.
What a great analogy. Say some dumb shit in Walmart and they kick you out, do that in the basement and you'll be having all-night conversations with the boys.

Virtual Cafe Awards