Do you ever feel as though you have lost your mind?

Lord_hierophant

Lord protector
Reaction score
Awards
I feel that I live in great contradiction within my thoughts, emotions and actions I look at something I have a thought, but what I say is not consistent with what I think. I look around me and see others suffering, treating everyone like garbage and I sadly have a dab of that black ink of hate; I look in the mirror and I can think I am the greatest in the world only to then hear the thoughts of decay and negative self-talk. Most of what I hear on the news and the past is doom and gloom, about how we are doomed or that the rapture is coming; fear, fear, fear is the feeling I see in others and myself. If you asked me what are the most common emotions you feel, I'd say fear, hatred, sadness and dread.
What do you guys think, have you lost your self's?
Have you done something that you know is in great contradiction with who you are?
Do you willingly
do wrong and yet continue to do it anyway?

nsequeira119

DNW Expert
Reaction score
Awards
Website
tinyurl.com
Last week was the first time I ever felt like I'd lost it. My heart was pounding really loudly, I wasn't getting any sleep, I felt totally broken for a few days. Then it passed. I hope I don't ever have it again, but if I do my approach will be roughly the same- sleep, eat, relax, move on and find something fun and interesting to occupy my time with.

I never really feel doom or gloom, I'd say. I don't worry about the Rapture because I'm an Atheist and I know it's not going to happen, I don't worry about the rise of A.I. because I'm not a Technology Marketing Executive who needs to advertise their robots as the most advanced, and I don't believe such a thing is possible- I don't even believe in a nuclear war because I think Mutually Assured Destruction is reason enough that nobody will send their missiles over here. I don't think the world will ever end in a big catastrophic event that can be clearly marked and defined. I think, rather, that the world's decline will come about gradually, a long slow death, and by the time there are only 100 people left from humanity's sheer incompetence, everyone will assume that's the way it's always been.

I'd say my most common emotion is manic creative euphoria. As a rule, I try my best not to do things that counteract or override who I am and what I believe. I have a pretty stringent code of ethics and I try not to break it. I can't say I ever have. I know exactly who I am, what I want, and what I'm going to do next, and I don't let anyone tell me otherwise.

Virtual Cafe Awards