Making Agora Accessible to Modern Audiences

7Pebbles

Enemy of the Digital Panopticon
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 39855
My uBlock Origin is blocking 7 things on this page. Not that 3 more is any higher a number as far as trackers go these days.
I love uBlock. I recommend enabling the side-panel-thingy that lets you block specific things so that you can crank-up its aggressiveness.

Begone ye assorted feds and spooky corporation trackers!
1665263587905.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Caspar

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I wonder which part made you realize that this was satire?
Well, if I read it naturally: point a.) is that you formatted this the same way as you format your "explain the joke" posts and b.) would have to be when you suggested changing the website slogan.

Although in fairness, I read the very first sentence and my blood pressure went up, jumped to the responses, and I saw something about a list of wrong-thinkers, and opened the .txt document. For me, that instantly signaled parody.

Jared

יָרֶד
Reaction score
Awards
Website
xertech.neocities.org
A list of users with atypical and extremist opinions can be found in the attachments of this post.
didn't read, but i saw this line and knew it was going to be fucking cringe , anyway this is a niche basket weaving forum not an economic asset .Forums aren't profitable and never will be , plus most us don't even want this , we want a quaint community.

Virtual Cafe Awards

JihyoParkXX

Scum Fuck Flower Boy
Reaction score
Awards
3/10 idea. I had my contact over at Activision Blizzard input this into their diversity measurement tool and the results show that it does not have enough signaling of positivity, which could be detrimental in securing investment from the big firms.

The Agora-chan mascot, a kawaii anime woman, presumably white Caucasian which sets unrealistic expectations for the youth. I suggest we introduce BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ characters in place of her, I'm considering a queer black girl with gay parents; better if we make her a bit chubby because we welcome fat acceptance. Say hello to Agora-shawty:

download.png
download (2).png

The dislike button is also a terrible idea as it encourages hate, we should be on equal level with all other major social networking sites and only use emojis. This is a good preparation if we are aiming towards a buyout from Meta.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
didn't read, but i saw this line and knew it was going to be fucking cringe , anyway this is a niche basket weaving forum not an economic asset .Forums aren't profitable and never will be , plus most us don't even want this , we want a quaint community.
>"i like forums!!1!"
>doesn't actually bother to read anything
the irony here is astounding

Virtual Cafe Awards
the design you look for ;)

edit: or if it looked like terminal/teletext UX

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
This is sick, thanks. How did you find it?
oh, you see, in the intro, there is PGP signed message
so, cicada solvers (3301) got tool that looks for PGPs in case theyd be signed up by cicada(s) themselves
and so, tadaa, here we are - it was posted into DSC group as *this* interesting place some time ago
i like the aesthetivs of place, the weird images and that the pictures are displayed upon hover, - i got something for it :D

Virtual Cafe Awards
Why did this thread die? Site is shit and is in need of a rework. Agora Road mobile friendly UI update when?
Agora Road Mobile Website.png

Better yet, make the Agora Road mobile app a real thing.

Agora Mobile.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
Why did this thread die? Site is shit and is in need of a rework. Agora Road mobile friendly UI update when?
View attachment 84125

Better yet, make the Agora Road mobile app a real thing.

View attachment 84127
I think we could have an influx of really good, helpful users if we made the site more accessible. It'd really help people make good contributions if the site were made quick and disposable.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
if the Alerts worked like on Quora, and youd just clicked on arrow Next, to skim you thru your notifs...

Virtual Cafe Awards